Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2147 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 10-21-2013, 07:54 AM   #32191
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Okay, so maybe I need to reconsider gas. I thought wire feed IS arc? I THINK a small Lincoln or Hobart wire feed welder would be ideal, based on what I have heard, but I really know noting about this stuff and I don't want to buy something that is gonna be over my head. I saw some on CL, but there is no way I can afford the thousands of $$$ being asked. I know Khris was throwing out some good recommendations a while back, I just can't seem to find 'em.
I have a Hobart 187. Its small but welds on 220v. Got it on eBay for 400

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #32192
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
What does DG mean? And what is the purpose of having it???

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
At front sight you either don't pass, graduate, or distinguished graduate.

If you DG the course you are allowed to take the advanced courses for that type of weapon. If you have DG certs in pistol rifle and shotgun you can take the advanced 3 gun classes, yadda yadda

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #32193
sirhk100

• Hobart 190
  • Miller 180
  • miller 211 (awesome machine cause it can run 110 or 220.)
  • Lincoln 175/180 (I think the new ones can run 110 or 220 also)

They all should be able to run fluxcore wire but most if not all of those come with a set of gauges. All you'd need is the bottle itself and you're welding with gas then. I personally like having both options. In the garage 100% of the time I use gas. If I'm outside where it's breezy I can use the fluxcore without the gas and still weld. To change up between fluxcore and gas takes probably about 20 minutes. It's been so long since I've done it but I think I had to change out the liner real quick, change the power polarity, disconnect the gas solenoid and then just swap wires.

I'm 99% most modern day 220V welders will come with everything you need to run either and the only additional cost is the bottle. The MIG (gas) wire is cheaper then fluxcore though. I know I broke even and am now saving money running gas over fluxcore wire just by the cost savings on the wire alone. It paid for my bottle purchase ages ago. As long as you remember to turn the gas off when you're done the gas lasts quite a while assuming you have a reasonable sized bottle. Once you buy the bottle the first time, the gas is cheap considering how long it lasts.

SMOKING DEAL!!! If he still has it? If it comes with that stand and bottle too that's beyond smoking!!! That's pretty much the exact setup I've built my whole truck, the race truck, and every welding job I've done for anyone on this forum as well...

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/tls/4135226758.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #32194
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Everyone goes to Adams driveshaft for their SYE and drive shaft right? I thought i got a quote from them a while ago but i just looked on their site and its $415 I thought it was around 350 last time i looked...
It was $415 when I got mine earlier this year
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #32195
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Anyone have a 6ft A-frame latter? Trying to get a cable ran for internet.

Posted from outer space.
Hi, didn't check the forum this weekend. If you still need one I have one.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #32196
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

My pup is sick :-(

He was wheezy when we brought him home but seemed more like allergies or something. Sneezed a bit. Saturday night he started hacking a lil. Sunday he had a little hacking session (4 or 5 hacks) 4 or 5 times, and then last night I woke up to him hacking a few times. Poor fella. Otherwise he's acting 100% normal.

Good thing we had his initial check up and stitches removal appointment scheduled for this afternoon.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #32197
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
My pup is sick :-(

He was wheezy when we brought him home but seemed more like allergies or something. Sneezed a bit. Saturday night he started hacking a lil. Sunday he had a little hacking session (4 or 5 hacks) 4 or 5 times, and then last night I woke up to him hacking a few times. Poor fella. Otherwise he's acting 100% normal.

Good thing we had his initial check up and stitches removal appointment scheduled for this afternoon.
Haha and you said that you don't want kids.

Stitches? Did he have his bean bags cut off?
Unread 10-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #32198
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Haha and you said that you don't want kids.

Stitches? Did he have his bean bags cut off?
Yup. They get the chop when they are brought into the SPCA.

?If it was a kid I'd let it ride a bit longer since they'll likely get better and can tell me whats wrong. i have no idea how dogs work, this could be something or it could be nothing.

Unread 10-21-2013, 10:45 AM   #32199
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Khris - thanks for the recommendations; I just got back from Vegas 4X4 where the same subject came up and they also strongly recommended using the Miller 211 (they have it in their shop) because it is so easy to use including the "automatic" setting. I will look into that lincon one too.

Marn - perhaps he has kennel cough (common for dogs in shelters)? Good plan to get it checked right away. I hope all turns out well.

On a good note; after a few minutes of poking around underneath my rig, LarryN @ Vegas4X4 nailed the problem with my death wobble, the trackbar mounting bolt was a tad too long so while it gave the appearance of being good and tight, it was running into the axle tube instead of completely tightening the trackbar down. A shorter bolt and a nice bumpy/curvy test drive later and all is well
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 10:46 AM   #32200
SparkyPowers
1979 FSJ Wagoneer 

Just wanted to say that my wife and I had a great time on the trails and at the Pioneer Saloon. Good to meet some cool new people. We're looking forward to the next trip.

Steve, the Willys guy
SparkyPowers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:18 AM   #32201
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hey Scott, This guy is on cherokeeforum and seems pretty cool

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4089244272.html
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:33 AM   #32202
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Khris, I replied to the CL ad, if I end up buying, I expect welding lessons!

Seriously though.. Given the choice, would you go for the Miller 211 or the Lincoln 180 HD. The 211 seems like a better machine and more dummy proof, but there doesn't seem to be as many people selling them cheap.
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:44 AM   #32203
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Went for gas today in the LJ, those miles are stacking up quick!
image-1403430655.jpg

Unread 10-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #32204
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
And then you can weld up everything for us!!!! Sliders for everyone!
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #32205
sirhk100

Quote:

Seriously though.. Given the choice, would you go for the Miller 211 or the Lincoln 180 HD. The 211 seems like a better machine and more dummy proof, but there doesn't seem to be as many people selling them cheap.
I honestly have zero experience with the 211, I've just heard it's an excellent machine at still sorta kinda somewhat of an entry level price!

I bought my lincoln as a refurbed unit back in about '06. I've built a bumper to bumper caged Ranger, my toyota, the TPF race truck, My exploder stuff, 2 caged jeeps, a few bumpers, and countless misc little small projects here and there for me and other friends/people.

The two jeep cages I've done...

And the other...

I've had virtually no issues with my refurbed Lincoln! The stuff I had going on a few months ago was literally a cleaning issue. I really can't complain at all with my lincoln. I think mine is actually a 175HD and I think the one in that CL ad is just a newer version of my welder.

As for lessons, it would take me probably 10 minutes at the most to show you what I do... Then really it's just a matter of grabbing a bunch of scrap metal and practicing. I don't honestly know if I do it right or wrong, I've never been taught, I just got a welder and started welding and what I do is what I've figured out over time. I can't remember having a weld fail though because of the weld itself, any failures have always been design flaws, not the weld's fault. LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.