Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2139 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 10-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #32071
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I started looking at xj's so I can get back into a jeep, and apparently they go up in value when they have 150,000 miles and are 2wd.
How much are you looking to spend? I found a few nice ones when I was looking but then found my TJ that I couldn't pass up.

Grand is that blue one still for sale at your work? I know I needed brakes and sway bars and ac fixed but it was a decent ride for under 2k

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #32072
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
A friend of mine has one sitting in his garage. If you want, i'll see how much he wants for it.
Ask him what he wants for it, what it is out of, what gearing...

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:26 PM   #32073
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
all the cool kids are doing it....
Yeah, I know. One of you folios posted that 74 J10 a couple weeks back on CL. It is a good price, but not sure if it is a basket case or not. Lots of work done, no engine and not sure if the work was done right yet. It is out in Boulder City and I have not had a chance to go look at it yet. It is one of those things that seems like a really good idea when I'm sitting on my couch watching football after a couple days off, but when I think about it more practically like where the hell am I going to put it? It seems like not that great of an idea.... Dunno. But I do know I have always liked Grand Wags and J10 trucks.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #32074
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
How much are you looking to spend? I found a few nice ones when I was looking but then found my TJ that I couldn't pass up.

Grand is that blue one still for sale at your work? I know I needed brakes and sway bars and ac fixed but it was a decent ride for under 2k
No the xj isnt for sale anymore as the guy at my work was the one who bought it from the guy. He tried selling it to me for 1200$ with all of those problems along with a "bottom end noise". He ended up selling it for 2k plus to my coworker.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #32075
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff
Yeah, I know. One of you folios posted that 74 J10 a couple weeks back on CL. It is a good price, but not sure if it is a basket case or not. Lots of work done, no engine and not sure if the work was done right yet. It is out in Boulder City and I have not had a chance to go look at it yet. It is one of those things that seems like a really good idea when I'm sitting on my couch watching football after a couple days off, but when I think about it more practically like where the hell am I going to put it? It seems like not that great of an idea.... Dunno. But I do know I have always liked Grand Wags and J10 trucks.
Do EET! When I came over for the speedo gear that day, I'm pretty sure I heard your wife say she can't wait for you to bring home an awesome project like an old jeep! You have her blessing, what more could you ask for? Roflmao
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:51 PM   #32076
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Here's a good xj it wont last seeing how its a 99
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4134216332.html
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:53 PM   #32077
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post

That was me.....and your welcome
I think a 5.3 would be nice in there. Along with a plasti dip paint job.
Unread 10-17-2013, 12:41 AM   #32078
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Here's a good xj it wont last seeing how its a 99 http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4134216332.html
Why is the 99 special? Is there something that makes it better?
Unread 10-17-2013, 12:49 AM   #32079
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Why is the 99 special? Is there something that makes it better?
Last year of the HP Dana30 in the front and still uses the distributor ignition. Plus, all the nice upgrades that the later models got. Oh, and no 0331 head issues.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #32080
sirhk100

Can't wait for this week to be over!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #32081
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Andy, the TTB is $150 came out of a late 80's early 90's bronco. Finding out what gears are in it later today.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 10:04 AM   #32082
sirhk100

Andy, do some research on the D44 TTB's... There's pros and cons to the early ones compared to the newer ones. For instance, I specifically have pulled a pre '86 set for the spindles I'm building. There's a couple different spindle setups out there. Just know they aren't all the same...

for instance, here's the setup I have, this is ALL one piece! The bearing races press into the rotor/hub assembly.

Vs., here's the later style brake rotor...

And here's the hub...

The bearings are different sized between the two and the spread of the inner and outter bearings are different. Some people prefer one and others prefer the other. I went with the earlier ones with the wider bearing spread. Granted, if I ever have to replace my rotors, they aren't cheap to buy new. Luckily they're pretty easy to find in the junkyards and could easily be turned. Mine have to be custom machined on top of that which makes it a pain but it's all part of the game when going 100% custom stuff... I'm hoping though with the little bit of mileage my ride sees I won't be having brake issues anytime soon and as long as I keep the pads from wearing out completely hopefully I'll never have a problem. I'm hoping to have my rotors custom machined next week. I started last week but snapped the cutoff tool on the lathe in the process. I need to order another one today and am hoping to knock them out early next week so I can get started on designing the spindles.

Unread 10-17-2013, 10:30 AM   #32083
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Andy, do some research on the D44 TTB's... There's pros and cons to the early ones compared to the newer ones. For instance, I specifically have pulled a pre '86 set for the spindles I'm building. There's a couple different spindle setups out there. Just know they aren't all the same...

for instance, here's the setup I have, this is ALL one piece! The bearing races press into the rotor/hub assembly.

Are you SURE thats all one piece? I hadnt heard of that. The jeep ones and ford ones ive seen are just press fit. knock out the studs and they separate. You can buy them as a unit or just buy the rotors.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 10:58 AM   #32084
sirhk100

I'll double check but I couldn't see a casting line break anywhere and I've never seen just the rotor for sale for the '80-86 bronco/F150. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure it's all solid. I'll be knocking out the studs before it's done and drilling them out to press in 5/8" nascar studs so I'll find out for sure then.

Edit...
http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...9_172987_4825_

Looks like it's a press fit between the two. Shows how much I pay attention. I needed it all either way so didn't really care. All the ones I saw for sale were the entire assembly so I just assumed it was one piece.

Unread 10-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #32085
sirhk100

Bettle on 35's?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.