Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2143 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 10-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #32131
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalHunter
Gonna check out Nesbitt Lake, at Key Pittman. Figure it's far enough away to stay away from the crowds, but still a close enough drive to learn a new place. Have you been there before?
Nope never been there. The only duck hunting I've done in Nv is pahranagat lake

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:39 AM   #32132
SoCalHunter
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Nope never been there. The only duck hunting I've done in Nv is pahranagat lake
If you're interested in checking it out, let me know. Leaving town around 3:30am. Lol
SoCalHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #32133
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone happen to have a stock TJ gas cap sitting around I could buy from them? I broke mine by accident while I was pulling the tank to install the skid. I replaced it with a cheap autozone one and now I'm getting an evap system leak code. Not sure if it's the cheap cap or something else but I don't want to buy the $27 one from the dealership just to learn it wasn't the problem.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #32134
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
Does anyone happen to have a stock TJ gas cap sitting around I could buy from them? I broke mine by accident while I was pulling the tank to install the skid. I replaced it with a cheap autozone one and now I'm getting an evap system leak code. Not sure if it's the cheap cap or something else but I don't want to buy the $27 one from the dealership just to learn it wasn't the problem.
If you log onto Obamacare.gov and sign up for tax payer subsidized health insurance I hear they send you a free TJ gas cap.
Unread 10-18-2013, 11:57 PM   #32135
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

10am meeting gas station on blue diamond

Please call or text me if you are coming but running behind. We will likely wait around until 10:15

My number is 603.661.2678

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 01:01 AM   #32136
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Channel 4

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #32137
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Had my first stuck ever. Thanks to Dave for pullin me out.

image-2959283819.jpg

image-2692219165.jpg

image-2279269448.jpg

Khris, got to use the new diff cover! Surprisingly it didnt give me any added traction because of the tire tread pattern, what gives? I was spinning my tires and couldn't back up.

image-3126842754.jpg

Quote:

Unread 10-19-2013, 06:26 PM   #32138
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Can anybody tell me why this is so expensive? At first I thought typo but the price is listed elsewhere in the ad as well.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/ctd/4133725448.html

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #32139
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

My guess is probably because it looks to be in pretty good shape. I wouldn't pay that though.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #32140
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

How did you get stuck Marn? 4WD not working? Looks like you could have turned into it and climbed up and out without an issue.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 08:01 PM   #32141
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
How did you get stuck Marn? 4WD not working? Looks like you could have turned into it and climbed up and out without an issue.
For whatever reason I slipped into the rut. I had straddled it earlier because there wasnt much room on either side. I think i wasnt paying full attention and got to close then down i went. It was like we hit a wall man, lol, the jeep just STOPPED and it sent us all for a ride inside.

If you look at the pic of the rut, it's so narrow i literally could not turn my wheels. The front of it was a sheer face, like a wall in the rut, so i couldnt go forward. Backing up, my gas tank and diff were stuck in the dirt, then my driver front and passenger rear tires just started spinning and i was getting zero movement. Also, Dani was literally losing her mind in the passenger seat because she has some crazy fear of vehicles tipping or something, so that was making me lose my cool.

Then I couldnt get it into 4 low because i couldnt move the truck back and forth at all....

then the engine died a few times, and kept shutting off when i put it in gear. So, at that point we just pulled it out. IO figured it was because it was at a fairly crazy angle and may have been flooded.

Turns out when the gas tank moved, it pinched the fuel pump wire and was shorting it, so the breaker kept popping. once I was out of the ditch I diagnosed this in a few minutes, found the offending wire, moved it, and wrapped it with electrical tape. Then off we went.

So, aside from the fuel pump getting shut off, lockers woulda got me out, but I was high centered the long way, basically, and my tires were just spinning. Somebody was saying to just back up cut the wheel to the left and drive out, but i couldnt back up because i was spinning tires, and the front wheels were locked pointed straight because of the rut.

Quote:

Unread 10-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #32142
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^No problem at all Doc. Glad to help. I will say, I am surprised to read your account of all that was going on inside your sled. Being right behind you, I had no idea it was so dramatic. Pretty funny that chicks freak out at the least little thing. My wife always freaks out too. She was in an accident when she was 15 where she was in the back of a pickup truck that rolled. It landed on her leg and broke her femur. So now she completely fails to trust in me or the laws of physics and has to get out of the vehicle if anything out of the ordinary happens.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #32143
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Everyone goes to Adams driveshaft for their SYE and drive shaft right? I thought i got a quote from them a while ago but i just looked on their site and its $415 I thought it was around 350 last time i looked...
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #32144
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
^No problem at all Doc. Glad to help. I will say, I am surprised to read your account of all that was going on inside your sled. Being right behind you, I had no idea it was so dramatic. Pretty funny that chicks freak out at the least little thing. My wife always freaks out too. She was in an accident when she was 15 where she was in the back of a pickup truck that rolled. It landed on her leg and broke her femur. So now she completely fails to trust in me or the laws of physics and has to get out of the vehicle if anything out of the ordinary happens.
Dude Dani was going nuts, Desi didnt make much noise, Mike was all "this is awesome!" and the poor dog smacked into the dash board when we fell into the rutt, haha.

I'm trying to calm Dani "Listen, we aren't moving, the truck isn't going to fall over, relax!" (BTW yelling "RELAX" and "CALM DOWN" at somebody rarely has the desired effect). I told her to get out, and she tried but the door only opened like 2" which put her from "scared" mode to "scared and trapped" mode and it got worse from there.

At the same time I'm trying to wrangle the dog back up onto the seat.

While triyng to put it in 4wd, Drive to reverse drive to reverse, trying to get it into 4 low, then the engine kills, triyng to start it back up, etc etc etc. lol

It was like a 2 minute production but holy hell it was dramatic inside there. lol

Quote:

Unread 10-19-2013, 08:38 PM   #32145
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Also, Dave, did you get a look at that wag?

Also also, I'm sorry I didnt get a closer look at your rig. I didn't have a chance to ask you about it, and right after you drove off the guys are all "blah blah 5.2 blah blah" and I was like, wait, huh?!

Gotta get a closer look next time man!

Also, thanks to everybody who went, putting up with my old, slow, bouncy, broken down unreliable ****, lol I honestly feel bad for being the slow guy and the weak link.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.