Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2226 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #33376
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I'm ready for pit duty again. I had a crazy good time at the first race!
March and there's a good chance we'll be running double duty with a jeep speed pit crew and their ride also for the next race. Haven't discussed details but the idea has been tossed around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
1 way in the back finish, 1DNF, 1 yard-sale
Ouch! I don't understand rich people at all! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #33377
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
March and there's a good chance we'll be running double duty with a jeep speed pit crew and their ride also for the next race. Haven't discussed details but the idea has been tossed around.

Ouch! I don't understand rich people at all! LOL
Yea, he jumps out of helicopters just to find the best skiing every year too. I guess the rest of the snow we all have access to just isn't good enough

And while the "rich" part helps....sometimes being a GREAT self-promoter to even richer people works wonders too.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #33378
sirhk100

I've got a friend that heli-skis all over the world on friends dimes. I'm talking Alaska to Chile and Nepal. And he lives in Mammoth which is arguably the best ski resort out of his back door in California. In fact for thanksgiving he LITERALLY borrowed the private jet and pilot to fly from Mammoth down to San Diego for the weekend on their dime. He was told take it anywhere he wants and the only stipulation was it had to be back by monday after thanksgiving cause that's when the owner needed it.

But the part that made me laugh is not having much success in 6100 so they go ahead and step up to the next class? Common sense tells me that maybe I should wait a bit to move up but like I said, rich people make me laugh...

Unread 12-09-2013, 04:26 PM   #33379
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Hmm, either I need new friends, or you guys better get rich quick
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #33380
sirhk100

^^^^ LOL Right!!!! That friend I'm talking about is the code enforcement officer for the city of Mammoth, Ca. So it's not like it's his income that's affording the insanity! When we were up there for beerfest this past summer he had friends that were paying the tabs in the bars for our entire group both nights.

Unread 12-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #33381
sirhk100

Marn, or well crap, most of this thread's users... I found the team you guys should probably be supporting.

Unread 12-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #33382
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've got a friend that heli-skis all over the world on friends dimes. I'm talking Alaska to Chile and Nepal. And he lives in Mammoth which is arguably the best ski resort out of his back door in California. In fact for thanksgiving he LITERALLY borrowed the private jet and pilot to fly from Mammoth down to San Diego for the weekend on their dime. He was told take it anywhere he wants and the only stipulation was it had to be back by monday after thanksgiving cause that's when the owner needed it.

But the part that made me laugh is not having much success in 6100 so they go ahead and step up to the next class? Common sense tells me that maybe I should wait a bit to move up but like I said, rich people make me laugh...
Maybe our friends are friends? LOL, because that's about right on the same stories I hear. My buddy lived in Truckee for like the last 5 years before moving back to TX......and I know one of the "super loaded" dudes who owns the chopper and some of the mountains they ski on, named a peak after my buddy since he was the 1st person to attempt it out of a chopper.

Rich or not, top 10 2nd year in TT with the most budget team in that class, impressive to me especially since he physically built that entire truck and still pays for everything that breaks or needs replacing out of his pocket, not a sponsors!!!! Heck, I buy all his old 40" Toyo front tires after each race as a way to help support the cause. He basically survives by doing custom fab jobs in between races.

And FWIW, If I ever do decide to race Ultra4, I won't be starting in stock or stock mod. All or nothing, but that's just me.
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #33383
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
And FWIW, If I ever do decide to race Ultra4, I won't be starting in stock or stock mod. All or nothing, but that's just me.
Definitely just you and not me, if I'm going to pay to play I at least want to play where I have a chance at walking away with some proof of success and I'm grounded enough to know that the upper echelon of racing for me at least, that's not a possibility.

Unread 12-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #33384
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Definitely just you and not me, if I'm going to pay to play I at least want to play where I have a chance at walking away with some proof of success and I'm grounded enough to know that the upper echelon of racing for me at least, that's not a possibility.
I didn't say I would go into it with high expectations! lol. I like the "nothing to lose", "everything to gain" approach.
Unread 12-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #33385
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Marn, or well crap, most of this thread's users... I found the team you guys should probably be supporting.

Awesome, I wear their pants like 3 days out of 5.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #33386
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Eww.. that's kinda personal doncha think?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #33387
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Khris, your PM box is full. Couldn't send a reply.

Oh, and I am looking forward to the next race too. I'll help pit for anything.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #33388
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Eww.. that's kinda personal doncha think?
Nope.

Ooo, they're even on sale right now!

http://www.lapolicegear.com/basic-op...t-elastic.html

Dang, i already have like 3 pairs still in the wrapper in the closet. I've been waiting until I kill a pair of the first 3 I bought, but they seem invincible. had them for 2 years now.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #33389
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Ah, then that explains how they can afford to race a 2011 raptor also! Not your average run of the mill raptor either, crazy how much of that very expensive ride they likely gutted and threw away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Khris, your PM box is full. Couldn't send a reply.
100% empty now... Tell Marn to up the limit of the PM's you can store to a reasonable number. This page is dumb when it comes to that! LOL

Unread 12-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #33390
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Ah, then that explains how they can afford to race a 2011 raptor also! Not your average run of the mill raptor either, crazy how much of that very expensive ride they likely gutted and threw away!

100% empty now... Tell Marn to up the limit of the PM's you can store to a reasonable number. This page is dumb when it comes to that! LOL
Interesting, I can have an unlimited number of PM's, no idea what you're talking about haha

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.