Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2235 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 12-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #33511
sirhk100

The front foot or so of the frame where the factory crush zone is gone and at the back it's cut off pretty much right at the back of the cab. Kinda hard to see but here's the actual truck in it's former life. If you look closely at this picture behind the grill under the core support you can see the factory ripple in the frame which is the crush zone built into the frame rails. That's all be cut off and capped. Actually if you look closely at the picture you can also see it had a full frame rail to the back bumper but had a notch for the axle up travel, that's all gone now.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #33512
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Very cool.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 09:59 AM   #33513
sirhk100

You know the funny part, that top picture really isn't that impressive... Marn has the same picture of his wagon doing it!!! LOL

But... This is a friend's truck that I know from High School... This truck I have by the books is every bit as built and actually with better parts and components and better shocks. And this wasn't a one time hit, he did this quite a few times! LOL

Its' funny cause the picture looks rad yet the video, doesn't look like anything special.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Solidworks is the cad system I use at work. It's an amazing program and does awesome things!!! One MAJOR issue though, I'll be drawing a part and it has this capability where it'll show you a preview of what you're trying to do before you hit the checkmark button to accept it. This happens a TON!!! The preview will be PERFECT!!! It's EXACTLY what I want!!! Hit the checkmark to accept it and it throws some error saying it can't do that for whatever reason!!! WTF???!!!! You can show me exactly what I'm trying to do and what I want you to do but then you tell me you can't do it? Oh is this what you're looking for? That's nice, too bad... I don't have that! LOL Stupid effing program! LOL

Unread 12-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #33514
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post
So now that we are all settled in and the jeep is good to go I'm ready to join a club and hit up some trails... Anyone have any recomendations???
There are a lot of local clubs, some of the most popular are Vegas Valley 4 Wheelers, Nevada Backroaders and Total Karnage.

That being said the one I prefer is a relatively newer club (by comparison) WarMachines702.com; there are no meetings, no dues, no hierarchy, and no drama. Plus they wheel almost as much as they talk about it! I know they have a run scheduled tomorrow and another scheduled on the 21st. I would definitely recommend the one on the 21st (if you have to decide between the two) as it is slated as being the club "Christmas run" so more folks will show up and you will get a better idea of who is who.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #33515
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Im in Warmachines702 too. Great group of guys.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #33516
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
You know the funny part, that top picture really isn't that impressive... Marn has the same picture of his wagon doing it!!! LOL

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #33517
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Life is precious and can be taken away at any minute guys.

don't take it for granted, and just make sure you let your loved ones know they are loved whenever you get the chance.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #33518
sirhk100

I love you Cody!

Unread 12-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #33519
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Lost a friend/coworker today, not super close friends, but we've been to her house for dinner and I've seen her every week for a few years.

She found out she had some health issues about a week ago.

Unread 12-13-2013, 01:43 PM   #33520
ElSid

Recommendation please: keep my 4 speed or look for a T-5? Will be offroaded, just not Rubicon or jumps like the truck above.
Decidung to forego the registration and tear it down to the frame. Thinking of setting up a build page to document everything over the next few yrs. I want to keep it streetable as a DD. Instead of bombarding this forum, feel frer to pm me

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
ElSid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #33521
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

make a thread in the build thread section, thats what its there for.

Unread 12-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #33522
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Lost a friend/coworker today, not super close friends, but we've been to her house for dinner and I've seen her every week for a few years.

She found out she had some health issues about a week ago.
Sorry to hear it man, my condolences.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #33523
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Sorry to hear especially right before the holidays.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #33524
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElSid
Recommendation please: keep my 4 speed or look for a T-5? Will be offroaded, just not Rubicon or jumps like the truck above. Decidung to forego the registration and tear it down to the frame. Thinking of setting up a build page to document everything over the next few yrs. I want to keep it streetable as a DD. Instead of bombarding this forum, feel frer to pm me Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Which 4 speed? It's always been my experience that I don't like to swap major components unless I have to.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #33525
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Sorry to hear especially right before the holidays.
Right?

9 year old daughter......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.