Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2204 - JeepForum.com

 5Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #33046 of 41897 Old 11-27-2013, 07:23 PM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,070
Actually I used those two trucks as leverage to talk the F150 down another $2000 today. I then added up retail on just the parts that I know of are on the truck and I'm ballparking it's around $40-44K that he has into the truck as it sits right now plus whatever the trailer is worth.

That white truck has an engine in it that I couldn't afford to keep alive. If someone like me bought that white truck, the smartest thing they could do is sell the motor for pretty big money and dump an LS in it. It's running an oddfire Chevy Nascar motor... I can't afford to play with that level of engine!

I have to wait and see how things go this weekend before I can 100% pull the trigger on this thing...


Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #33047 of 41897 Old 11-27-2013, 08:12 PM
Puck81
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas
Posts: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Actually I used those two trucks as leverage to talk the F150 down another $2000 today. I then added up retail on just the parts that I know of are on the truck and I'm ballparking it's around $40-44K that he has into the truck as it sits right now plus whatever the trailer is worth.

That white truck has an engine in it that I couldn't afford to keep alive. If someone like me bought that white truck, the smartest thing they could do is sell the motor for pretty big money and dump an LS in it. It's running an oddfire Chevy Nascar motor... I can't afford to play with that level of engine!

I have to wait and see how things go this weekend before I can 100% pull the trigger on this thing...
What about the atlas on the Sploder?
Puck81 is offline  
post #33048 of 41897 Old 11-27-2013, 10:45 PM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,070
Not happening anytime soon now. It was either or... $2500 for an atlas or like 8 times that for a truck, can't do both. HA! Maybe 2015.

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #33049 of 41897 Old 11-28-2013, 12:52 AM
Puck81
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas
Posts: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Not happening anytime soon now. It was either or... $2500 for an atlas or like 8 times that for a truck, can't do both. HA! Maybe 2015.
Get the atlas and bomb through the desert with teh Goldie (Sploder). Then buy a pre runner... Just an idea.
Puck81 is offline  
post #33050 of 41897 Old 11-28-2013, 02:02 AM
Powrjunkey
Web Wheeler
 
Powrjunkey's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas
Posts: 4,837
Happy Thanksgiving, bishes!

The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is offline  
post #33051 of 41897 Old 11-28-2013, 08:29 AM
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,321
Happy Thanksgiving ya buncha turkey's I hope you all remembered to set your scale back ten pounds last night
B0nez is offline  
post #33052 of 41897 Old 11-28-2013, 09:20 AM
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,986
Just got my sweats out of the dryer. Time for some eatin.
ksturgio is offline  
post #33053 of 41897 Old 11-28-2013, 10:19 AM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Get the atlas and bomb through the desert with teh Goldie (Sploder). Then buy a pre runner... Just an idea.
The problem with that is I think your definition of bombing through the desert is different then mine cause my explorer definitely won't do that to the extent that I want to.

400hp on the other hand and



should be able to bomb thru the desert once it's done.

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #33054 of 41897 Old 11-28-2013, 10:51 AM
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

The problem with that is I think your definition of bombing through the desert is different then mine cause my explorer definitely won't do that to the extent that I want to.

400hp on the other hand and



should be able to bomb thru the desert once it's done.
What needs to be done to it for it to be ready to go?
Raptor0206 is offline  
post #33055 of 41897 Old 11-28-2013, 12:48 PM
jokerchief462
Registered User
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sin City
Posts: 2,881
Garage
Happy Thanksgiving

Name:  image-3509701482.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  59.1 KB

Sent from underneath my Jeep

89YJ 2.5L TBI, AX-5, NP231 SYE, Ford 8.8, Yukon Grizzly, Tom Woods Shaft, 33" BFG T/As, 4" lift, Warn VR10000s.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline  
post #33056 of 41897 Old 11-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Puck81
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas
Posts: 2,300
The Turkey says " gobble gobble mother****ers"!

Happy Thanksgiving guys!
Puck81 is offline  
post #33057 of 41897 Old 11-28-2013, 01:16 PM
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
The Turkey says " gobble gobble mother****ers"! Happy Thanksgiving guys!
Did you just refer to yourself as a turkey? Haha
MMCKEIG is offline  
post #33058 of 41897 Old 11-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Puck81
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas
Posts: 2,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post

Did you just refer to yourself as a turkey? Haha
You're a dick, but happy thanksgiving any how! Have a geat day.
Puck81 is offline  
post #33059 of 41897 Old 11-28-2013, 02:39 PM
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
What needs to be done to it for it to be ready to go?
Shocks need bolted on, need to buy a front clip and install the fiberglass, wire engine to chassis, plumb the coolers, driveshaft and a full tear down to bare chassis and reassembly.

Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline  
post #33060 of 41897 Old 11-28-2013, 03:02 PM
Syncityj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Henderson
Posts: 459
So I have a spectre air filter on my cold air kit, I was wondering if anyone has seen spectre filter wraps/pre filter what ever you want to call it. I have a k&n filter, but it's filthy, cleaning it hasn't helped and it's a little smaller. K&n makes a wrap but it won't fit the spectre.
Syncityj is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
Trail Run Thread - Southern Nevada Marn Nevada Jeep Forum 1354 05-05-2016 09:43 PM
Best Trails in Southern Nevada? davidsonlaw Nevada Jeep Forum 17 04-13-2012 05:00 PM
31st. Annual Hump-N-Bump November 4th - 5th 2011 Logandale Nevada - Outside Las Vegas bonofied suiter Nevada Jeep Forum 0 10-08-2011 02:08 AM
Post runs for Las Vegas Nevada area here. ajeepcreep Nevada Jeep Forum 0 02-05-2009 05:40 PM
May 31 / June 1 - Central California/Nevada High Desert (Mojave->Vegas) DiscoBayJoe Nevada Jeep Forum 7 05-22-2008 04:16 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome