Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2233 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 12-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #33481
JPrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
This truck "should" make the race truck seem REALLY rough, which it is, and REALLY slow. No offense if you see this Jason... LOL
None taken. If your 4 linked 400+HP truck doesn't crush every part of my leaf sprung, stock 3.4L truck something is terribly wrong!

JPrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 01:57 PM   #33482
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
I'd kinda built myself into a corner with my toyota. Even with the couple upgrades I was doing to the front end it still would likely never be what I wanted. The upgrades would've made it fairly bullet proof but if I ever wanted to step up with the suspension to get it to where it could be, I'd basically have to cut out the whole front half of the truck and rebuild it from scratch. Along the way I'd also have to change over to a different brake setup. To step up in the shocks, brakes, and all the fab work would've probably put me out of pocket about $3-4K plus the upgrades I was currently in the process of when it sold. At that point, the suspension would've been pretty legit but it still would've just been sitting with a stock V6 motor. Money wise though, it would put me at basically right where this truck is at.

This truck is built much more quality then mine was. This truck, once I get them, comes with shocks that are MUCH better then what I would've ever bought for my yota. this truck has a brand new motor that happens to be a V8 with the race built trans. Fit and finish on this truck is better.

On top of that stuff... After building Jason's truck I honestly lost interest in my truck. My truck kinda depressed me a little bit because it wasn't representative of what I was capable of building. On top of that... I've somewhat sarcastically joked for probably 10 years now but it's always had an underlying truth to it... Whenever I was asked what I would build as my dream truck for this kind of offroading my answer has always been, "Extended cab square body style F150 with equal length beams and links, coilovers and bypass all around, built 9" in the rear but Chevy drivetrain". This truck is EVERYTHING in that statement except for the extended cab part. And the funny thing is, whenever I said that line, I also just assumed the chevy drivetrain would be some 100K mile used stuff, not brand new with a race built trans that has a billet torque convertor and billet tailcone. LOL

My truck I bet at it's best ever with the upgrades I was working on when I sold it, if I'd finished those and worked on the shock valving of what I had on it wide open on the edge of control would probably be about 75% of what this thing should be when I'm cruising with a coffee in hand and one hand on the wheel.

Someday I'll have to take you out in the race truck and this truck when it's finished and you'll see the major difference in it. This truck "should" make the race truck seem REALLY rough, which it is, and REALLY slow. No offense if you see this Jason... LOL
gotcha, that makes sense.

Bigger, better, in every way shape and form.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #33483
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
gotcha, that makes sense.

Bigger, better, in every way shape and form.
LOL, exactly but I wasn't sure if that would make sense if I just said "bigger and better in every way." Swing by and see it in person, the pictures honestly don't remotely do this thing justice. In fact honestly, they kinda make it look a little bad in my opinion compared to when you see it in person. Granted, now it's almost all stripped down but...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 03:54 PM   #33484
sirhk100

Puck, here's how to make the front of your goofy unibody hold up to your abuse!!! LOL It's from the rebuild they've got going on that jeepspeed I used to ride in.

Unread 12-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #33485
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrich View Post
None taken. If your 4 linked 400+HP truck doesn't crush every part of my leaf sprung, stock 3.4L truck something is terribly wrong!
We'll be able to prerun in the Cadillac and then get abused on race day! In fact now that I think about it, the LQ9 was basically built for the escalade... Hmmmm cadi symbol!!!! LOL

Unread 12-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #33486
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Puck, here's how to make the front of your goofy unibody hold up to your abuse!!! LOL It's from the rebuild they've got going on that jeepspeed I used to ride in.
Damn, thats awesome!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #33487
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Damn, thats awesome!
could also always try not abusing it, lol.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-12-2013, 04:53 PM   #33488
sirhk100

Quote:
What?

Unread 12-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #33489
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Ok, so what is abuse to you?
(just asking, not trying to sound like an a$$hole)
Unread 12-12-2013, 04:59 PM   #33490
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
What?

Quote:

Unread 12-12-2013, 05:01 PM   #33491
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Ok, so what is abuse to you? (just asking, not trying to sound like an a$$hole)
Putting a light-middleweight in heavyweight classes...
Sort of like having a bobcat fight a mountain lion. Maybe instead of running trails rated 4-5/5, run trails rated at 3-4/5?
I don't like breaking stuff and seeing body damage, but I'm weird like that...lol
Unread 12-12-2013, 05:04 PM   #33492
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Ok, so what is abuse to you?
(just asking, not trying to sound like an a$$hole)
Quote:
noun
noun: abuse; plural noun: abuses
əˈbyo͞os/

the improper use of something.

cruel and violent treatment of a person or animal.

I dunno, lol. I was just making a joke.

I guess I figure if something needs to be redesigned and highly strengthened in order to withstand what is being done to it, then it is being abused in regard to what it's original intended purpose was. Which, in the case of a cherokee, was getting groceries and dropping the kids off at soccer practice! Lol.

Quote:

Unread 12-12-2013, 05:06 PM   #33493
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

But seriously forks, i was saying that insted of adding/reinforcing whatever to make it withstand the way you use it.... you could always take the option to just not use it that way, lol.

Quote:

Unread 12-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #33494
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, i admit i have dinged, dented, and twisted a few body panels, how ever, i do drive very light on the gas and think a head of where i will be going. Ask Matt how many times i stepped on the gas hard to get up and over or around an obstical. Yes i do wheel a lot harder than most guys on here, and there are guys on here that are even more aggressive. I dont mind a dent or scratch, i dont drive to break a part either. I do expect a broken part at some point, but i wont be hammering on it when it does. Thanks for the razing guys, i know i deserve it!
Unread 12-12-2013, 05:25 PM   #33495
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I'm not even making a commentary on how you drive, or suggesting you drive a certain way or anything (I know the joke is puck = skinny pedal).

Khris was all "look you can do this" and I was all "or you can just avoid situations where you'd need that!" haha.

and I'd wheel hard too....but only if there was no risk of scratching my hub caps. Because then i'd be sad.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.