Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2186 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #32776
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Glad I'm not the only one that sits facing the door in a restaurant. I also prefer to be farther from the front door, and closer to a side or rear exit! Lol

Unread 11-19-2013, 05:46 PM   #32777
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You guys must eat at IHOP a lot. I managed restaurants for almost 16 years and never worried about anything happening. Worst I ever had was some guy take the tips out of the tip jar in the take out area.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 05:49 PM   #32778
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
You guys must eat at IHOP a lot. I managed restaurants for almost 16 years and never worried about anything happening. Worst I ever had was some guy take the tips out of the tip jar in the take out area.
It's not even being worried its just wanting to see what's going on around you.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 05:53 PM   #32779
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
It's not even being worried its just wanting to see what's going on around you.
Exactly, and it's not always human threats. If a fire starts in the kitchen, I want to be really close to an exit. Any number of things could happen and being aware of your surroundings increases your ability to deal with any possible problem.
Unread 11-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #32780
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

I don't carry. I have been in big fights. I have never lost. (Its not being "macho" its just pays to be big sometime)
I also feel like I spent some time in prison in a past life lol because I always people watch no matter where I am, looking behind me ect.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 05:56 PM   #32781
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Exactly, and it's not always human threats. If a fire starts in the kitchen, I want to be really close to an exit. Any number of things could happen and being aware of your surroundings increases your ability to deal with any possible problem.
Restaurant kitchen fires are a primary concern for you? Really? Sorry that one is just funny.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:25 PM   #32782
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Haven't seen the macho talk about it here.
That is because for the most part people in this section are better informed than your average internet badass. No gun is going to save you in that instance. And you are correct, studies have shown that a knife wielding attacker can get to you, even if you have already drawn before you can fire, if they are within about 15ft. Most people that I know seem to be better trained and better logical thinkers than the internet badass crowed.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #32783
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Restaurant kitchen fires are a primary concern for you? Really? Sorry that one is just funny.
So the other night, we went to eat at Gordon Biersch which is pretty much my favorite place to eat because the Garlic Fries are epic... anyway, the hostess takes us to the very back right next to the kitchen. Luckily, I had my Desert Eagle .50 with me. I never go out without it. Initially, I was pretty concerned about being so close to the kitchen due to the possibility of a kitchen fire getting out of control, but I knew I was totin' a Roscoe, so I figured I'd probably be ok. Anyway, I was sitting there after about my ninth Hefeweizen with lemon slice and all of a sudden I woke up on the floor with a sore jaw. I pulled my hogleg out of my Miami Vice shoulder holster underneath my pastel sportcoat and just started blazing away. I went through two "clips" before I even realized what happened. It was pretty sick, yo. People were running everywhere and screaming about getting knocked out or something. Anyway, all of a sudden, the kitchen is on fire! Well, the only way out was through the back exit which due to us being seated right next to the kitchen, we were very close to. So in the end, it really worked out being seated so close to the back exit. From now on, I'm pretty sure I will always try to sit near the back exit. I'm not sure if I'm allowed back at Gordon Biersch.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #32784
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
It wasn't funny for the workers at the jack in the box at Decatur and vegas, or the BK at trop and pecos, or the mcd's, or at the MGM grand, or at countless other structure fires that originated in the kitchen cooking equipment or electrical! That's not even counting the ones I've personally seen evacuate due to smoke from any number of various electrical appliances in kitchens.
BTW, I never said it was a primary concern.
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #32785
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff
So the other night, we went to eat at Gordon Biersch which is pretty much my favorite place to eat because the Garlic Fries are epic... anyway, the hostess takes us to the very back right next to the kitchen. Luckily, I had my Desert Eagle .50 with me. I never go out without it. Initially, I was pretty concerned about being so close to the kitchen due to the possibility of a kitchen fire getting out of control, but I knew I was totin' a Roscoe, so I figured I'd probably be ok. Anyway, I was sitting there after about my ninth Hefeweizen with lemon slice and all of a sudden I woke up on the floor with a sore jaw. I pulled my hogleg out of my Miami Vice shoulder holster underneath my pastel sportcoat and just started blazing away. I went through two "clips" before I even realized what happened. It was pretty sick, yo. People were running everywhere and screaming about getting knocked out or something. Anyway, all of a sudden, the kitchen is on fire! Well, the only way out was through the back exit which due to us being seated right next to the kitchen, we were very close to. So in the end, it really worked out being seated so close to the back exit. From now on, I'm pretty sure I will always try to sit near the back exit. I'm not sure if I'm allowed back at Gordon Biersch.
...dyck! Lol
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #32786
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

By the way, have you guys heard about this knockout game thing? I hope one of those sons o' *****es tries that crap with me. Can't wait to see the surprised look on their stupid face when I run back to the Prius and grab my S&W Mp 15. I carry 19 clips with me in 6 thigh rigs with every third round being a tracer. Plus, I have sick Bushnell holographic sight on that sum***** along with a bayonet lug.
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:44 PM   #32787
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff
Awesome!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:45 PM   #32788
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry, I just drank a bunch of coffee and thought it would be funny to go all mall ninja. Hope no one takes anything I said personally. Just trying to be funny. Btw, you guys who don't know what a mall ninja is... google it. It's freakin' hysterical. It will take a couple days to read the entire thread though.
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #32789
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
I must be out of touch, I've never heard of this knockout "game"
You don't have to watch the video to know what kind of kids are doing this but here ya go......

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/...eading-to-d-c/
Spaceball is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #32790
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

That's some funny s*** dmgiff
Spaceball is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.