Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2236 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #33526
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Right? 9 year old daughter......
That is terrible. I really hope she has some family close to help.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 02:30 PM   #33527
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24...oe-high-school

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 02:31 PM   #33528
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Ricky:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...226584196.html

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #33529
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing creepy about this at all! AAAnd he has a rope!

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013...6710875-11.jpg
Unread 12-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #33530
sirhk100

Sucks to hear Marn!

On a side note... I've gotta make my annual gripe!!! I effing HATE that if you get a bonus check that the gov takes taxes on it!!! Fine, take taxes from my annual pay, that's fine, whatever... But I didn't see the fed gov doing anything this year to go above and beyond what they are required to do and deserving of a bonus via my tax! Yes, I'm sure it looks like I screw around all day on here but believe it or not, I actually do get some decent work done here. Enough that they gave me the max amount of bonus they're giving this year and max pay raise. Sweet!!! Thank you!!! I'm stoked, timing couldn't be any better with my purchase 3 days ago but seriously, I'm the one that put out the effort doing jobs not remotely within my job description and going out of my way to deal with stuff not required of me to earn the bonus and increase. So here's my annual BIG F-U to the US gov for taking their share of my bonus that I EARNED!

The end...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #33531
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Sucks to hear Marn!

On a side note... I've gotta make my annual gripe!!! I effing HATE that if you get a bonus check that the gov takes taxes on it!!! Fine, take taxes from my annual pay, that's fine, whatever... But I didn't see the fed gov doing anything this year to go above and beyond what they are required to do and deserving of a bonus via my tax! Yes, I'm sure it looks like I screw around all day on here but believe it or not, I actually do get some decent work done here. Enough that they gave me the max amount of bonus they're giving this year and max pay raise. Sweet!!! Thank you!!! I'm stoked, timing couldn't be any better with my purchase 3 days ago but seriously, I'm the one that put out the effort doing jobs not remotely within my job description and going out of my way to deal with stuff not required of me to earn the bonus and increase. So here's my annual BIG F-U to the US gov for taking their share of my bonus that I EARNED!

The end...

I think it depends on how your business reports it. If its a bonus or something else, I dunno, but if it counts as regular income then I believe they tax it as such.

I dunno. at least it;s not a membership to the jam of the month club, huh?

Last 3 years my bonuses have consisted of 2 $50 visa gift cards and a $100 visa gift card. A bonus is just that, a bonus, so I dont hold any expectation for one and gladly accept whatever is offered. However, being a tiny and young company we were not financially stable enough to provide any substantial bonuses. This year, however, we may be. That will be a nice treat.

But yeah, i see what you're saying, thats a good point. what extra did they do to earn part of your bonus? Well, they've set up this wonderful health care system, thats deserving of your money right?

Unread 12-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #33532
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

My bonus went from being an extra paycheck to a Carmel Apple, not kidding.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #33533
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post

There are a lot of local clubs, some of the most popular are Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers, Nevada Backroaders and Total Karnage.

That being said the one I prefer is a relatively newer club (by comparison) WarMachines702.com; there are no meetings, no dues, no hierarchy, and no drama. Plus they wheel almost as much as they talk about it! I know they have a run scheduled tomorrow and another scheduled on the 21st. I would definitely recommend the one on the 21st (if you have to decide between the two) as it is slated as being the club "Christmas run" so more folks will show up and you will get a better idea of who is who.
Awesome thanks!!! I am gonna check them out and hopefully be on the trail the 21st!
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 03:34 PM   #33534
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
That sucks.

Interesting side note, my boss has said a handful of times that within the next few years his goal, as in he eagerly wants to be in the position to do it, is to issue 5 figure bonus checks.

I cant complain about that.

Unread 12-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #33535
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
At my first job they went from giving out 2k checks to each person one lotto quick pick each. And this was after they said it was one of the best years.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #33536
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I think it depends on how your business reports it. If its a bonus or something else, I dunno, but if it counts as regular income then I believe they tax it as such.
Every bonus that I've ever had that involved a check from my employer has been taxed which sucks, we all agree on that right? Well, my bonus pre-tax is almost a month's salary. I can't complain about it one stinking bit and trust me, I beyond appreciate it! They treat me great here! My complaint is that the tax that's taken out of say you're monthly salary is probably a decent chunk. I earned that bonus, the fed gov didn't that's for damn sure! At least let me keep 100% of my damn bonus! But nope, it's looked at as income so by by that percentage of it.

Not complaining one bit about getting a bonus or my employer, solely complaining that I put in the extra effort to go above and beyond my R&D expectations to earn it, not the gov. LOL I didn't see them out in production fixing the welders, up on the roof fixing a water pump in a swamp cooler, machinging custom tooling for production, learning how to make transfer print pad patterns for production, etc... But that's cool, I'll hand over a pretty substantial amount of my bonus check. No biggie... LOL

Unread 12-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #33537
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Nothing creepy about this at all! AAAnd he has a rope!

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013...6710875-11.jpg
Aaaaand it's July.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:03 PM   #33538
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
A bonus is just that, a bonus, so I dont hold any expectation for one and gladly accept whatever is offered.
This.

But it still sucks that I do everything to EARN the bonus (whether its paid or not is a different story) and the gubmint that did squat gets 30%
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 04:19 PM   #33539
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
This.

But it still sucks that I do everything to EARN the bonus (whether its paid or not is a different story) and the gubmint that did squat gets 30%
My complaint 100% exactly!

Unread 12-13-2013, 04:34 PM   #33540
sirhk100

Hey Merrick, look what I just stumbled on pictures of...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.