Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2149 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 10-22-2013, 12:18 AM   #32221
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Khris, you think something like this would work with either the link killer set up or the DD link set up?

image-2236962277.jpg

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 07:04 AM   #32222
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

14 days till we make the move out to vegas.... What does it take to be officially welcomed in this thread ???
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #32223
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post
14 days till we make the move out to vegas.... What does it take to be officially welcomed in this thread ???
You'll get your welcome when you get here...as long as you're not from Kansas.
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:34 AM   #32224
sirhk100

How's it going locked!

Andy, yes for sure with the link killer... Very very possibly with the DD. Only concern is making sure to build something to spread the coilover load out without it being fully caged. You're drastically changing where the forces are applied to the frame going from leafs to coilover/links so that needs to be compensated for and just to make sure the chassis can handle the different loads it's now seeing.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 09:38 AM   #32225
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon

You'll get your welcome when you get here...
Wow, that sounds ominous.

Looking forward to meeting you Locked, travel safe & watch your six when you get here, if you see Roobicon headed your way with a big tube of lube that says welcome on it you might want to reconsider how bad you want a welcome

On an entirely different note.. I HATE being home sick! It's sooo boring + feeling miserable on top of that doesn't help much. I'd rather go to work and get stuff done while I am miserable than be miserable AND useless.
To top it off, the dude with the welder replied and says he's avail for me to come check it out. Ugh, I don't even want to go to the front door much less to somebody's house.

Okay :whineoff:
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #32226
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post
Beer.

All you have to do is buy it, and bring it to my house, then I will stick up for you and keep these guys from harassing you.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #32227
sirhk100

Marn prefers budlight, I'd bring him at least a few cases.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #32228
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Natty Ice.....
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 12:40 PM   #32229
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Bud Ice, thank you very much!

in a related story a buddy who was coming to the beer party we had the other week was all "what should I bring" and my response was "whatever you want, bud!"

And i then relized my mistake and texted him back like 30 minutes later "i meant bud as in buddy, not budweiser!!!!!"

he rolled up with a 40 of Bud Ice lol. Then he revealed some quality beer after giving me the ice.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #32230
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

Bud Ice, thank you very much!

in a related story a buddy who was coming to the beer party we had the other week was all "what should I bring" and my response was "whatever you want, bud!"

And i then relized my mistake and texted him back like 30 minutes later "i meant bud as in buddy, not budweiser!!!!!"

he rolled up with a 40 of Bud Ice lol. Then he revealed some quality beer after giving me the ice.
Lol, just when you think some one is party fouling a beer party, dude breaks out the good stuff!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 02:09 PM   #32231
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Well I dragged myself out with my dad to go check out the welder (I wanted to get it for Dad as a surprise but I feel too crappy to do it on my own), I talked the guy down another $50 and now my Dad has a Lincoln 180 HD welder with cart, big bottle of gas, two masks, and a few other odds and ends for $250. The welder had a little bit of flux(?) buildup at the tip and some dust on it. No scratches or blemish of any type on the welder or cart unless you can count dust. Guy said he has MAYBE 4-5 hours total ever used on it.

I can't wait to learn how to use it and start playing thanks for the lead Khris!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #32232
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Good job chad. Now you need all the little stuff. A mig tool, chipping hammer, and a designated wire brush. All of which I would think HF would suit you just fine.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 02:51 PM   #32233
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Well I dragged myself out with my dad to go check out the welder (I wanted to get it for Dad as a surprise but I feel too crappy to do it on my own), I talked the guy down another $50 and now my Dad has a Lincoln 180 HD welder with cart, big bottle of gas, two masks, and a few other odds and ends for $250. The welder had a little bit of flux(?) buildup at the tip and some dust on it. No scratches or blemish of any type on the welder or cart unless you can count dust. Guy said he has MAYBE 4-5 hours total ever used on it.

I can't wait to learn how to use it and start playing thanks for the lead Khris!
Awesome. We always have work for you lol

Unread 10-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #32234
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
How's it going locked!

Andy, yes for sure with the link killer... Very very possibly with the DD. Only concern is making sure to build something to spread the coilover load out without it being fully caged. You're drastically changing where the forces are applied to the frame going from leafs to coilover/links so that needs to be compensated for and just to make sure the chassis can handle the different loads it's now seeing.
Would I be better off going caged front to rear with the links? That may make my decision for me unless I can figure out a way to tie a cab cage to the bed cage without going out the top of the cab. I am still planning on running a topper over the bed so I can't really have cage tubes coming out above the rear window.

Powr, you talk to Larry? He has a thread on here about your speedo gear issue if you haven't figured it out yet.

Locked, welcome!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #32235
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Scott:
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4145245340.html
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.