Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2135 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 10-15-2013, 11:09 AM   #32011
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Quit your job, you'll get everything you need plus a ton more.
Works for everybody else, right?

Also, i need insurance not because i'm forced to, but because i do stupid **** like armgina all the time.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #32012
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I actually need insurance. What do I do? I was getting online quotes, but thats as far as I've gone.
What you need to do is get quotes for 12/1/13 directly from the companies. Than once the exchange is actually working get some 1/1/14 quotes from the exchange. Starting 1/1/14 all the individual rates will be the same on or off the exchange so you always want to go with the exchange since youíll get a subsidy. Once you have those quotes compare your 12/1/13 rates to the 1/1/14 rates with the subsidy. Due to your age/gender youíll get better demographic pricing on the 12/1/13 rates assuming youíre healthy but the 1/1/14 rates may be cheaper overall depending on the subsidy you qualify for.

Comparing plans can be difficult since the benefits vary so much. Thatís why the exchange standardized the values to metallic levels but the 12/1/13 benefits will not have metallic levels. Try to compare plans that have benefits with the same or close deductible, inpatient hospital costs, office visit copays, and max out of pocket in that order. Itís very important you look at the max out of pocket because many of the pre 1/1/14 benefits have max out of pockets as high as 10,000 or more with the deductible, rx, and copays not counting toward it. The post 1/1/14 plans have much lower max out of pockets that include everything you pay. I recommend a max out of pocket cost you think you can handle if things go horribly wrong. The purpose of insurance is to keep you from losing everything if the worst happens.

The trick is that for some people buying 12/1/13 will be a better deal and others 1/1/14 will be better. You have to compare the rates plus subsidy and see.

The problem is the bloody exchange isn't working yet. Fortunately the only thing the government is actually running is the exchanges so once that's fixed they can't screw up the rest. Our exchange is state run so I think it will get working quicker than the federal one. Give it a try in a week or two. If you have problems completing the exchange sign up on your own let me know, the application process is intense. There are enrollment assistors that are free to use. I can get you the contact info for one if you end up needing one.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #32013
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Meet mah new buddy.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-15-2013, 06:09 PM   #32014
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

4 year old blue heeler. Dani and I met him today at the SPCA and took him home. Never owned a dog, especially not a herder. Should be a good companion.

Quote:

Unread 10-15-2013, 06:16 PM   #32015
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Heelers are super cool dogs, just really hyper. Really really intelligent

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #32016
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
4 year old blue heeler. Dani and I met him today at the SPCA and took him home. Never owned a dog, especially not a herder. Should be a good companion.
Congrats! Keep him busy...
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #32017
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i've been told as much, haha. gonna run him and play alot. we live right around the corner from horsemans and dog fanciers park

Quote:

Unread 10-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #32018
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I have been toying with the idea of another dog. Trouble is, I still miss my last one. Really miss her...

I am not sure that I would ever find another that would ever come close to filling the void left by her. On top of that, with the life that I lead, I am not sure that I would be giving any dog what they deserve. I work long hours, could be required to leave town at the drop of a hat, and have nobody else around the house when I am not there. In other words, the dog would be alone most of the time.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 06:41 PM   #32019
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Good job Marn! What you have heard is right. If they aren't challenged herders will ruin your life. You are going to get real good at throwing a tennis ball.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #32020
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
I have been toying with the idea of another dog. Trouble is, I still miss my last one. Really miss her...

I am not sure that I would ever find another that would ever come close to filling the void left by her. On top of that, with the life that I lead, I am not sure that I would be giving any dog what they deserve. I work long hours, could be required to leave town at the drop of a hat, and have nobody else around the house when I am not there. In other words, the dog would be alone most of the time.
Alone is better than dead at a kill shelter....just saying
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 06:55 PM   #32021
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206

Alone is better than dead at a kill shelter....just saying
Then Andy should go out and adopt all the dogs!

Quote:

Unread 10-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #32022
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #32023
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

If he does and I buy stock in peanut butter, Is that considered insider trading?
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #32024
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

congrats on the dog Marn.

Step 1. Dog
Step 2. Marriage
Step 3. Kids
Unread 10-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #32025
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Step 4. No booty
Step 5. Divorce
Step 6. Kids play both sides
Step 7. Your life sucks...But you have your dog, unless she takes it in the divorce

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.