Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2181 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineVisit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #32701
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamlv282

I didn't check it out.
I am actually considering these: http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4151336292.html
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4121035788.html

I am considering selling my 2010 Rubicon and my 2008 Mazda3 together to get some money back towards school and then I would pick myself up a YJ (or a TJ) as a dedicated trail toy and a pickup truck like a Tacoma or something as my daily driver.

I'm not really sure what I should do. The Rubicon was actually my fathers and I inherited the title but I do not want to own two *new* vehicles and I don't want to daily drive the Rubicon. Like all Jeeps, it has held its value tremendously well and I am thinking about selling it before I destroy it on a trail.

People have already told me I'm being a brat for wanting to sell such a nice truck, but I can't justify wheeling a $25k Jeep while I'm still paying my way through school and taking care of my younger brother.

Any advice? Sorry, my thoughts are kind of scattered.
I honestly would never pay what they are asking for in those YJ ads (even the one I linked) and I would definitely not consider a carb'd vehicle to wheel in (yes I know it can be done... been there done that), and I wouldn't touch a 2.5 / 4 cyl YJ or TJ no matter how many cool parts are on it. I understand your trepidation about wheeling the rubicon, but think of it this way..
Why not? There is a reason it holds its value; because it is a great rig and does the job right out of the box. If you take care of it, you can still sell it for a decent amount down the road even if it has been wheeled, havent you seen the jillion JKR ads on CL? Aftermarket support is going to be less and less plentiful for the YJ. You can sufficiently armor up the areas prone to damage wheeling, then just avoid doing stuff that will damage your rig. If you are set on selling and replacing, get a 6 cyl TJ. I didn't mind my first 3 YJ's, but the aftermarket support, better ride, better climate controls, cheaper to lift, etc of the TJ make it a better choice IMO.

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #32702
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I like a VJ that is clean, has a good record, and only needs a few things massaged out a few times a week.
Not sure if typo was YJ or VD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
ONLY thing I miss about jeeps is the removable top. I was the type that would only have the top on maybe a week out of the year total... Other then that, I've got no regrets... Andy!!!! Get a friggen vehicle and bring me an open checkbook to work with! I wanna try something... Check out this hoopty!!! Not only can it do this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luPIa...ature=youtu.be It can also do this... Fricken rear end is working!!!
I check CL, DR, and RD every freaking day.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 09:20 PM   #32703
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

This is how our engagement photos went down today....

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #32704
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
This is how our engagement photos went down today....

Posted from outer space.
That's a nice Mr. Rodgers look you got goin there buddy.

Cool idea though.. Where is that at?
Unread 11-17-2013, 09:48 PM   #32705
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
That's a nice Mr. Rodgers look you got goin there buddy. Cool idea though.. Where is that at?
out near Blue Diamond. There's a lot of aspens

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
Unread 11-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #32706
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

She looks asleep and peaceful. Meanwhile you just look defeated.

But I do agree wearing that sweater will get you banned from living within 500 feet of a school or playground
Unread 11-17-2013, 09:59 PM   #32707
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
She looks asleep and peaceful. Meanwhile you just look defeated. But I do agree wearing that sweater will get you banned from living within 500 feet of a school or playground
Our photographer was talking to us and you couldn't see my face. Don't diss the sweater, they're actually quite comfy.

Here's the result from one of those shots.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #32708
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Our photographer was talking to us and you couldn't see my face. Don't diss the sweater, they're actually quite comfy.

Here's the result from one of those shots.

Posted from outer space.
Hipster
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:05 PM   #32709
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You look all pasty like that ***** version of a vampire story series! You look just about to start shimmering! Rofl
JK, looks good!
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #32710
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I gotta ask, what's with the donuts and what's written on the inside of the lid?
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:27 PM   #32711
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
I gotta ask, what's with the donuts and what's written on the inside of the lid?
We like sweets and we wanted something with our date on it.
image-2309318622.jpg

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
Unread 11-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #32712
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon
Hipster
not wearing skinny jeans though!

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
Unread 11-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #32713
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Wow. Looks like I missed a lot this weekend. Parking lot repairs? Yj's? Engagement photos?

Can I get the spark notes?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #32714
sirhk100

If it makes you feel better Marn, I didn't do much this weekend... Screwed around in the garage a bit friday evening and mid day sat and that really was about it. This week's evenings will be dedicated to giving my Yota a bit of love though along with house cleaning between my yota lovin...

Just saw another updated picture of the prep progress of the jeepspeed i used to ride in though. They've been busy!!! Doing a full frame up prep!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 09:23 AM   #32715
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
If it makes you feel better Marn, I didn't do much this weekend...

Just saw another updated picture of the prep progress of the jeepspeed i used to ride in though. They've been busy!!! Doing a full frame up prep!
Oh I did a ****load of stuff, which is why I missed everything in here.

Went out Friday night, woke up ran the dog 2 miles then picked up the camper on Saturday, started working on it, went shooting, came home and went out sat night.

The. Got up early Sunday and went to do an estimate for a guy I know, went to Home Depot to get a bunch of **** to repair the camper, came home worked on the camper for several hours, then took the dog for a ride to put it back, picked up the ranger, ran the dog another few miles, went grocery shopping, cooked dinner, then went to bed at like 9:30 because I was beat.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.