Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 221 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 01-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #3301
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Just wait... I'm bringing a black guy on Sunday, should be able to scare him pretty good, or convert him from driving the exploder!
So he can bring the cross right??
Oops wrong forum

Unread 01-12-2012, 11:07 PM   #3302
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

The power of Christ compels you!!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2012, 11:59 PM   #3303
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I was hoping to find a tree...In case I need to winch my jeep out!
Unread 01-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #3304
mr4x4
1995 ZJ 

So you are meeting this Sunday for potato last time I ran that my zj was on 31's the time before it was stock

I was reading what some of you guys are thinking of tie rod tie rod is an easy trail I ran it in my stock f150 years ago and my zj last June with a 2" lift and 31's the dry waterfalls are just options if you want to do them or not there's go around for everything

If you guys are going this Sunday 1/15/12 I don't know if I can go for sure there might be another trail run I'm going on but if I can go where's that Starbucks at on charlston i'll be coming from pahrump
Unread 01-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #3305
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

It's right next to the port of subs and the mcdonalds
Unread 01-13-2012, 09:04 AM   #3306
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I was hoping to find a tree...In case I need to winch my jeep out!
I see lots of people here with winches, but almost all the trails I visit have nothing to anchor winch lines to. Back in Florida, there is always a tree nearby. How do people use them here?

I've seen these before, but they are super expensive for something that will only be used a few times if ever:
http://www.4wheelparts.com/Winches-a...87&t_pl=100322

You guys handy with welders could probably make something that could work just as well.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #3307
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
What's wrong with jews?
I never understood why some hate Jews so much. Most of the ones I know seem to be good people and it's not like there are a bunch of Jews everywhere.
Unread 01-13-2012, 09:09 AM   #3308
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

There's usually a large enough rock nearby if you're alone or in front with limited access. If not, somebody gets around you and you use their jeep as an anchor.

Lesson: Don't wheel alone. If you do, have an "Oh ****, Im in serious ****ing trouble plan."
Unread 01-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #3309
sirhk100

Curious, is anyone going to king of the hammers next month? I've virtually grown up in Johnson Valley yet never been to the race so this will be my first time. Pretty stoked on it!

As far as winching... Usually there's another vehicle involved to anchor off.
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2012, 09:27 AM   #3310
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoberts View Post
Lesson: Don't wheel alone. If you do, have an "Oh ****, Im in serious ****ing trouble plan."
I know we shouldn't, but we almost always go wheeling alone because our time off is Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Here's what we usually do. I'll send my Dad an email with our starting coordinates and a few waypoints that morning or the night before.

We have it worked out that I will contact him by 5PM. If I don't and in case I may forget to call, he'll start calling me around 6PM. If he doesn't hear from me by 8PM, he needs to start a search.

It's a system that seems to work for us, but we've never had to test it yet.
Unread 01-13-2012, 09:30 AM   #3311
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Curious, is anyone going to king of the hammers next month?
I'll watch it on TV, but they mostly show highlight reels. The best stuff condensed into a few minutes is better for my short attention span. I don't know if I would enjoy watching a live event just waiting for the next buggy to pass.
Unread 01-13-2012, 09:44 AM   #3312
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny

I'll watch it on TV, but they mostly show highlight reels. The best stuff condensed into a few minutes is better for my short attention span. I don't know if I would enjoy watching a live event just waiting for the next buggy to pass.
Agreed I got the ADD pretty bad myself. Lol
Unread 01-13-2012, 11:38 AM   #3313
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Saw this 79 j-10 honcho this morning and called the guy, told him i'd have him cash by noon....

he said it was already sold.....

Wait for it....

for $1300.

Interior was PERFECT had a clean looking 360 under the hood, q-track, but needed a new th400 (new, not rebuilt, the front DS let go and broke the hell out of the transmission case). Body was pretty decent, only damage was right there on the front fender and the missing bumper.

Sad. So sad, i pounched on it but just missed it.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #3314
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
For me it's an excuse to ride my dirt bike and blast around in the truck. Socialize with friends having some drinks and camping. ANd there happens to be a race on the Friday where we'll probably stand around and drink most of the day. LOL
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #3315
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Love the old J-trucks. I knew a guy in high school who had a J2000 that was lightly built. I think it's the best looking truck of that era. I hope Jeep builds a modern version of it (one can dream...).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.