Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2225 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 12-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #33361
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
aces and ales!

But I pretty much live there, and its kinda far for a lot of people (not that it doesn't take me 40 minutes to get to that stupid hooters, but whatever).

Chicago Brewing Company is good too, over on sahara and ft. apache.
Location doesn't matter, I don't think you could've picked a more "non central" location then that hooters was. That was a bit of the reason I never really went honestly. If I really had nothing better to do I'd show up but honestly, driving 25 minutes for Hooters, ehhhh, I'd typically rather watch TV, pick my nose, build a race truck, something like that...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #33362
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
I'm just ready for you to race anything!!
March 15th... It's not my decision when I do or don't race. I mean I guess I could get my *** back in the gym and start racing dirt bikes again if that's what you mean? Actually speaking of racing... I may need to get that radio back from you sometime this week.

Oh and not only did I pass up hooters this past Sat, I passed up riding shotgun in the truck that won the 1800 class this weekend also. Had a good time with friends though instead!

Unread 12-09-2013, 03:53 PM   #33363
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
March 15th... It's not my decision when I do or don't race. I mean I guess I could get my *** back in the gym and start racing dirt bikes again if that's what you mean? Actually speaking of racing... I may need to get that radio back from you sometime this week.
Sure it is, have race truck...owner 1000's of miles away...I race when I want (Sorry Jason)

I'll get you the radio, thanks!!

We finished 13th Sat....would have been better, but dirt got in carb, shredded a wheel and tire, and also cracked a header that stopped us for about 20min at RM195. Engine never ran right after that, but made it in. Top 10 in TT for the season!!!!!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #33364
sirhk100

Quote:
Sure it is, have race truck...owner 1000's of miles away...I race when I want (Sorry Jason)
I can't afford to race a truck, we all know that... Buy a race truck and I'll race it for you if you want me to race so bad? I already told Jason he can drive the whole Mint if he wants, I don't care about seat time in the race itself... He said he needs me to drive as his ringer though in case we're actually in a race. LOL That's how much racing isn't important to me. LOL Heck, I'm trying to think if I've even been to a race since Jan and I honestly don't remember having even gone to spectate a race this year at all.

Unread 12-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #33365
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Is the carb part of racing in that class or personal preference? I would think fuel injection would be the only way to go for off road racing, but I don't pretend to be an expert.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #33366
sirhk100

In trophy truck, it's purely preference. I can only think of a couple classes that really dictate carb vs. EFI and actually it's not even dictating that. It's more like you HAVE to run an ecotec, or you HAVE to run a crate LS setup supplied by turnkey or you HAVE to run a factory offered option for that specfic vehicle so sometimes that'll dictate it but in TT, anything goes. The jist of the rules in that class is the tires need to have fenders over them, it should sorta look like a truck and the grill needs to match the motor make. Beyond that, it's almost 100% wide open other then general safety requirements.

Unread 12-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #33367
sirhk100

Quote:
We finished 13th Sat....would have been better, but dirt got in carb, shredded a wheel and tire, and also cracked a header that stopped us for about 20min at RM195. Engine never ran right after that, but made it in. Top 10 in TT for the season!!!!!
Have they thought about racing in 6100 instead of TT? Heck of a lot cheaper drivetrain and those trucks are running just a hair off the TT pace and the entry numbers are picking up big time! Not to mention, engine problems should be a thing of the past racing in that class.

Unread 12-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #33368
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I can't afford to race a truck, we all know that... Buy a race truck and I'll race it for you if you want me to race so bad? I already told Jason he can drive the whole Mint if he wants, I don't care about seat time in the race itself... He said he needs me to drive as his ringer though in case we're actually in a race. LOL That's how much racing isn't important to me. LOL Heck, I'm trying to think if I've even been to a race since Jan and I honestly don't remember having even gone to spectate a race this year at all.

I don't care if it's you driving it, I was simply implying I want to see the race truck race......Heck just to be part of the pit team, I would have paid an entry fee and/or fuel.

And I don't get your "not affording to race" logic......you like to go fast in the desert in a truck....whether in a race or not, the outcome is the same. Prep, Press go pedal, Assess, Replace/Rebuild, none of which seems cheap to me.
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #33369
sirhk100

There's a SUBSTANTIAL difference in cost between going out for a day in Jason's truck and racing his truck!

Just to start, Sat's race to enter sportsman... $500...

http://www.bitd.com/images/stories/p...llable_rev.pdf

That may not be much of a difference to you but to me, that's an EXPENSIVE day. And if you think 60 miles screwing around on a sat in Jason's truck vs. 200-300 miles running a race pace doesn't cost any different to prep and recover post race then you're high!

I have zero interest of racing on my dime. I'll work for my entry fee but I can't afford to race. I can afford to go out and play. My financial priorities are in other places that that $500 can do WAY more for me while I still have the same amount of fun with arguably a heck of a lot less work on top of it to just go out and play for a day. ($458 a month for instance would fully fund an annual roth IRA which is about $3.5 million times more important based on historical returns to me then a race) I'll have the truck out on the 21st to play again for instance... Probably won't take the truck out again though after that till March when the race is closer and that'll be to get Jason seat time before he lines up on the starting line. After that race though, I may start taking it out to screw around with a bit more often. We'll see... Even going out to just play isn't cheap when I add up gas to and from for the tow rig plus the full tank I always want to return the borrowed truck with plus the gas for the race truck itself.

Unread 12-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #33370
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Have they thought about racing in 6100 instead of TT? Heck of a lot cheaper drivetrain and those trucks are running just a hair off the TT pace and the entry numbers are picking up big time! Not to mention, engine problems should be a thing of the past racing in that class.
Already raced 6100, 7200, and now TT......I just show up to pit and order/ship parts. I let the ballers ball.

FI was considered, but we found the particles that caused the issues. They came from our fuel tower that day. We were only filtering down to about 60micron, and I'm fairly certain he is going to put in closer to 15-20 which should fix any future problems.
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #33371
sirhk100

How'd they do in 6100? As much as I don't like Zaidenburg who pushed for that class, I do honestly think it's probably the best thing to happen to desert racing as far as new classes go in quite a long time!!!

Unread 12-09-2013, 04:38 PM   #33372
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Gotcha. I know that there are a ton of things that you can do with carbs that make it possible to do just about any kind of driving. It would just seem to me injection especially on an LS would be more cost effective. Whatever works though.
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:48 PM   #33373
sirhk100

Quote:
And I don't get your "not affording to race" logic......you like to go fast in the desert in a truck....whether in a race or not, the outcome is the same. Prep, Press go pedal, Assess, Replace/Rebuild, none of which seems cheap to me.
Oh and last but probably most importantly... I'm just not comfortable racing someone elses truck when they aren't around. I've been around and ridden in enough races to know it's not something I'm comfortable doing unless they're there. For that reason alone, you'll likely never see me race Jason's truck eventhough he's given me the thumbs up to if I wanted to.

The last reply was more of where I come from as if it was actually my own race truck or if I bought it off him or if I ended up with a race level truck of my own somehow.

Unread 12-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #33374
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I'm ready for pit duty again. I had a crazy good time at the first race!
Unread 12-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #33375
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How'd they do in 6100? As much as I don't like Zaidenburg who pushed for that class, I do honestly think it's probably the best thing to happen to desert racing as far as new classes go in quite a long time!!!
1 way in the back finish, 1DNF, 1 yard-sale

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.