Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 217 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!

Unread 01-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #3241
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
...but it's also naturally occurring.
The pothead says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pothead
...but it's also naturally occurring.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #3242
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I concur!! God help me I they ever truly legalize it. I'll never get drunk again!
Unread 01-11-2012, 04:52 PM   #3243
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone know anything about "tierod canyon?"
Unread 01-11-2012, 05:39 PM   #3244
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Anyone know anything about "tierod canyon?"
Northwest side of town??? (I think). If that's what youre talking about, it gets pretty rough.
Unread 01-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #3245
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Anybody been up Northwest of the Far Hills exit recently? I haven't been up there since 07. I may roll up there to do some light wheeling this weekend (or next week).
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:06 PM   #3246
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've been told tierod canyon is off of blue diamond road somewhere. I think the jks are going Sunday. I've heard it's rough too, but don't know where it's at. The far hills exit- does that lead to "little red rock" I've been trying to find a way to the red rocks up there, but never took the time to really go for it.
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:16 PM   #3247
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
I've been told tierod canyon is off of blue diamond road somewhere.
Here are the coords as listed on dirtopia:

35 56'41.69"N, 115 16'21.32"W

http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Tierod_Canyon
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:23 PM   #3248
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Here are some videos I found on Tierod Canyon. It doesn't look like anything I'll be attempting.

Unread 01-11-2012, 06:37 PM   #3249
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I've been told tierod canyon is off of blue diamond road somewhere. I think the jks are going Sunday. I've heard it's rough too, but don't know where it's at. The far hills exit- does that lead to "little red rock" I've been trying to find a way to the red rocks up there, but never took the time to really go for it.
are you talking about the trails around here 36.200218,-115.390112 ?

If so those are the ones that i went through last weekend. There are quarries blocking access from the central part of town. I went in at the western side of Tropical and went around the mountain. The guards at the quarry were very happy to let me out through the gate, much easier than they would let me in!!
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #3250
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, tierod canyon looks gnarly, altered wheelbase stuff had a...challenging time.
Unread 01-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #3251
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

The road I took to the red rock was north of Charleston and the 215 beltway. Far Hills exit. Go west.
Unread 01-11-2012, 07:47 PM   #3252
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

if i get arsenic poisoning i blame McRoberts. He's the first person to drag me out to the dunes, and that was about 4 years ago.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #3253
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Who all is down for potato ridge on Sunday? Anyone with an extra seat for puck? I may be over thinking it, but I'm gonna have 3 people in the 200lb range in my stock tj, and a little worried about weight and losing a lot of ground clearance. Last time I did the rocks part, I was driving alone an my passenger was sporting. May be ok, just have to kick them out during rough stuff? Opinions? Extra seats? Time/place to meet?
Unread 01-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #3254
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Uh, a stock TJ is okay to make it over potato ridge?

I'm told these days thats its pretty hairy up there.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #3255
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, I made it a year or two ago by picking good lines an a little stacking with only mild scraping. That's why I'm worried about the extra weight. Don't want to break anything. I've heard of stock jkus making it through in the last few months, and I know I have the clearance they do. I'm on 31". Otherwise we need a different spot. I'd hate to get halfway through the rocks and have to go back up, cause its worse going toward red rock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.