Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 214 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-09-2012, 06:45 PM   #3196
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm looking for a ruger sp101 for a reasonable price, say..around 350-400.

Unread 01-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #3197
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I took my quads up near Harris Spring Road today and the same "Uncle Rico" style van was out off one of the trails.(36.26475,-115.525508) It looks like someone is living there, I first saw the van this summer and it has been there since. I tried to call the forest service(702-515-5400), but there was no answer. I guess I will try again tomorrow
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 08:32 PM   #3198
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I took my quads up near Harris Spring Road today and the same "Uncle Rico" style van was out off one of the trails.(36.26475,-115.525508) It looks like someone is living there, I first saw the van this summer and it has been there since. I tried to call the forest service(702-515-5400), but there was no answer. I guess I will try again tomorrow
I wonder if they are handing out free candy from their van......
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #3199
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Hello, kids! Haven't been feeling well and was hospitalized again for a few days, but I'm out now. Thanks for the messages.

Would you believe that replacement shock just arrived today? Five days it took. Overnighting it would have been nice of them.

Heavily medicated right now. This is some really good stuff. See you later.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 09:56 PM   #3200
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Hello, kids! Haven't been feeling well and was hospitalized again for a few days, but I'm out now. Thanks for the messages.

Would you believe that replacement shock just arrived today? Five days it took. Overnighting it would have been nice of them.

Heavily medicated right now. This is some really good stuff. See you later.
Get well soon. This thread is pretty boring without your comments.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #3201
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Glad to see that you are feeling a little better. Get rested up so you can continue exploring
Unread 01-10-2012, 01:16 AM   #3202
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, we gots to go somewhere Saturday!! Poo on you guys who went to cool places and didn't invite anyone!!! Let's start planning something now so we can all join in. I would be down for some trails in boulder city, or potosi/goodsprings areas. Ideas??
Unread 01-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #3203
sirhk100

Bummer, already have plans to ride dirt bikes with a friend from out of town on Sat. Took a nice long 4 day weekend after a short 3 day work week last week. LOL Went down to San Diego this weekend and then spent yesterday doing some shock tuning on the toyota. Got the front end dialed in pretty good to the point that it's actually a little bit scary to drive it as fast as it's capable of and now the rear end needs some love to get it as smooth and fast as the front. Tonight I'm picking up another jeep trans to add to my collection and I might have a lead on someone interested in the Auto I currently have in it! I'll be stoked if that works out cause then I'll be doing a transmission swap over the next couple weeks possibly!!!
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 02:54 PM   #3204
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Could do something Sunday instead...but need to get out!!
Unread 01-10-2012, 03:44 PM   #3205
sirhk100

Depending how things pan out I might be down for something on Sunday. Let me see how the week comes along. I've wanted to do potato ridge or whatever that one trail up above red rock is. I've never been thru it but have been right up to where it got technical but had to turn around cause of daylight constraints and also I wasn't in my personal jeep and had a stock 4 door rubicon that was a bit gun shy to dive in. Possibly if we did something in the morning and could be back early-mid afternoon that would work for me? Guess it might be pretty cold up there though huh?

That or boulder city/Nelson area? I found a wash last weekend out there while on my bike that looked badass that I'd never seen before. I'm not even sure if my jeep would be capable of making it to be quite honest but it's on my list to go and give it a shot! The wash was accessed directly out of Nelson basically... If I had a locker I know it would be no problem but open and on 35's I'm not sure... I haven't been out enough in the TJ yet to truely know it's limits!

LOL I guess I'll make a point to drill the 4 remaining holes in my home made rock sliders to finish up getting those mounted so I don't regret possibly banging them off a rock and doing damage with them only partially mounted! LOL
Unread 01-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #3206
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be down for potato ridge on Sunday, but I wanna get some sweet rock crawling pics and vids of my tj doing it, so it will take a little extra time, if that's cool with everyone. Can do pics and vids of anyone who comes. Last time I went, had brief two wheel action when it pivoted over a rock-sweet!
Unread 01-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #3207
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Who needs gas money?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 06:02 PM   #3208
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I think VegasMatt and I may be doing a light run out to the dunes to just tool around out there if anybody is interested

Would be on saturday, mid day type deal.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #3209
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I think VegasMatt and I may be doing a light run out to the dunes to just tool around out there if anybody is interested

Would be on saturday, mid day type deal.
I was going to go last week until I read this. I don't know if it's the same place or not but it's enough to keep me away. http://www.lasvegasweekly.com/news/2...u-missed-2011/
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 06:20 PM   #3210
sirhk100

I'm in no major rush on Sunday. Truth be told was just hoping to have afternoon open to take my dog to the park with a chick I want to uhhhhhh, do stuff with, and her dog. You know, casually let the dogs play! Legit excuse to gauge chicks interest in me in a non bar atmosphere. LOL

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.