Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2156 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #32326
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Seriously. Loaded or unloaded I NEVER NEVER NEVER cover anybody with the muzzle of a gun. Hell I take my guns out and show people after having a few (several) beers and it has never even happened then. That is the number two rule!!!! Never point it at anything you aren't willing to destroy. And number one is ITS ALWAYS LOADED!!! Man people are dumb.

See, the whole reason roobicon shot his counter is because even after he checked to make sure it was empty, he still pointed it in a safe direction to drop he hammer! His eyesight may be in question but at least he didn't muzzle anybody hahah

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 10:54 PM   #32327
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yep people are stupid. I guess you could call it natural selection.

On a sadder note the wife's dog kicked the bucket tonight. We came our let the dogs outfront and when I went to let them in she was laying in the grass. So glad that she stayed alive long enough to see us one last time. I would have really been bummed if she would have died in her cage while I was at work. The kids are handling it good so far, the wife not so much.
Unread 10-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #32328
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bummer, Greg. One of our cats had to be put down last week. The babies are looking for her which makes it worse.
Unread 10-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #32329
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Our cat died a year ago almost, he was only a year old at that time. Saw him 3 hours before playing and eating and then when we were leaving the house we noticed him laying in my dogs kennel dead. Still have no idea what happened to him. My wife was beside herself when we saw him.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 10-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #32330
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

My condolences as well Greg.

It was odd when the rabbit died the other month. He was hopping around when I got home, then when dani got home I went to find him in our room and he was dead under the bed. strange.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #32331
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry for your loss Greg. I dread the day one of our's go, the kids are going to be devastated.

That sucks with the rabbit Andrew. The challenge with small animals is they have no way to communicate they are sick. At least with dogs the often give some kind of indication something isn't right.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #32332
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
That sucks with the rabbit Andrew. The challenge with small animals is they have no way to communicate they are sick. At least with dogs the often give some kind of indication something isn't right.
Meh.

It was hers, not mine. The only thing it accomplished during its time alive was being the one reason we couldnt get a dog.

I mean it was sad and all, but mostly sad because dani was sad....I dug a hole and buried it out in the desert near my chinchilla.

Now we have a dog, life is good.

Quote:

Unread 10-25-2013, 01:52 PM   #32333
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Meh. It was hers, not mine. The only thing it accomplished during its time alive was being the one reason we couldnt get a dog. I mean it was sad and all, but mostly sad because dani was sad....I dug a hole and buried it out in the desert near my chinchilla. Now we have a dog, life is good.
Lol

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #32334
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Something I don't understand is, why it's illegal to shoot your pets when they're suffering rather than having to pay to have them euthanized. One shot to the back of the head and it's done! No pain, no bill for hundreds of dollars.
Unread 10-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #32335
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

P.S. dont say i said that.

Quote:

Unread 10-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #32336
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Something I don't understand is, why it's illegal to shoot your pets when they're suffering rather than having to pay to have them euthanized. One shot to the back of the head and it's done! No pain, no bill for hundreds of dollars.
Because it goes wrong sometimes? Lol.

Ever hear about that story when the family went out and shot their dog somewhere in Utah and it came home a while later?

My buddy's sisters dog was sick and dying (cancer or whatever) and she asked him to take care of it. She gave him her .38spl to do the job, with 3 bullets.

Well 3 bullets later apparently it wasnt quite ready to give up on life. All else he had on him was the shovel...so....well, yeah.

Quote:

Unread 10-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #32337
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Is that a NV thing? in TX/OK that happens all the time. Just reminded me of a story back when I was building my old 4runner. We were at my buddies machine shop. We had to back out the winch truck to move our rigs in. Unfortunately, the old shop mutt was behind the tire and got partially ran over. It was bad enough we knew a vet wasn't an option. He pulled out is .40 and 1 shot, she was out of her misery. I could have never done that to a nice loved dog and I remember the rest of the day was weird for sure!

It's sad I have to carry when I go for a walk with my dogs......I've had to pop a pit-bull once (even bit my leg and it killed my 4mo old Lab), and so now for that one instance I won't think twice about shooting a dog that tries to attack me or my pups!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 02:56 PM   #32338
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post

It's sad I have to carry when I go for a walk with my dogs......I've had to pop a pit-bull once (even bit my leg and it killed my 4mo old Lab), and so now for that one instance I won't think twice about shooting a dog that tries to attack me or my pups!
Same reason I carry (I have not had to shoot a dog tho). When i leave our windows open at night i hear coyotes all night long, plus there are just dogs around as well on our walks.

Another guy on here was saying just recently he popped a pit as well. They were in his driveway working on his jeep (in idaho or somewhere) and dog comes charging, he dropped it about 5' in front of him and his buddy, 1 shot, right in the noggin. It just plopped down into a sitting position like it was a puppet and somebody cut the strings, hovered there for a moment, then fell over. It was from some douchy neighbor delinquent kid that raises them to fight.

Its a shame, not the dogs fault the owner raised it that way.

Quote:

Unread 10-25-2013, 03:19 PM   #32339
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Same reason I carry (I have not had to shoot a dog tho). When i leave our windows open at night i hear coyotes all night long, plus there are just dogs around as well on our walks.

Another guy on here was saying just recently he popped a pit as well. They were in his driveway working on his jeep (in idaho or somewhere) and dog comes charging, he dropped it about 5' in front of him and his buddy, 1 shot, right in the noggin. It just plopped down into a sitting position like it was a puppet and somebody cut the strings, hovered there for a moment, then fell over. It was from some douchy neighbor delinquent kid that raises them to fight.

Its a shame, not the dogs fault the owner raised it that way.
One of the kids on my girls kids foot ball team was atached by a Pit last week and spent a few nights in the hospital. Hes 10 or 11. Pit Bulls are great dogs if bought up right. The problem is the owners want to look like a badass hanging on to the pit while "walking them" with spiked collars so they treat them like ***
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #32340
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
One of the kids on my girls kids foot ball team was atached by a Pit last week and spent a few nights in the hospital. Hes 10 or 11. Pit Bulls are great dogs if bought up right. The problem is the owners want to look like a badass hanging on to the pit while "walking them" with spiked collars so they treat them like ***
Its just ****ed up.

Cruelty to animals is right up there with doing **** to kids in my book. Sickens me, anybody that abuses or neglects an animal.

That being said, Go ahead, let your pitbull bust off its leash and come running at me, i've got 30 rounds of 9mm waiting.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.