Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2232 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #33466
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
I might know where a 73 Dart is sitting if you would be interested in that? I can contact the owner and see if he still has it.
Sure, if it's a 2 door...thanks

Unread 12-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #33467
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Just throwing this out...I am looking for a complete(doesn't have to run,) 1971 Dodge Demon with a straight, clean body. Can be any engine or no engine, just needs to have no other major components missing, no rust holes, no body damage(bad paint ok, but steel must be straight.) Obviously, the cheaper the better. I would prefer it to not be anything special like a rally or 340 car, because it won't remain stock.
If anyone sees one or knows of one, please hit me up. All of us are usually out and about in different places, and can usually spot near stuff. Only other considerations would be a 71 Plymouth Duster, or a 69 or 70 Dodge coronet 2 door. I know they're scarce, but they're out there and for relatively decent prices.

Power, I don't know the name of the place but you may be able to go to the street view and find a name on a billboard or something but hit up this lot here, we drove by it on sunday and it was full of mullethead cars like that!

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=victo...,1.64,,0,13.11

Or what about that lot on boulder down near the lowes where it turns into freemont street? they're always full of those cars. Maybe they'd have a lead...

Or on the way to kingman on the west side of the highway there's that property with acres of old cars like that... Contact them too maybe? This guy...

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=victo...ornia&t=h&z=19

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #33468
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks. That place by lowes has some cool stuff, but it's all made of gold with platinum accents! Rofl.
I like that, mullethead! Roflmao!
Unread 12-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #33469
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

There's a demon looking thing at the lot on the corner of boulder and Missouri, the one with the pink caddy that has been there for like. 8 years, but its got a tweaked fender. It might be a dart tho

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #33470
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

So we went to get the stuff out of the truck today. We were gonna swap the rims and tires but bumper took chunks out of both front tires so those stayed. And I found the frame bent really bad behind the driver front control arms. Wanted to buy it back but I have a feeling the transmission and or engine may have a crack in it from the hit and flex to the frame but we got our system out and should be getting a nice check soon. It sucks though the truck was soooo clean and only had the rear main issue. :/
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #33471
sirhk100

Well back to the garage grind! LOL, only this time it's for myself. While I can't spend money on the hooptie, I can at least tear it down, get it cleaned up and reassemble it so that I know everything it tight and ready to go. From what I did last night I can definitely justify that's a good idea too... No surprises, just a couple loose items that if I wasn't doing this I would've found out one way or another were loose. LOL

Here's the jungle gym without all the aluminum panels on.

On stands with the solid struts off drooped out to the floor, not sure how much travel it'll be getting in the rear. Won't know till I get my hands on the shocks... It's capable of a ton that's for sure! It's a true 4 link also as you can see.

The coolers off the rear.

cab is stripped bare. Gonna have to do a little work in here since I want to relocate the pedals and push them back a bit further to gain a bit of leg room. Andy could drive it perfect how it's setup right now!

Couple more generic interior cage work shots.

Pulled the panels off the front also cause I wanted to check the spark plugs...

Didn't take a picture but either he cleaned underneath the valve cover right where you put the oil in and happened to have a brand new plug in the cylinder that I pulled... Or... It's really a brand new motor like he said.

Not sure if there's really any interest in this stuff on here or not. If not, I won't post more but if there is, I'll continue to occasionally post updates as I move along.

Unread 12-12-2013, 09:48 AM   #33472
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Please keep us updated! That truck looks like its going to be bad ***!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #33473
sirhk100

Well for comparison, it "should" be MUCH faster then the yota I just sold and MUCH faster then the race truck too. Smoother then both as well. Someday down the road when I get the shocks, that's when it'll really start looking legit. LOL, funny how the shocks add so much to a truck towards looking finished.

Unread 12-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #33474
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Khris,

I don't mean this in a rude or sarcastic way, I'm actually legitimately asking because i dont know much about this stuff.

What makes this truck special or different or better that you were excited to get rid of the toyota for it? Is it just bild quality or style of build or capability or what?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 11:23 AM   #33475
sirhk100

I'd kinda built myself into a corner with my toyota. Even with the couple upgrades I was doing to the front end it still would likely never be what I wanted. The upgrades would've made it fairly bullet proof but if I ever wanted to step up with the suspension to get it to where it could be, I'd basically have to cut out the whole front half of the truck and rebuild it from scratch. Along the way I'd also have to change over to a different brake setup. To step up in the shocks, brakes, and all the fab work would've probably put me out of pocket about $3-4K plus the upgrades I was currently in the process of when it sold. At that point, the suspension would've been pretty legit but it still would've just been sitting with a stock V6 motor. Money wise though, it would put me at basically right where this truck is at.

This truck is built much more quality then mine was. This truck, once I get them, comes with shocks that are MUCH better then what I would've ever bought for my yota. this truck has a brand new motor that happens to be a V8 with the race built trans. Fit and finish on this truck is better.

On top of that stuff... After building Jason's truck I honestly lost interest in my truck. My truck kinda depressed me a little bit because it wasn't representative of what I was capable of building. On top of that... I've somewhat sarcastically joked for probably 10 years now but it's always had an underlying truth to it... Whenever I was asked what I would build as my dream truck for this kind of offroading my answer has always been, "Extended cab square body style F150 with equal length beams and links, coilovers and bypass all around, built 9" in the rear but Chevy drivetrain". This truck is EVERYTHING in that statement except for the extended cab part. And the funny thing is, whenever I said that line, I also just assumed the chevy drivetrain would be some 100K mile used stuff, not brand new with a race built trans that has a billet torque convertor and billet tailcone. LOL

My truck I bet at it's best ever with the upgrades I was working on when I sold it, if I'd finished those and worked on the shock valving of what I had on it wide open on the edge of control would probably be about 75% of what this thing should be when I'm cruising with a coffee in hand and one hand on the wheel.

Someday I'll have to take you out in the race truck and this truck when it's finished and you'll see the major difference in it. This truck "should" make the race truck seem REALLY rough, which it is, and REALLY slow. No offense if you see this Jason... LOL

Unread 12-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #33476
sirhk100

Oh btw... Got a text from the dude that bought my truck. He's having to move to Chicago in 2 weeks for his job and is putting my truck up for sale! LOL

Unread 12-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #33477
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Oh btw... Got a text from the dude that bought my truck. He's having to move to Chicago in 2 weeks for his job and is putting my truck up for sale! LOL
Sucks for him, Did you tell him that you would buy it back for half price?
Unread 12-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #33478
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
From San Diego to Chicago....id find a new job
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 12:42 PM   #33479
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Sucks for him, Did you tell him that you would buy it back for half price?
I don't want it back for free... I've moved on...

Unread 12-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #33480
JPrich

Quote:
This truck "should" make the race truck seem REALLY rough, which it is, and REALLY slow. No offense if you see this Jason... LOL
None taken. If your 4 linked 400+HP truck doesn't crush every part of my leaf sprung, stock 3.4L truck something is terribly wrong!
JPrich is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.