Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2185 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!

Unread 11-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #32761
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
You are talking about the Rubicon 10th anaversary bumper right? If so, they are ugly as ****.... Just my opinion.
This...X2!

Unread 11-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #32762
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
There is only something small like a 14 or 16 gauge wire running from the battery to the converter. Perhaps I should run something beefier.
I agree I would address all the wires first and see if it helps. If the furnace is running off the converter I would also check to make sure it's big enough for your system and working properly. I consider them to be a wear part in a camper and they fail periodically. When they die people often replace them with the cheapest thing that will work.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #32763
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
I agree I would address all the wires first and see if it helps. If the furnace is running off the converter I would also check to make sure it's big enough for your system and working properly. I consider them to be a wear part in a camper and they fail periodically. When they die people often replace them with the cheapest thing that will work.
ITs actually 12 gauge, but that still may be too small.

When the converter is hooked to 120VAC the furnace works 100%. it blows twice as loud as when it's running on the battery, and it fires. This tells me the converter is doing well, and is converting AC to DC just fine.

When running on Battery power (no shore connection) the blower is about half as loud, and it will not fire the burner. I ASSUME this is because the slower blowing is not enough to trip the sail switch in the furnace, so the gas valve will not allow the burner to ignite.

what I'm trying to figure out is why there is not enough power from the battery.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #32764
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

You may have the voltage but not the amps. Larger input wire maybe??? Make sense to me. Something is causing a resistance either wire capacity (size) or the is a high resistance short in the wiring or connection.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #32765
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I feel like the line that goes in to the converter from the batter (like the pigtail on the converter) is smaller than the 12 gauge running up to it. I'll have to check next time i open it up

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 11-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #32766
sirhk100

Okay, I've gotta make a totally off topic comment really quick. I'm seeing TONS of people commenting on this stupid "knockout game" thing that's hitting the news saying stuff like "oh man, I hope one of these guys crosses my path while I'm concealing"... Really? What makes you think your gun is going to be of any help? These guys are pulling crap that's no different then someone walking up behind you and putting their gun to the back of your head and pulling the trigger. They're completely blind siding people that don't even have a chance to react so tell me how carrying your gun is supposed to help you? Hell, if anything when you're out cold and your shirt has pulled up as you hit the ground and exposed your piece, all it's going to do is give them the opportunity to steal your gun on top of being knocked out and hopefully that's all.

Can one of you EDC people please explain to me how carrying your gun is going to prevent this cause all I can see is that for it to be effective, you need to pretty much have it out every single time you walk past a person for it to be effective. In my opinion, you've got a better chance by having a friend or friends with you then you do carrying a gun cause if you're not solo, you're probably not going to be a target of this idiotic game.

Sorry but I'm just getting a laugh at all these EDC macho badasses that claim their going to get a shot off when they're likely going to be waking up with no clue as to what happened in reality if they cross paths with one of these MF'ers... I'm all for EDC and concealment but can someone please enlighten me on how it's going to help you if one minute you're walking and the next minute you're waking up on the ground?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #32767
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I think you are right on with your logic. If someone blind sides you with a 2x4 it doesn't really matter what you are carrying. I would think a more intelligent response would be. Those d bags won't ever knock me out because I'm cautious.
I carry almost everyday because I work in crappy places. Even days I don't carry I'm fairly aware of what's going on around me. Even more so when I'm out with my wife. I don't carry and think, "oh I've got my gun I'm going to walk towards this group of young guys downtown with my wife."
I think the same goes for the argument people have with carry caliber. I really doubt the guy who is coming at me with a knife is worried whether I'm carrying a .380 or a .45. I think it will more likely be "**** that guy has a gun."
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:35 PM   #32768
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I must be out of touch, I've never heard of this knockout "game"
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:38 PM   #32769
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Oh, it's effed up! It's basically a game where people blindside others in an attempt to knock them out. In many cases, the victim is robbed afterwards. It's essentially a trending mugging!
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #32770
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

And, like sturgio said, it's called being aware of your surroundings and not placing yourself in a situation to become a victim. Responsible people avoid possible conflict rather than confronting it.
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:40 PM   #32771
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Generally, I have a heightened sense of awareness when I carry. I'm aware of everyone and everything around me.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #32772
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Generally, I have a heightened sense of awareness when I carry. I'm aware of everyone and everything around me.
Just not at bass pro shops in the boating section.
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #32773
sirhk100

Still doesn't explain all these macho dudes that think they're going to shoot the dude before they're on the ground out cold... Gun or no gun, being aware of your surroundings is one thing, the gun isn't what's helping you do that. I'm just finding it really funny all the macho talk about this or that...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #32774
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't seen the macho talk about it here. Like you said, there's no gun that's gonna keep you from being knocked out. You have to be perceptive and be aware of your surroundings. It's just ignorance and people getting a god complex because they carry a gun. It's stupid and reckless. Unless one is highly trained, a gun I essentially useless at conversational distances. The aggressor can get their entire attack executed before the defender can even remove the gun from concealment! The point is to not allow a POSSIBLE threat to get that close, and that is achieved by being aware of and avoiding possibly dangerous people and situations.
Unread 11-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #32775
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Still doesn't explain all these macho dudes that think they're going to shoot the dude before they're on the ground out cold... Gun or no gun, being aware of your surroundings is one thing, the gun isn't what's helping you do that. I'm just finding it really funny all the macho talk about this or that...
Khris, its just because a lot of people are like you said, macho badasses. They are stupid and equate carrying a gun to having a bigger dick.

Its all about mindset, i am incredibly cautious and aware (when sober). I am constantly paying attention to who is coming towards be, ahead, behind, and what they are doing, same goes for sitting in a restaurant. I also always face the door.

I'm not paranoid or walking around in some crazy heightened state of tension, but I just pay attention to stuff. Has absolutely nothing to do with having a gun or not. I'm the same way with or without a gun.

Carrying does not make up for a lack of awareness, lol. I'm not gonna go down a dark alley on D street just because I have a heater on my hip.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.