Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2140 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #32086
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'll double check but I couldn't see a casting line break anywhere and I've never seen just the rotor for sale for the '80-86 bronco/F150. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's all solid. I'll be knocking out the studs before it's done and drilling them out to press in 5/8" nascar studs so I'll find out for sure then.

Edit...
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...9_172987_4825_

Looks like it's a press fit between the two. Shows how much I pay attention. I needed it all either way so didn't really care. All the ones I saw for sale were the entire assembly so I just assumed it was one piece.

I was just asking, because i thought the same thing, that it was 1 whole assembly.

Its a PITA to separate and assemble them anyway. Gotta wail on the studs with a hammer, go buy new studs, then use some washers, a lug nut, and an impact gun to pull them together. I cannot fathom doing it without the impact.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #32087
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Bettle on 35's?

whats a bettle? lol

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-17-2013, 12:43 PM   #32088
Interactive
1994 ZJ 

Somebody looking for a Jeep XJ
Sorry couldn't link because ad is down but a damn funny read if you haven't seen this yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reply [email
jgpwh-4119280944@sale.craigslist.org[/email] [?] flag [?] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-10-09, 11:39AM CDT
1997 Jeep Cherokee - $1750 (Enid, OK )

image 1image 2image 3image 4image 5image 6image 7image 8image 9

1997 Jeep Cherokee (XJ)
220K Miles
4.0 L in-line 6
4WD
AUTOMATIC Transmission
Bright Red
Straight Stock
Crank Windows, no cruise, no tilt, no delay wiper, no nonsense
POWER MIRRORS! Woo Hoo!

$1750

Here's the deal, kids:
This is a Jeep Cherokee. This is not a luxury SUV, or a maintenance-free disposable import. It has solid front axles, wind noise, and character.
It's a Jeep. It rides like a Jeep. It drives like a Jeep. All of these are GOOD things.
It is not new, it is not pristine, it is used. This will be apparent in the pictures.

If you do not own a toolbox, have never changed your own oil, and are scared of firearms: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you have been posting on facebook all about how excited you are for pumpkin latte season: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you get offended easy and often, whine to your co-workers, and ***** a lot: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you feel you are owed anything in the world & have a bull**** job where you fail to produce: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you own a bieber album, white oakleys, affliction t-shirts, or those candy-assed stitched-pocket jeans: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.
If you consider the 2nd Amendment an anachronistic relic and have never owned a firearm: THIS VEHICLE IS NOT FOR YOU.

If, however, you have BALLS OF STEEL and consider adverse weather an excuse to do stupid ****: THIS IS YOUR JEEP.
Do you laugh at danger, and tempt fate?
Have you ever uttered the words, "Hold my beer and watch this ..."?
While bored at work do you pick targets at random and think, "I could hit that from here with the .22 ..."?
Have any of your friends quit hanging out because you were too much fun?
Do you have the number of a friend with cash memorized for bail?
When you pass an abandoned flatbed farm truck along a fenceline do you consider taking on another project?
Is your ol' lady really sick of the random piles of parts, greasy footprints, and empty beer bottles in the garage?
-could you not care less?
Do you have Jalopnik saved on your laptop AND smartphone?
Do you own a service manual for every vehicle you ever owned?
Do you still miss your first ride?
Can you carry on a two hour conversation discussing tools, scars, and hi-lift jacks?
Remember when tool companies had the balls to put half-naked beauty queens on their calendars?
Do you consider the Prius an abominable affront to the Gods of displacement, torque, and All Mighty Internal Combustion?

If you answered in the affirmative to the preceding: THIS IS YOUR JEEP.

