Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#4,405 ·
adams1985cj said:
I'm looking for a 22 rifle for my 7 year old son. Ideas comments suggestions?!?!
Find an old bolt action or single shot break action. No semi autos until they can consistently hit soda cans at 50yds. Then mount a scope on said bolt action and repeat at 100yds. With a semi he will spray and pray! Marlin makes a decent bolt action, or of you're loaded, buy a Thompson center encore frame and a 22lr barrel. It's single shot/action and can be configured to any rifle/pistol caliber imaginable and can be either a rifle or pistol. Also don't allow him to use the rifle until he's read owners manual cover to cover and can disassemble and reassemble it for cleaning.

#4,408 ·
You guys don't think 7 is a little young for a firearm? I was thinking maybe a pellet gun to teach him basic safety. Gamo makes some extremely powerful ones. That's how I started. Pellet gun around 9 or 10.

Move up when he shows discipline and can hold a 3.0 grade point average. Dumbarses shouldn't have guns anyway.

#4,410 ·
You guys don't think 7 is a little young for a firearm? I was thinking maybe a pellet gun to teach him basic safety. Gamo makes some extremely powerful ones. That's how I started. Pellet gun around 9 or 10.

Move up when he shows discipline and can hold a 3.0 grade point average. Dumbarses shouldn't have guns anyway.
I was shooting a .22 when I was three, but I was a mature three.

#4,413 ·
Remember the guy up near Elko that fell in a mine while riding. They couldn't get him out an he just laid down there and died. They had to leave him! :(
I remember that. Sucks they had to leave him. He was still breathing, but with the kind of head trauma the cameras saw, he probably wasn't feeling anything when it was over.

The BLM stepped up the mine closures after that. Sucks for me. I've been finding lots of fresh cement covering mines west and north of Goodsprings.

#4,418 ·
Powrjunkey said:
Find an old bolt action or single shot break action. No semi autos until they can consistently hit soda cans at 50yds. Then mount a scope on said bolt action and repeat at 100yds. With a semi he will spray and pray! Marlin makes a decent bolt action, or of you're loaded, buy a Thompson center encore frame and a 22lr barrel. It's single shot/action and can be configured to any rifle/pistol caliber imaginable and can be either a rifle or pistol. Also don't allow him to use the rifle until he's read owners manual cover to cover and can disassemble and reassemble it for cleaning.
This isn't his first. I'm actually wanting to upgrade to a semi auto.

#4,419 ·
Hi guys im back! I broke my phone a few days ago, got a new one so i'm back on teh forum.
What kind of phone did you get? I just picked up the Motorola Atrix and the thing is super fast compared to my old one. It even came with an HDMI cable that I can attach to a HiDef TV. It's the one that you can dock to a laptop and it used the dual core processor from the phone to power it.

All that phone and all I do on it is visit this forum and a few others and play Angry Birds. :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.