Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2247 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comCCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #33691
sirhk100

And that my friends is how long it takes to find the tools needed, strip the entire front suspension off the truck and put the tools away having never done it before. Talk about user friendly!!!! LOL Everything except for the radius arms is off the truck only cause I didn't want to break the brake lines loose and drop them... No biggie though, they look good. Off to buy paint to see if I can at least get the frame rails painted tonight. Tomorrow night I'll get my hardware list made and paint the suspension components for reassembly on Thursday evening possibly...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #33692
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
And that my friends is how long it takes to find the tools needed, strip the entire front suspension off the truck and put the tools away having never done it before. Talk about user friendly!!!! LOL Everything except for the radius arms is off the truck only cause I didn't want to break the brake lines loose and drop them... No biggie though, they look good. Off to buy paint to see if I can at least get the frame rails painted tonight. Tomorrow night I'll get my hardware list made and paint the suspension components for reassembly on Thursday evening possibly...
Sweeeeeeet
Unread 12-17-2013, 09:17 PM   #33693
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Matthew, would these work for wheels?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/4245385266.html
Thanks for the link. Those are going to push in the tires a little and I'm actually looking for some that will push them out about a 1/2 inch.
matthew900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #33694
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well I sabotaged the jeep so it defenitely won't start... The truck has a whole new ignition and I have video surveillance of both of them...pistol is on hip as well.. hopefully it is an uneventful night.
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #33695
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

so my figgen accord blew a damn oil seal right when i got home today, guess i get to do my first import timing belt tomorrow
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:34 PM   #33696
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post
Pm sent... Thanks!!!
My S/D got hit at the gym; same thing, driver's side popped just like yours. I used the rear passenger handle with no lock cylinder hole just like Spaceball said. I also put those jimmijammers on all four corners. Get OEM handles though, don't cheap out and get aftermarket. Pretty low quality crap for aftermarket stuff.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #33697
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Neato, you're the only one on this thread that has any real world justification for this type of power plant swap also though. Yes... I totally just said it... Marn's tank would be the only other exception... Oh and whoever has that FSJ truck up north too.

Yes, I'm totally an a$$hole... I know... wah... LOL
I don't have 400 hp yet, but I have a v8. Pretty sure I can justify it too. And I don't have deathwobble.
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #33698
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/4248306738.html Good deal on half doors if anyone needs 'em.
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #33699
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
I don't have 400 hp yet, but I have a v8. Pretty sure I can justify it too. And I don't have deathwobble.
I honestly have no clue what you drive so for all I know, you probably need a V10!

Unread 12-18-2013, 12:18 AM   #33700
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I honestly have no clue what you drive so for all I know, you probably need a V10!
He drives a civic...
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #33701
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels
Well I sabotaged the jeep so it defenitely won't start... The truck has a whole new ignition and I have video surveillance of both of them...pistol is on hip as well.. hopefully it is an uneventful night.
That sucks.. Sorry to hear you are having to go through all this drama when you first come to Vegas!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 02:09 AM   #33702
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Ugh, being up all night sick sucks when you have a 3am wake up call for work. Thank goodness today is my last work day this year :-)
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #33703
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Ugh, being up all night sick sucks when you have a 3am wake up call for work. Thank goodness today is my last work day this year :-)
You lucky dog you!

Now for some range time!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #33704
sirhk100

I swear!!! I should've never come to work in this side of the auto industry!!! I remember when I used to stand up for jeep owners and used to think they were smarter then the norm!!! A gas cap was too complicated so I had to do installation instructions, the first revision was a page long. That still wasn't good enough so I made a 4 page long installation instruction page for a gas cap that even went so far as to explain the technical terms of clockwise and counter clockwise and even included a link to a youtube video showing how to put a gas cap on.

Now this morning, I get to write instructions on how to install our universal fire extinguisher mounts because obviously people can't think for themselves. I don't understand how some jeep owners know how to operate their vehicles in all honesty at this point. Why did you buy the mount in the first place if you had no idea of what to do with it? I explained to the person on the phone that they had to either drill some holes and mount it with bolts or commonly, most people mount it with hose clamps to their roll bar which we actually sell as well. I'm pretty sure the dude hung up the phone still clueless as to what to do with it.

Unread 12-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #33705
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well nobody messed with my vehicles last night... I put up a sign that said smile for the camera. I still have to watch the video to see if anyone showed up and was scared by the sign.
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.