Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2243 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Currie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-17-2013, 09:28 AM   #33631
sirhk100

That has a nice ring to it...

Look power!!! I turned the rust bucket I bought shiny!!!

Before'ish

Same area'ish after...

The first two pictures above are a pretty good representation of what the whole cage looks like now. Gonna push it out tonight to pressure wash it so I can get started on the cleaning up the frame rails underneath and begin teardown of the rear suspension for inspection, clean up, paint and reassembly.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #33632
JPrich

If someone can pick up that 6.0 and hold on to it for a few years for me I'll gladly come take it off your hands in early 2017.
JPrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #33633
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrich View Post
If someone can pick up that 6.0 and hold on to it for a few years for me I'll gladly come take it off your hands in early 2017.
For what you can get a RTR (ready to run) package from several companies, not to mention warranty, lower miles, NEW not rebuilt harness, tuned PCM and the support.....even the prices in that craigslist add are not good.....for example a RTR 350hp, less than 75K LQ9 6.0 with new harness, PCM with your spec tune ect...$3500-4K out the door. By the time you buy that 6.0 for $1200, the headache of re-working a harness, or buying a new one, sending the PCM out for tune, and all the misc. BS, trust me having one show up on a pallet ready to go can't be beat!!

To me, the warranty and support was the biggest factor....My warranty doesn't start until the 1st day I fire my engine up, and out of good faith call them to tell them I have it going!! Pretty awesome for a take-out engine! As an example, I bought the fancy racing/offroad oil pan ($450)! I have had my engine on a pallet for 6 months now and had never looked at what was underneath the shrinkwrap. A month ago when I finally unpackaged everything I found my fancy oil pan was crushed due to load shifting on the pallet. I called them, and had a new pan in 2 days, all I had to do was ship old one back!! They could have to me to pound sand.....I received it 6 months before!

And for the 5.3 guys RTR packages are $2500 all day!!!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #33634
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
6.0 waggy.....
6bt > 6.0
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #33635
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared

6bt > 6.0
Won't fit :-(

Not to mention needing basically a whole new front end of the frame/suspension/axle to support the 1200 pound engine

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 10:39 AM   #33636
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

That being said,

Good morning fellas

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-17-2013, 10:46 AM   #33637
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:

Won't fit :-(

Not to mention needing basically a whole new front end of the frame/suspension/axle to support the 1200 pound engine
It would fit and all you need is stiffer springs come on now let's get it done
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 11:15 AM   #33638
sirhk100

Pretty sure I posted pictures of the tools mostly need to fix your fitment issues a few posts back...

Unread 12-17-2013, 11:17 AM   #33639
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Pretty sure I posted pictures of the tools mostly need to fix your fitment issues a few posts back...
Now if we can just get powr to decide where to drill the hole, we can be ready for the install.

Looks like we'll be starting sometime around February

Unread 12-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #33640
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

The way I look at it sooner or later if you wheel anything but the least challenging trails you're going to dent the tub by accident no matter how careful you are so you might as well drill a bunch of holes, amour the crap out of it, and bash it into the rocks on purpose. It's way more fun when you don’t have to worry about dents and scratches. Now my fenders and rockers are just additional contact points I can slide and pivot on.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #33641
sirhk100

Quote:
Now if we can just get powr to decide where to drill the hole, we can be ready for the install.

Looks like we'll be starting sometime around February

Feb 2014 or 2015?

Unread 12-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #33642
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
The way I look at it sooner or later if you wheel anything but the least challenging trails you're going to dent the tub by accident no matter how careful you are so you might as well drill a bunch of holes, amour the crap out of it, and bash it into the rocks on purpose. It's way more fun when you don’t have to worry about dents and scratches. Now my fenders and rockers are just additional contact points I can slide and pivot on.
I tried that with my passenger side rock slider..... Didn't work out too well. So, any one want to help me build some thick walled 2x6 sliders??
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #33643
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I tried that with my passenger side rock slider..... Didn't work out too well. So, any one want to help me build some thick walled 2x6 sliders??
Letís just get some thick angle iron and weld it to the bottom corner of tub. Problem solved.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #33644
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Puck are you planning on cutting the rockers out and welding that 2x6 in its place? Just something I remember seeing but have never seen it in person.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2013, 12:16 PM   #33645
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Puck are you planning on cutting the rockers out and welding that 2x6 in its place? Just something I remember seeing but have never seen it in person.
Nope. It will be sitting under the rocker.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.