DETAILS:
-I am the second owner. First owner barely got it dirty and engaged the front axles once.
-I have remedied this excessive caretaking with muddy roads and a pile of fun.
-The motor uses a little oil. How much? I don't know, I'm not collecting statistical analysis points.
I check the oil, I fill the oil, I drive. Not enough to bother me.
-It leaks a little oil. How much? Not enough for me to care. It has 220,000 miles, Poindexter!
If you have a vehicle with 220K NOT leaking or burning oil, it's empty!
-Rear bumper has a big-*** crease in it. I dented it backing into a concrete pole. Sober.
We drove away giggling, for the record. Haven't fixed it.
-Driver's side door was caught by the wind, whipped forward, got into the LF quarter panel.
-Radiator has a small leak. Pinhole. I can replace the radiator or you can. Really doesn't matter
A new radiator and hoses will run $145. If you don't want to replace them I will.
Add $250 to the price of vehicle. This includes radiator, hoses, and labor (beer). A freaking bargain.
-The badass little 4.0L bullet-proof in-line six starts and runs like the proverbial champ.
-Tranny and 4WD operate perfectly
-Tires will need replaced in a couple thousand miles. I haven't upgraded because I had plans:
Had planned a small lift, upgrade to 17" Wrangler wheels, and more aggressive tires.
Life got in the way - it ain't happening.
-Zombie stickers on the right rear window stay. My daughter's idea, take it up with her.
-Flogging Molly sticker stays as well. They kick ***, so there.

QUESTIONS:
-Why are you selling?
I can't justify owning it anymore. Motorsickles, kiddos, work, travel, and beer have consumed my time and money.
Someone else needs to appreciate the Jeep for what it is: awesome mechanical artistry.

-What's wrong with it?
Radiator. Small oil leaks. Driver's side door cosmetic issues.
And it's pissed it has been neglected and parked. It needs rescued.

-Does the 4WD work?
Hell yes. Like a Dickensian Orphan.

-Will you sell me the [engine / tranny / rear door / axle / etc.]?
No. I'm not in the salvage business. Buy the Jeep. Love the Jeep. Give the Jeep a home.

-Will you take [insert ridiculously stupid low number here]?
No. If I wanted [ridiculously low number] I would have asked [ridiculously low number]
Want a cheap car? Get your kid that lowered tuner piece of **** honda project down the road.
I think I'm plenty cheap for this bad mofo.

-Why is it still stock?
Because I bought it for a daily driver with the intention of turning it into a project.
I haven't had the time to do so. So I am selling it.

-Can I put a 6" lift and giant tires on it?
I don't give a ****. But be sure to use quality components and for God's sake - get it aligned after a lift!

-Would this make a good car for my daughter?
Hell. Yes. Not only a good car, a learning experience. Introduction to vehicular maintenance.
Additionally, there isn't really enough room in the back for that little bastard she's dating to try anything.

-Can you deliver?
Within reason. I'd drive it a hundred miles or so. But really, you should come get it. Look it over. Have a beer. Etc.

-Will you take a check / cashier's check / Western Union Transfer / Nigerian Promissory Note?
Would you take a ball pein hammer to the forehead?
No. I'll take Cash. Period. Bring cash or don't show.

-Will you ship to -?
No. See above.

-No, really, all I have is [lowball dollar amount]?
That's great, I don't give a ****. Unicef ain't running this deal, and until they do I want $1750.
Why? Because I don't HAVE to sell this little beauty. Truth be known, I'd rather keep it.
But if it's going to a good home - I will sell. Unless you're an ******* - then no sale.

-Why are you such a dick?
Everything is relative; you should see my friends.

Any other questions, feel free to reply to this email and ask.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Posting ID: 4119280944 Posted: 2013-10-09, 11:39AM CDT Updated: 2013-10-09, 3:36PM CDT email to a friend
Avoid scams, deal locally! Do NOT wire funds (Western Union, Moneygram).
Beware cashier checks, money orders, shipping, non-local buyers/sellers. More info
Interactive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #32089
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I was just asking, because i thought the same thing, that it was 1 whole assembly.

Its a PITA to separate and assemble them anyway. Gotta wail on the studs with a hammer, go buy new studs, then use some washers, a lug nut, and an impact gun to pull them together. I cannot fathom doing it without the impact.
Well, once I get the rotors machined down to a smaller diameter the studs will be hammered out, the holes will be drilled larger and big boy studs will get pressed in. 20 holes total to drill on flanges and 30 holes to drill on wheels. Drill party USA coming to my garage soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
whats a bettle? lol
It's what you call a VW beetle when the timing of your fingers as a fast typer don't line up correctly. Sorry for not spell checking everything...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 01:15 PM   #32090
sirhk100

We had this car in our shop here at work about a month or two ago. It's seriously the cleanest fox body I've ever seen! It's absolutely spotless and ran perfect when I took it around the block! The kicker, the guy selling it only paid a grand for it! No clue what his reserve is set at though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...76e725&vxp=mtr

Unread 10-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #32091
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

It's what you call a VW beetle when the timing of your fingers as a fast typer don't line up correctly. Sorry for not spell checking everything...
(insert smart phone joke here)

Unread 10-17-2013, 01:32 PM   #32092
sirhk100

Do you really think my computer doesn't have spell check or underline misspelled words and that I need a smart phone to do that? Or do you think possibly I didn't notice? Please tell me you're not one of those annoying people that have to correct everyone's spelling on forums!

