Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2155 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 10-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #32311
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
It's a hand held so he can hold it at his elevation. This is a trip for the exploder, not the prerunner or race truck. Granted, after I do it once, I may decide that it would've been better in one of the others but I want 4wd on tap just in case...
Late for lunch because your still posting on here...

Unread 10-24-2013, 02:15 PM   #32312
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Speaking of people coming to bad ends, we've only lived here for a year but somehow we ended up being acquainted with these people.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013/oct/24/coroner-ids-woman-shot-head-henderson/
Blair hung out with the girl that passed away a couple times. One of our friends was over there last night helping to clean up like Samuel L Jackson in Pulp Fiction.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 02:26 PM   #32313
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Yep. I was checking surrounding units of this lady who kept finding maggots in her bathroom. When I walked in I could smell it and there were flies everywhere. Found him on the bathroom floor. He off'd himself. I had to wait for the police and give them my info because I found him. I've seen a couple of dead people but never someone missing the back of their hat rack. One of the cops that showed was puking his guts out.
I'm sorry, i know its not funny at all, but all I could think of was this:

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #32314
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Khris still need a place to put a Dana 44 diff cover? I found this today under my jeep looks like a 44 to me

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #32315
sirhk100

Nope, got that taken care of a long time ago. Those are already on the shelf and in the stores.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #32316
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Khris, how fast you plan on jamming down the trails on that trip?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #32317
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^Yeah, what he said.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #32318
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
That hi lift mount basically says I will never seriously rock crawl this jeep. Otherwise he would have ripped it off a long time ago.
That entire jeep basically says I will never seriously rock crawl this jeep; it looks like 4WP & Quadratec their money outta this guy selling him everything in the catalog.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:27 PM   #32319
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Blair hung out with the girl that passed away a couple times.
How many times did she pass away???
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #32320
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Right!? That's quite a neat trick to know how to do!
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #32321
sirhk100

Anyone that likes the gymkhana videos that ken block does... If you haven't seen the crazy cart one, you must see this! LOL Epic!!!

As for the trails, not sure yet. Planning is still in it's infency right now. Once I get the routes mapped I'll start working on the invite list and then from there work on a date. It's not going to be a wide open flat out run. We're out to have fun and put down the mileage while seeing probably 90% new to everyone on the trip trails, scenery, roads. 4WD isn't going to be needed but having some on the trip to pull out anyone stuck will be nice, obviously that's not a worry with this group but point being, you may never even use 4wd and probably won't think about 4lo at all. I'm not wanting to pound whoops and rocks for 250 miles. Just trying to go explore the deserts. Once I get it further along I'll post up info... Right now the route is from boulder city to about midway down the grade into laughlin 100% on dirt. I've done this whole section, it's nothing a jeep can't handle and reasonable speeds. We'll likely run a few miles of highway into laughlin and cross the river and head towards kingman. Just before starting that super steep climb I've got the route peeling off and heading dirt to oatman, this looks like a mix of fire roads, wash and mining roads from what I can tell. From Oatman it's dirt all the way till we hit I40. We hit I40 right at the exit to head south to Havasu on the Az side. Oatman to there starts mostly washes and then is a pole line road most of the way. From that exit we cross over I40, go past the couple truck stops and hit the dirt again. We run parallel to I40 for a few miles and then peel off on what looks like some cabin access roads and eventually hit a ranch road cutting all the way across the valley behind the mountain range east of Havasu. From there we can hop in a wash that clearly has a 2 track in it and head towards Bill Williams River. I'm still waiting on the exact location of the cabin we want to try and camp at. From that area though we can cut behind and kinda thru the mountains over to the desert bar. Hit the desert bar and then run out to the highway and take it the 5 miles or so south into Parker. I'd rather avoid the dirt around Parker as it's mostly brutal race course stuff. Cross over the river again and into Cali and well... I still need to plan the route back north on the Cali side... But that's the jist. Once it's done I can get the files to anyone that's interested and they can spend some time zoomed in on google earth to scout the trail and see if it looks up to par for their rig. My expo isn't a rocket ship and my goal is to go the distance relatively problem free for all vehicles. Last thing we want is a marathon wrenching session in BFE. That's not fun...

Unread 10-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #32322
sirhk100

LOL, the run won't be anything like this! This is obviously hand held footage shot Sat from the passenger seat of the TPF truck, I'm driving... LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMJgy...ature=youtu.be

Unread 10-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #32323
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
LOL, not well worded. I meant Blair hung out with her a couple times. One of the other roommates was at my house last week.

My thought in all this is what idiot points a gun at someone's head and pulls the trigger even if they think it's empty? Every gun training course and gun owner that trains their children teaches them to treat a gun like it's loaded at all times even if you think it's not. Its mind boggling this could even happen.

Everyone in that circle of friends is freaking out and upset. Blair literally got a call last night asking if she knew how to clean brain mater out of a carpet. All I have to say is my carpet cleaner better not end up over there.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #32324
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

LOL, not well worded. I meant Blair hung out with her a couple times. One of the other roommates was at my house last week.

My thought in all this is what idiot points a gun at someone's head and pulls the trigger even if they think it's empty? Every gun training course and gun owner that trains their children teaches them to treat a gun like it's loaded at all times even if you think it's not. Its mind boggling this could even happen.

Everyone in that circle of friends is freaking out and upset. Blair literally got a call last night asking if she knew how to clean brain mater out of a carpet. All I have to say is my carpet cleaner better not end up over there.
Idiots, that's who.

My parents sent me an article from the news back in NH just recently where a guy shot his wife through both legs because the were arguing about if the gun was loaded or not. Apparently he was so sure that he pointed it at her and pulled the trigger.

At least he wasn't aiming it at her head.

I hope that one guy goes to prison. Murdered a girl because he was negligent and stupid.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2013, 07:21 PM   #32325
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, even when I've just completed a chamber check and mag check, I STILL won't point it at anyone! About the worst I've done is point in on my cats! I know, it's wrong, but I've done it. They know it's not something good too. Lol I cringed at just about every descriptive sentence about that incident while reading it in the news. His actions definitely go well above and beyond negligent!

Edit: also, all of my negligent actions are now over. I don't want my kids to see me doing stupid ish with guns. They'll be taught about them correctly and respectfully. I'll make sure they understand the destructive power and are proficient early on. They won't be tempted to play if I take away the mystery surrounding them.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.