Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 215 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 01-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #3211
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

No better way than to have her trapped in ur jeep for a few hours!

Unread 01-10-2012, 07:07 PM   #3212
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

I want to go. I have a four day weekend Friday threw Monday if you guys get something together I am for sure down!
Unread 01-10-2012, 07:44 PM   #3213
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Which day would be better for everyone? May need to line up a babysitter or clear it with the boss...
Unread 01-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #3214
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I would be down with a ride on Sunday. Sat is a no go due to football.

If someone does want to do potato ridge, I have an extra season pass to red rock.
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #3215
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'll take it!!! And give it back!
Unread 01-10-2012, 09:14 PM   #3216
sirhk100

Crap!!! I'm out for this weekend. Have a friend in town sat and we're riding dirt bikes and I just had an offer I can't pass up. Basically owe a friend $200 for a parts bike I needed to finish building another dirt bike I was putting together. He said if I can get his dirt bike running Sunday morning we're even. Said it's just a carb issue. So basically I'd be dumb to pass that up. It's probably 2 hour max job and gets me out of a $200 debt!

Side note... Picked up another transmission for the jeep and think I have a buyer lined up for my auto so I may be yanking it out next week during the evenings and over the weekend to start swapping in the one I picked up tonight. I still have this JK 6 speed NSG-370 that I'll make a smoking deal on. How about this too... Find me a buyer with cash and I'll give you 10% of whatever the selling price ends up at...
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #3217
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

You guys want rock crawling??? I can get you guys rock crawling. Logandale!!!
Unread 01-10-2012, 10:10 PM   #3218
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I was going to go last week until I read this. I don't know if it's the same place or not but it's enough to keep me away. http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/news/2...u-missed-2011/
oh god, who cares.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #3219
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

oh god, who cares.
Really, you're gonna die of something, right? It can't be good breathing any kind of dirt either way. Just breath through your nose and bring Kleenex!!
Unread 01-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #3220
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
oh god, who cares.
Well for one my wife. She has asthma. She can't be breathing that sort of thing in or it will irritate her lungs pretty bad. We would both like her to keep breathing so we stay away. I would imagine it affects all people with respiratory illness one way or another. I just thought I'd post it in case someone else one here has any of those kinds of concerns. Cheers.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #3221
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Does it actually irritate her any worse than normal dust?

I'd imagine that the actual dust itself is more detrimental to her or anybody than the arsenic in it. They didnt close the dunes down, so its not like they took some reading that was off the charts.

I'm not trying to convince you to go, im just saying my logic. I've been out there a dozen times before, and i doubt at this point if one more trip will pose a serious threat to my health. If it's gonna harm me, im probably already harmed.

That being said, i also bet its way worse rolling around out there on a quad or bike.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #3222
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Breathing stirred up mine dust cures rabies!!! FACT!
Unread 01-11-2012, 12:58 AM   #3223
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
oh god, who cares.
... says the man with windows on his jeep.

(I've got them too ...)
Unread 01-11-2012, 01:00 AM   #3224
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
They didnt close the dunes down, so its not like they took some reading that was off the charts.
We all know the BLM hates us offroaders ... maybe they're trying to thin the herd.
Unread 01-11-2012, 01:05 AM   #3225
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

I'm going to be celebrating MLK and my birthday by wheeling in the mountains east of Bullhead City on Monday and Tuesday. All are invited ... most all, you know who I mean.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.