Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2187 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic HalogFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-20

Unread 11-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #32791
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
It wasn't funny for the workers at the jack in the box at Decatur and vegas, or the BK at trop and pecos, or the mcd's, or at the MGM grand, or at countless other structure fires that originated in the kitchen cooking equipment or electrical! That's not even counting the ones I've personally seen evacuate due to smoke from any number of various electrical appliances in kitchens.
BTW, I never said it was a primary concern.
I watched that jack in the box burn from my work, they were doing some welding or something on the roof before that.

Watch the first 30 seconds or so of this video for kitchen fires

Spaceball is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #32792
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Structure fires are so uncommon, I'm not going to bother replacing the batteries in my smoke and O3 detectors. Electrical shorts and overloads are so uncommon, I'm going to remove the GFIs and breakers from my house and just hard wire everything. Vehicle collisions are so few and far between, I'm going to remove my airbag fuses (actually did this for when I'm driving with car seats up front in the jeep) and stop wearing my seatbelt. Eye injuries are so infrequent, I'm not going to wear my safety glasses when I grind, hammer, or weld stuff.
Get the point? They're extreme examples(some of them,) but however infrequent a potential threat may occur, it's never stupid, funny, or irresponsible to do little things that can keep you and your family safe and alive!
Unread 11-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #32793
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dave, ur still a dyck! Rofl. That was pretty funny though!
Unread 11-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #32794
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Electrical shorts and overloads are so uncommon, I'm going to remove the GFIs and breakers from my house and just hard wire everything.
This is actually a good idea, you never know when you may have to pull a lamp cord to use as an impromptu electrical interrogation device before the wussy cops swoop in to make arrests. Word to the wise though, don't use fluorescent fixtures after the ballast. That causes marks to appear on the perps body and will have the "company" looking for answers and ultimately a black mark on your otherwise flawless performance record.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 07:56 PM   #32795
sirhk100

Quote:
Eye injuries are so infrequent, I'm not going to wear my safety glasses when I grind, hammer, or weld stuff.
Have you been in my garage? welding helmet? what's that? sandals are osha approved metal working gear correct? You paranoid pansy!

Quote:
Haven't seen the macho talk about it here.
Go to ANY article online discussing it... Liberals all say we hate obama and 95% of the rest of the replies are concealed carry dorks hoping they cross paths which makes me laugh cause they'll likely be waking up wondering what happened and where their gun is since they were sleeping on the sidewalk when it got stolen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Khris, its just because a lot of people are like you said, macho badasses. They are stupid and equate carrying a gun to having a bigger dick.
Exactly... Which is why I'm asking... WTF do people really think they're going to do? I mean, unless you're drawing and aiming at every quesionable person that passes by you... STFU about your badazz self and your hip holstered toy imo... The comments on facebook by people and in the articles are hilarious right now. Bunch of rambos out there, no wonder you EDC people have the image you do. LOL

Not specifically speaking about anyone in this thread at all... Purely based on the endless comments everywhere right now.

Giff!!! Hilarious!!!

Power, statisically, show me how many kitchen fires occur annually in vegas vs. the amount of kitchens that exist if you're really that concerned. Curious if it's even .001%... I bet Merrick can get one of his slaves on campus to wrangle up some research info... Let me guess, you watched the great white concert video from 10 years ago recently also? Not gonna lie, at bigger venues, I do tend to hang near doors only cause of that video... But seriously, at dinner???

I really feel my hobbies are way more scary then living day to day life which is part of why these rambo's talk is so funny to me! Hell, one of the two people outside of my family that I truly idolize in life was killed Friday participating in my hobby and he was only 30y/o. I'm not going to change a single thing about how I do what I do thoug. Last I heard, we're all gonna die one day...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #32796
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Still doesn't explain all these macho dudes that think they're going to shoot the dude before they're on the ground out cold... Gun or no gun, being aware of your surroundings is one thing, the gun isn't what's helping you do that. I'm just finding it really funny all the macho talk about this or that...
I'm with you on this one..
1. Incredibly dumb "game"
2. Someone would have to be SERIOUSLY paranoid (i.e. hyper alert ALL THE TIME) to NEVER get blindsided. I don't care how careful you are, unless you completely give up any semblance of a quality of life, you are susceptible to the idiocracy of someone else. I don't care how macho you are or how many guns you have, unless you are said loser with nothing better to do with your life than constantly look over your shoulder and worrying about what's around the next corner.. you are a target.

That being said, yeah.. situational awareness is HUGE. I have a habit of making sure to not allow myself to be put into situations I am not comfortable in, but I am never in complete control of everyone around me. I do like guns.. but as a hobby, not a lifestyle.

Now 'scuze me, me and dmgiff are gonna go bust some caps yo.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #32797
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Glad I'm not the only one that sits facing the door in a restaurant. I also prefer to be farther from the front door, and closer to a side or rear exit! Lol
Funny.. I am the same way as you guys about sitting facing doors, I don't even like being in front of dark windows where others can see me but I cannot see them.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #32798
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

In my world, "EDC" means Electric Daisy Carnival. It has taken me most of the night, off and on, to figure out what I think you guys are talking about... Every Day Carry? I kept thinking about the heater I bring to the Electric Daisy Carnival - A Raven .25 with the serial numbers filed off. It has to be small to be concealed under a Fuschia sequined banana hammock and a purple cape. I carry my extra clips with uranium-tipped rounds on a bandolier under the cape. Just to reiterate; I never leave my sweet crib without bein' all tooled up just in case some of these little punk-*** *****ez wanna try the knockout game with me.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 09:18 PM   #32799
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, that was the last one, I promise. Not even sure which direction I'm heading now.....
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 09:24 PM   #32800
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff
Ok, that was the last one, I promise. Not even sure which direction I'm heading now.....
Trying to decide if it's the gun doing the concealing or if it's being concealed! Rofl. I think it's doing the concealing in your case? Lol
Unread 11-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #32801
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Racist or not racist?!

image-539761273.jpg

Either way, this headline is funny...
Unread 11-20-2013, 10:02 AM   #32802
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Racist or not racist?! Either way, this headline is funny...
I vote just stupid.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 10:12 AM   #32803
sirhk100

Charge your phone soon or else you might miss some news on Bieber watch!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #32804
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone looking for a 5x8 trailer... I don't have room for two trailers.
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #32805
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels
Anyone looking for a 5x8 trailer... I don't have room for two trailers.
Maybe...pics, price?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.