1Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #33376 of Old 12-09-2013, 04:05 PM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I'm ready for pit duty again. I had a crazy good time at the first race!
March and there's a good chance we'll be running double duty with a jeep speed pit crew and their ride also for the next race. Haven't discussed details but the idea has been tossed around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
1 way in the back finish, 1DNF, 1 yard-sale
Ouch! I don't understand rich people at all! LOL


Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #33377 of Old 12-09-2013, 04:16 PM
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
March and there's a good chance we'll be running double duty with a jeep speed pit crew and their ride also for the next race. Haven't discussed details but the idea has been tossed around.



Ouch! I don't understand rich people at all! LOL
Yea, he jumps out of helicopters just to find the best skiing every year too. I guess the rest of the snow we all have access to just isn't good enough

And while the "rich" part helps....sometimes being a GREAT self-promoter to even richer people works wonders too.
Garza is offline  
post #33378 of Old 12-09-2013, 04:20 PM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,061
I've got a friend that heli-skis all over the world on friends dimes. I'm talking Alaska to Chile and Nepal. And he lives in Mammoth which is arguably the best ski resort out of his back door in California. In fact for thanksgiving he LITERALLY borrowed the private jet and pilot to fly from Mammoth down to San Diego for the weekend on their dime. He was told take it anywhere he wants and the only stipulation was it had to be back by monday after thanksgiving cause that's when the owner needed it.

But the part that made me laugh is not having much success in 6100 so they go ahead and step up to the next class? Common sense tells me that maybe I should wait a bit to move up but like I said, rich people make me laugh...

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #33379 of Old 12-09-2013, 04:26 PM
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,286
Hmm, either I need new friends, or you guys better get rich quick
B0nez is offline  
post #33380 of Old 12-09-2013, 04:27 PM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,061
^^^^ LOL Right!!!! That friend I'm talking about is the code enforcement officer for the city of Mammoth, Ca. So it's not like it's his income that's affording the insanity! When we were up there for beerfest this past summer he had friends that were paying the tabs in the bars for our entire group both nights.

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #33381 of Old 12-09-2013, 04:38 PM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,061
Marn, or well crap, most of this thread's users... I found the team you guys should probably be supporting.





Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #33382 of Old 12-09-2013, 04:39 PM
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I've got a friend that heli-skis all over the world on friends dimes. I'm talking Alaska to Chile and Nepal. And he lives in Mammoth which is arguably the best ski resort out of his back door in California. In fact for thanksgiving he LITERALLY borrowed the private jet and pilot to fly from Mammoth down to San Diego for the weekend on their dime. He was told take it anywhere he wants and the only stipulation was it had to be back by monday after thanksgiving cause that's when the owner needed it.

But the part that made me laugh is not having much success in 6100 so they go ahead and step up to the next class? Common sense tells me that maybe I should wait a bit to move up but like I said, rich people make me laugh...
Maybe our friends are friends? LOL, because that's about right on the same stories I hear. My buddy lived in Truckee for like the last 5 years before moving back to TX......and I know one of the "super loaded" dudes who owns the chopper and some of the mountains they ski on, named a peak after my buddy since he was the 1st person to attempt it out of a chopper.

Rich or not, top 10 2nd year in TT with the most budget team in that class, impressive to me especially since he physically built that entire truck and still pays for everything that breaks or needs replacing out of his pocket, not a sponsors!!!! Heck, I buy all his old 40" Toyo front tires after each race as a way to help support the cause. He basically survives by doing custom fab jobs in between races.

And FWIW, If I ever do decide to race Ultra4, I won't be starting in stock or stock mod. All or nothing, but that's just me.
Garza is offline  
post #33383 of Old 12-09-2013, 04:44 PM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
And FWIW, If I ever do decide to race Ultra4, I won't be starting in stock or stock mod. All or nothing, but that's just me.
Definitely just you and not me, if I'm going to pay to play I at least want to play where I have a chance at walking away with some proof of success and I'm grounded enough to know that the upper echelon of racing for me at least, that's not a possibility.

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #33384 of Old 12-09-2013, 05:09 PM
Garza
Vendor
 
Garza's Avatar
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Definitely just you and not me, if I'm going to pay to play I at least want to play where I have a chance at walking away with some proof of success and I'm grounded enough to know that the upper echelon of racing for me at least, that's not a possibility.
I didn't say I would go into it with high expectations! lol. I like the "nothing to lose", "everything to gain" approach.
Garza is offline  
post #33385 of Old 12-09-2013, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 11,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Marn, or well crap, most of this thread's users... I found the team you guys should probably be supporting.




Awesome, I wear their pants like 3 days out of 5.

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline  
post #33386 of Old 12-09-2013, 05:28 PM
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Awesome, I wear their pants like 3 days out of 5.
Eww.. that's kinda personal doncha think?
B0nez is offline  
post #33387 of Old 12-09-2013, 05:59 PM
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,825
Khris, your PM box is full. Couldn't send a reply.

Oh, and I am looking forward to the next race too. I'll help pit for anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline  
post #33388 of Old 12-09-2013, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 11,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Eww.. that's kinda personal doncha think?
Nope.


Ooo, they're even on sale right now!

http://www.lapolicegear.com/basic-op...t-elastic.html

Dang, i already have like 3 pairs still in the wrapper in the closet. I've been waiting until I kill a pair of the first 3 I bought, but they seem invincible. had them for 2 years now.

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline  
post #33389 of Old 12-09-2013, 06:08 PM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Awesome, I wear their pants like 3 days out of 5.
Ah, then that explains how they can afford to race a 2011 raptor also! Not your average run of the mill raptor either, crazy how much of that very expensive ride they likely gutted and threw away!






Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Khris, your PM box is full. Couldn't send a reply.
100% empty now... Tell Marn to up the limit of the PM's you can store to a reasonable number. This page is dumb when it comes to that! LOL

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #33390 of Old 12-09-2013, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 11,157
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Ah, then that explains how they can afford to race a 2011 raptor also! Not your average run of the mill raptor either, crazy how much of that very expensive ride they likely gutted and threw away!








100% empty now... Tell Marn to up the limit of the PM's you can store to a reasonable number. This page is dumb when it comes to that! LOL
Interesting, I can have an unlimited number of PM's, no idea what you're talking about haha

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline  
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
11B-33T
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada Dr. Marneaus Nevada Jeep Forum 1351 Today 02:14 PM
Best Trails in Southern Nevada? davidsonlaw Nevada Jeep Forum 17 04-13-2012 04:00 PM
31st. Annual Hump-N-Bump November 4th - 5th 2011 Logandale Nevada - Outside Las Vegas bonofied suiter Nevada Jeep Forum 0 10-08-2011 01:08 AM
Post runs for Las Vegas Nevada area here. ajeepcreep Nevada Jeep Forum 0 02-05-2009 04:40 PM
May 31 / June 1 - Central California/Nevada High Desert (Mojave->Vegas) DiscoBayJoe Nevada Jeep Forum 7 05-22-2008 03:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome