Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2175 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Reply
Unread 11-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #32611
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,165
I honestly didn't think so either but I was hoping you remembered. LOL So now what if neither of us are sure? 10 paces, turn and draw? High Noooooooooooon?

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #32612
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I honestly didn't think so either but I was hoping you remembered. LOL So now what if neither of us are sure? 10 paces, turn and draw? High Noooooooooooon?
Watch out for Kermit Powr!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #32613
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,638
So I just went and looked at a 48 Willy's MB looks the same as a CJ2A for $850 roller. Comes with title.
I went and looked at it tonight and I think I'm just to damn big for it and I don't want to chop up a MB body.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 07:04 PM   #32614
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

You won't go, I've told you where they're a few... There was one at sema this year.
I went in search of that one this spring and couldn't find it. Even went back a few months later to see if there were any

Then you told me about one a unnamed junk yard that was piled under other card and was inaccessible haha
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #32615
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
So I just went and looked at a 48 Willy's MB looks the same as a CJ2A for $850 roller. Comes with title.
I went and looked at it tonight and I think I'm just to damn big for it and I don't want to chop up a MB body.
One of the reasons I ended up moving away from a CJ5 which was my original goal. My damn knees woulda been under my chin, even a TJ was bad enough
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #32616
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,308
Little shooting with terry today. Got the 5.56 bolt gun hitting consistently out to 700 yards today



image-4279133413.jpg
__________________
Andrew - Landscape architect in training. Not landscaper

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #32617
MMCKEIG
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
One of the reasons I ended up moving away from a CJ5 which was my original goal. My damn knees woulda been under my chin, even a TJ was bad enough
That's because you're a freak! Haha
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #32618
4x4Brit
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Little shooting with terry today. Got the 5.56 bolt gun hitting consistently out to 700 yards today
I like those mats. Do you recall where you got them? Thx
__________________
Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/yellow-lj-rubicon-1304844/
Website: http://www.warmachines702.com/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Warmachines702
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #32619
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,777
This weekend I checked out both pic a parts. Sorry puck only tow hooks I found with brackets were WJ/Zj. I didn't see any FSJ at the lamb location and didn't really look at the boulder highway.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 06:56 PM   #32620
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,638
Anyone have a transmission jack they wouldn't mind letting me use? Gotta do a rear main on my girls truck
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 08:26 PM   #32621
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,165
Henderson to Searchlight in the yota this afternoon/night. Fun stuff!!! Crazy how smooth that thing is over stuff... I did part of the same run yesterday in my exploder and it's just not the cadi that my truck is in the dirt that's for sure!
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #32622
Roobicon
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit View Post
I like those mats. Do you recall where you got them? Thx
ordered them online from Midway USA
__________________
2004 Roobicon
Clinging to my guns and my religion
Roobicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #32623
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,165
Random pictures... I went to the Ford Raptor Roundup on Sat morning which was between Boulder City and Henderson. Afterwards I decided to take the scenic way back into Vegas and ended up snapping a couple static scenery type shots.



The joys of wheeling solo... Gotta get out occasionally to check the trail coming over blind rises where the hood blocks your view. Hence all the random pictures...



Meant to be way more passenger side, this photo was after I'd dropped over the rock a bit, high centered, backed off it, and then decided to jump out and see where the heck I should've been. I'd already gone up this all and had turned around and was heading back down.



I know wheeling solo isn't the best/smartest thing in the world but this area has cell coverage and is at most about a 2-3 mile walk into the nearest neighborhood and city streets for help if needed.





Like I said, I'm going down stuff I'd already gone up... This is going down... LOL Neither of these pictures show the steepness of this and I'm sure a bunch of you know this exact spot! I remember a few years back trying to climb this spot in my old Jeep on 35's with open diffs. Couldn't make it... The expo crawled right up it with ease!



The hill in the back... Like I said, these pictures don't do it justice.




The neat thing was these were all on Sat and then yesterday I ran a couple of the exact same sections in my toyota on the loop from henderson to searchlight that I did. It became very obvious what the pros and cons of my two rides are in comparison to each other that's for sure! LOL
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #32624
Syncityj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Henderson, Nv
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Random pictures... I went to the Ford Raptor Roundup on Sat morning which was between Boulder City and Henderson. Afterwards I decided to take the scenic way back into Vegas and ended up snapping a couple static scenery type shots. The joys of wheeling solo... Gotta get out occasionally to check the trail coming over blind rises where the hood blocks your view. Hence all the random pictures... Meant to be way more passenger side, this photo was after I'd dropped over the rock a bit, high centered, backed off it, and then decided to jump out and see where the heck I should've been. I'd already gone up this all and had turned around and was heading back down. I know wheeling solo isn't the best/smartest thing in the world but this area has cell coverage and is at most about a 2-3 mile walk into the nearest neighborhood and city streets for help if needed. Like I said, I'm going down stuff I'd already gone up... This is going down... LOL Neither of these pictures show the steepness of this and I'm sure a bunch of you know this exact spot! I remember a few years back trying to climb this spot in my old Jeep on 35's with open diffs. Couldn't make it... The expo crawled right up it with ease! The hill in the back... Like I said, these pictures don't do it justice. The neat thing was these were all on Sat and then yesterday I ran a couple of the exact same sections in my toyota on the loop from henderson to searchlight that I did. It became very obvious what the pros and cons of my two rides are in comparison to each other that's for sure! LOL
The raptor round up is where you got to drive the raptors right?
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 09:28 AM   #32625
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,165
Yes
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.