Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2231 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 12-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #33451
JPrich

Puck, the London gig is actually an assignment versus a deployment so it's a 3 year deal. Could go a bit longer though because the end of my three years here will put me with less than a year to go to retire so I could end up staying here those last 8 months or whatever. Due to be done in London in April 16, retirement date of Feb 17.

Khris, I'm not suggesting we swap motors. I just need yours to measure and figure out what needs to happen to stuff an LQ9 in the Duece. You know, hypothetically.

JPrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #33452
sirhk100

So... You're saying Feb '17 I should probably line up an engine hoist? LOL

Funny part is it almost looks narrower then your 3.4 but I've gotta feeling it's cause the F150 is so wide! Put it this way, thoughts of a ice chest between the seats has already crossed my mind!!! LOL I'm talking like a full size ice chest!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #33453
JPrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Yeah that seems about right!
JPrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 09:58 AM   #33454
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Funny part is it almost looks narrower then your 3.4 but I've gotta feeling it's cause the F150 is so wide! Put it this way, thoughts of a ice chest between the seats has already crossed my mind!!! LOL I'm talking like a full size ice chest!
Sorry, not relevant to your post lol, but it made me run out and check something. My LS2 is 5" shorter than the 4.0 (bellhousing surface to front of crank pulley), and with the new oil pan, the rear sump from mounting surface to lowest point is 5.5".......the stock 4.0 pan is almost 9.5". So basically I am excited to find that my fears are over of the pan getting in the way of my big front diff on full bump!!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #33455
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Terry's threatening me with a visit sometime this weekend last I heard so...
Hey we aren't attached at the hip you know...well, not fully

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #33456
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

so i found out the buy back on her truck is 950 bucks.....so torn because i know the motor is good (miles are high though) just trying to figure out if i can get enough money with the rest of the crap on the truck to come out even
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #33457
sirhk100

Jprich, there's your engine!!! LOL $950! I don't want it at my house though for 3 years!

Unread 12-11-2013, 10:17 AM   #33458
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Jprich, there's your engine!!! LOL $950! I don't want it at my house though for 3 years!
no i would keep the engine, trans, harness, computer, tires for a build
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #33459
sirhk100

No you wouldn't, you'd sell all of that to Jason for $500. You don't need a V8 powered blender.

Unread 12-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #33460
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206

no i would keep the engine, trans, harness, computer, tires for a build
Tuck nicely into a willys.....

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:33 AM   #33461
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'd buy it back, throw some glass on it, some good leaf's in the rear, something like a Brenthel kit in the front, and some good shocks and go play!!.....and still have streetable truck.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 04:56 PM   #33462
Vegas 4x4
2004 LJ Wrangler 

http://cook.house.gov/media-center/p...ey-off-highway
Vegas 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 04:58 PM   #33463
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just throwing this out...I am looking for a complete(doesn't have to run,) 1971 Dodge Demon with a straight, clean body. Can be any engine or no engine, just needs to have no other major components missing, no rust holes, no body damage(bad paint ok, but steel must be straight.) Obviously, the cheaper the better. I would prefer it to not be anything special like a rally or 340 car, because it won't remain stock.
If anyone sees one or knows of one, please hit me up. All of us are usually out and about in different places, and can usually spot near stuff. Only other considerations would be a 71 Plymouth Duster, or a 69 or 70 Dodge coronet 2 door. I know they're scarce, but they're out there and for relatively decent prices.
Unread 12-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #33464
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Just throwing this out...I am looking for a complete(doesn't have to run,) 1971 Dodge Demon with a straight, clean body. Can be any engine or no engine, just needs to have no other major components missing, no rust holes, no body damage(bad paint ok, but steel must be straight.) Obviously, the cheaper the better. I would prefer it to not be anything special like a rally or 340 car, because it won't remain stock. If anyone sees one or knows of one, please hit me up. All of us are usually out and about in different places, and can usually spot near stuff. Only other considerations would be a 71 Plymouth Duster, or a 69 or 70 Dodge coronet 2 door. I know they're scarce, but they're out there and for relatively decent prices.
I might know where a 73 Dart is sitting if you would be interested in that? I can contact the owner and see if he still has it.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 06:04 PM   #33465
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryN
Awesome! That's the best news I've heard all day
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.