Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 224 - JeepForum.com
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3346 of 41962 Old 01-13-2012, 04:43 PM
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

What's the tally so far for Sundays little expedition? I'm still in (unless something comes up).

I'm in a stock JKU Rubicon.

Being Green is the new Red.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3347 of 41962 Old 01-13-2012, 04:45 PM
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

A friend in Texas sent me a bunch of wild hog jerky. Jerky isn't cooked, right? My immune system is low at the moment and I'm concerned about eating uncooked meat.

This same friend owns a bunch of acres ot there. When I'm safe to fly, we'll be heading out there to thin his hog population a little. Really exicted about that.
post #3348 of 41962 Old 01-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It looks like Sunday will have 4-5 jeeps! Ysb, if your trip to Texas has enough notice, and you want company, I would love to bring my AR, 308, and a 44mag to help...reduce populations!

The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!

post #3349 of 41962 Old 01-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Doc, just for an experiment, got to your local auto parts store and ask for an electric choke thermostat for any year slant six with a Holley 2bbl. I found one in a wrecking yard by pure luck. Also, mmckeig, where's yojik? Haven't seen him here for a while. Ysb is right, I think, depending on what your rig is for, super/turbo would be better benefit than an 8. At least for mudding and running dunes! Rock crawling, you'd be better off with a good low end cam swap for the low end torque! Most 8s have a higher rpm power range unless you really cam it down to 1500-2000rpm, but your gas mileage falls off too(better have gas cans) my I-6 makes plenty of power for anything I've thrown at it so far. Don't really see a reason for more power(I really can't believe I just said that, but it's true. Im not racing!)

The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
post #3350 of 41962 Old 01-13-2012, 05:23 PM
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
A friend in Texas sent me a bunch of wild hog jerky. Jerky isn't cooked, right? My immune system is low at the moment and I'm concerned about eating uncooked meat.

This same friend owns a bunch of acres ot there. When I'm safe to fly, we'll be heading out there to thin his hog population a little. Really exicted about that.
I would just go by something like this
Quote:
Illnesses due to Salmonella and E. coli O157:H7 from homemade jerky raise questions about the safety of traditional drying methods for making beef and venison jerky. The USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline's current recommendation for making jerky safely is to heat meat to 160 F and poultry to 165 F before the dehydrating process. This step assures that any bacteria present will be destroyed by wet heat. But most dehydrator instructions do not include this step, and a dehydrator may not reach temperatures high enough to heat meat to 160 F or 165 F.

After heating to 160 F or 165 F, maintaining a constant dehydrator temperature of 130 to 140 F during the drying process is important because:

the process must be fast enough to dry food before it spoils; and
it must remove enough water that microorganisms are unable to grow.
post #3351 of 41962 Old 01-13-2012, 05:32 PM
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
how about gains that matter, like low end torque?

Its just crazy to me how much stuff for new cars cost. I could build a NASTY engine on a 360, or 401, for the wagoneer for WAY less than the cost of just that supercharge before installation. Or do a bad arse tuned up diesel swap too.

I hated how much it cost to do even a basic repair on my magnum. Modern cars are spendy.
You will get around 100 ft lbs of torque as well and it will make it at a lower RPM like around 2000. I would never buy one. I like NA motors more.
post #3352 of 41962 Old 01-13-2012, 05:43 PM
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Also, mmckeig, where's yojik? Haven't seen him here for a while.
I'm not sure I was back East for the past month. His Jeep is still in the parking garage, so I know he didn't move. haha
post #3353 of 41962 Old 01-13-2012, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Marn
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Also, mmckeig, where's yojik?
I was definitely at Frankies Tiki Room with him and his wife and my girl on Wednesday. He's alive and well.

However he thinks he popped the gears in the front of his jeep, was taking a corner and PING. now it clicks and grinds and pops whenever his front wheels are turned.

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
----- The Camper Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3354 of 41962 Old 01-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Unless he was in 4wd, it's more likely it's the rear spider gears. Mine did the exact same thing...twice! Does it lurch under locked turns? Mine did. Feels like the axles are moving laterally. It's a $1000 repair at most shops. If mine does it again, it will be out of warranty and I'll upgrade to a G2 assy!

post #3355 of 41962 Old 01-13-2012, 07:19 PM
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Don't really see a reason for more power...
Man down! Man Down!
post #3356 of 41962 Old 01-13-2012, 07:30 PM
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Ysb, if your trip to Texas has enough notice, and you want company, I would love to bring my AR, 308, and a 44mag to help...reduce populations!
He has plenty of land out there. I think it's several hundred or several thousand acres. I'm almost certain it's thousands.

I've only flown to his property, so I don't know how far the drive is. It's west of Waco somewhere. He's the same guy that flw into the airport in Henderson that Saturday we all met up.

I could ask for a future date.
post #3357 of 41962 Old 01-13-2012, 07:36 PM
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'd love to shoot a wild hog! That would be the best vacation ever.
post #3358 of 41962 Old 01-13-2012, 07:57 PM
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Everyone that I've ever talked to about wild hogs says, rifles are fine, even big calibers, but if you miss or don't kill it with the first shot, 44mag is the smallest thing you should be carrying for a pistol. They also say its gonna super piss them off, and you better get the rifle slung and the pistol aimed and fired quick because they are nothing short of viscious!

post #3359 of 41962 Old 01-13-2012, 08:01 PM
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

I grew up hunting pigs in California I've shot will over 100 and have never had one attack back. The people that go after them with dogs and knives are the ones that get hurt.

You dont buy it you build it!!
post #3360 of 41962 Old 01-13-2012, 08:02 PM
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Supposedly, they can take 223 to the head and it doesn't faze them. Skull is so thick that the bullets just ricochet! Guy I used to know Said he was hunting them with a 30-06 and a 357. His rifle shot winged it, it charged, he ran, jumped behind a tree and shot it in the forehead with 357 just above the snout. He said the bullet rode the skull and came out between the ears. Really really pissed it off and his buddy 44d it right behind the eyes on the side and dropped it. Could be bs, but I'll err on caution!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.