Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2173 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 11-08-2013, 10:03 AM   #32581
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post
Yeah my f250 with a car hauler and jeep... A 26ft uhaul, and an xterra towing a trailer
I feel your pain on the cross country move to Vegas, we did it last year. I was worried about bringing the kids out here but the wife and kids ended up loving Vegas.

matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 10:10 AM   #32582
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah we are just trying to find a place to rent now that the driving is done... Looking in the aliante area.
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #32583
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Yeah we are just trying to find a place to rent now that the driving is done... Looking in the aliante area.
Just moved into a rented house a month ago. We used Zillow to find the place and it seemed like the best website. There are a lot of options in Aliante, it was just too far for us.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 10:50 AM   #32584
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If you have kids I recommend doing some research on the schools you want them in then look for houses in those areas. We used a Realtor we found on craigslist and had them target those areas. It made finding a place much easier and the property owner pays the realtor so they are free for you to use.
Unread 11-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #32585
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Watching this guy get parking lot body work scammed. Totally accepted it and has no idea.

image-700877784.jpg

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
Unread 11-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #32586
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Not that I would trust anyone to do body work in a parkling lot to begin with but I'm not familiar with this scam. How does it work?
Unread 11-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #32587
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
Not that I would trust anyone to do body work in a parkling lot to begin with but I'm not familiar with this scam. How does it work?
Basically they fiddle with it and the second person gets your attention while his "partner" applies some sort of putty or filler over the dent. They tell you to wait 24hrs to take it off....you pay, they leave, you pull off filler next day......dent still there.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #32588
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

LOL!!, really? I was wondering why Jarod was just sitting watching instead of saving the guy. If he's going to believe in magic putty that removes dents I guess he has it coming.
Unread 11-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #32589
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Basically they fiddle with it and the second person gets your attention while his "partner" applies some sort of putty or filler over the dent. They tell you to wait 24hrs to take it off....you pay, they leave, you pull off filler next day......dent still there.
It was a white chalk like stuff this time that was put on in a bunch of scibbles. Dude was putting all of his (fat) body weight into a pry bar on the sheet metal, then pounding it out with an itty bitty hammer like he was "massaging" the dent.

I didn't stop it because the guy will learn his lesson and no be so naive next time.
other stuff
Unread 11-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #32590
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
It was a white chalk like stuff this time that was put on in a bunch of scibbles. Dude was putting all of his (fat) body weight into a pry bar on the sheet metal, then pounding it out with an itty bitty hammer like he was "massaging" the dent.

I didn't stop it because the guy will learn his lesson and no be so naive next time.
Maybe he would have learned and not been so naive had you told him....rather than watch him getting screwed?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 03:55 PM   #32591
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels
Well 2400 miles.. $2332 in fuel and we made it here... Time for a couple cold ones
Ouch! Glad you made it though, welcome to town!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 03:56 PM   #32592
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
LOL!!, really? I was wondering why Jarod was just sitting watching instead of saving the guy. If he's going to believe in magic putty that removes dents I guess he has it coming.
Not everybody is as vehicle savvy as we are, and some people are more trusting. Still dont deserve to get screwed in my opinion.

whatever. I'm just sayin'

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #32593
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Maybe he would have learned and not been so naive had you told him....rather than watch him getting screwed?
I honestly didnt have time to mess with the guy as I was on my lunch break.
other stuff
Unread 11-08-2013, 05:13 PM   #32594
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Right!? Bad karma, homie!
Unread 11-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #32595
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone know off an auxiliary light housing that can be used as an off road light like a KC, but accepts the H4 type bulbs? Have an idea brewing...
Edit: oh, and inexpensive! Lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.