I went on a date with a chick a while back that said she wouldn't go out with a dude that still had a flip phone. She hadn't seen my phone. I didn't comment on it but I did find it funny that someone's phone was that important to her yet she rolled up in like a $1500 hooptie that was burning oil and I found out she was renting a room and barely making ends meet. Yet here I am with arguably $20K in vehicles paid in full in my driveway, savings that makes the average american's savings look like a joke, a decent income and working on having a house paid in full in 5 years. But hey, that phone is pretty damn important so I figured we probably weren't a match as I really didn't want to get stuck with her phone bill down the road eventually. I didn't return her text message later that night. My phone couldn't comprehend the random smiley characters she sent me.

Unread 10-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #32093
sirhk100

LOL, actually... I think my home computer is on it's last leg. Like it takes about 10 tries to get it to actually turn on. If it's fully dead... I'm likely not going to buy a replacement. Then I'll have no smart phone and no home computer. Oh god... how will I survive having no connection to the online world and resources if I'm not at work???!!! Just fine I'm betting... LOL

Unread 10-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #32094
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

so i put the track bar in today, thanks Garza and still had a shake but not as bad, rotated my tires (no cupping or uneven wear) and seemed to help. I am not getting DW but still getting some bump steer. I am not sure if i should get it alighted. I checked the measurements for the front end and everything is at the same spot distance wise. The axle is at 1 degree off compared to 0 when before i started. I cant adjust the cam adjusters anymore and keep it safe.
Im so over black jeeps right now lol

Everything in the steering is tight, new unit bearings

Could be bump steering be just the high offset of the rims im running?
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2013, 02:50 PM   #32095
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I think you should sell me the hard top and then sell this one and get another one. An LJ! Rofl
Unread 10-17-2013, 03:11 PM   #32096
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I think you should sell me the hard top and then sell this one and get another one. An LJ! Rofl
Id sell the hard top but you wont like the price

I would also trade straight up for one of these
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/4105387948.html
Unread 10-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #32097
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Saturday is the 100th birthday celebration for the pioneer saloon. Thinking anout riding cottonwood canyon or whatever the hell its called out to goodsprings. We are going to the celebration anyway because they are unveiling the monument but I wanted to see if anybody was up for a mild trail ride out there?

Unread 10-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #32098
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Do you really think my computer doesn't have spell check or underline misspelled words and that I need a smart phone to do that? Or do you think possibly I didn't notice? Please tell me you're not one of those annoying people that have to correct everyone's spelling on forums!

I went on a date with a chick a while back that said she wouldn't go out with a dude that still had a flip phone. She hadn't seen my phone. I didn't comment on it but I did find it funny that someone's phone was that important to her yet she rolled up in like a $1500 hooptie that was burning oil and I found out she was renting a room and barely making ends meet. Yet here I am with arguably $20K in vehicles paid in full in my driveway, savings that makes the average american's savings look like a joke, a decent income and working on having a house paid in full in 5 years. But hey, that phone is pretty damn important so I figured we probably weren't a match as I really didn't want to get stuck with her phone bill down the road eventually. I didn't return her text message later that night. My phone couldn't comprehend the random smiley characters she sent me.
Dude I'm just ****ing around

Unread 10-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #32099
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Picked this bumper for 140 bucks today... yeah its smittybilt but it was cheap lol

And seen this.

Power the bumper is from the guy with that TJ trailer he dropped the price to 300 just FYI
Unread 10-17-2013, 05:12 PM   #32100
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Saturday is the 100th birthday celebration for the pioneer saloon. Thinking anout riding cottonwood canyon or whatever the hell its called out to goodsprings. We are going to the celebration anyway because they are unveiling the monument but I wanted to see if anybody was up for a mild trail ride out there?
If the boss agrees then we will go. Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.