Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2133 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 10-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #31981
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I assumed that the large ear flap cover most sounds not directional, protecting from rear and some side noises. makes sense in my corner of the universe.

Unread 10-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #31982
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
The exchange sells private insurance policies that are governed by the same laws and processes for appeal that current private insurance has. It's no different then buying an individual policy today. This is the kind of misinformation that's driving me nuts.
So you are saying you have no problem with the rest of what I wrote, just the appeals process? Further, have you read the entire thing or are you just going off of what you have been told? If it is the latter, you have no idea if you are spitting the same mis-information that you claim to hate. When even the Director of the program says she doesn't understand it how the **** are we supposed to?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #31983
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
So you are saying you have no problem with the rest of what I wrote, just the appeals process? Further, have you read the entire thing or are you just going off of what you have been told? If it is the latter, you have no idea if you are spitting the same mis-information that you claim to hate. When even the Director of the program says she doesn't understand it how the **** are we supposed to?
I was actually responding to power's post, I can't watch videos at work.

I agree that the thing is completely convoluted and many of the people running it are confused. I was commenting just last night how I could answer the simple questions the lady in charge of health and human services couldn't in an interview my wife was watching.

My issue is everyone is getting their information from politically charged sound bites that many times contain false or inaccurate information. I catch very little of that news because I'm working 10-12 hour shifts most days due to the changes that affect large groups. It's my job to understand the real world impact; it's consuming my life right now, so it drives me nuts when inaccurate stuff pops up in the venues I do pay attention to.

I don't care if people hate the law for what it really is; I just wish they would stop throwing garbage in among the real issues. I don't have anything invested in the law it's self but I do in healthcare. The system has to change or it's going to collapse. I can tell you this law as it stands will not collapse the system but it also doesn’t address the longer term issues of growing medical costs. It just makes sure that everyone’s bills get paid and people who do not have access to routine services now do in a more efficient and cost effective way.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #31984
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
That ad had me wanting to buy it.

I was too busy to comment on anything yesterday so ill comment now. Obamacare is not a step in the right direction. Seriously, ask yourself if you want the same people who bankrupted Social Security to control your healthcare costs. This is nothing more than a revenue generator to them. Ask yourself if you want non-doctors to make decisions about your healthcare for you. Do you think they are going to have your best interests in mind? Two words, Hell No! If you disagree with their decision, who do you go to for an appeal? Wait, it goes straight back to the exact same people? Well, that makes perfect sense to absolutely nobody. Ask yourselves why Congress can opt out but we can't. Ask yourselves if you really want to be told you have to do something medically? I sure as hell don't and I have to do that now. Finally ask yourself what happened to HIPAA laws with this. When a DR. Is legally obligated to tell the federal government about you based upon your answers to intake questions, obviously DR/patient confidentiality is gone.

This completes my rant and you may return to your regularly scheduled programming.
I realized this may be the post you're referring to, I thought it was the videos:

All premiums from the exchange are paid directly to private insurance companies

They are requiring you to buy a plan but no one is reviewing or commenting on your treatment choices. It's a private plan run exactly how it always has been in the past by a private insurance carrier.

HIPPA laws still apply and have been strengthened as part of healthcare reforms.
Unread 10-14-2013, 01:39 PM   #31985
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
They are requiring you to buy a plan.
that is my biggest problem with the whole thing.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #31986
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Good afternoon guys!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 10-14-2013, 03:08 PM   #31987
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
that is my biggest problem with the whole thing.
At the end of the day I think that's the real issue for the majority of people who do not like the law.

The problem is as I mentioned before everyone participates in the health insurance system as it stands today, there is no opting out even if you want to, but not everyone can get individual insurance or the rates are so high they can not afford them. For universal healthcare to work everyone has to be able to get insurance. That requires Guaranteed Issue which basically means everyone is guaranteed that they will never be declined for coverage. That leads to a new issue that if a carrier can't decline someone for coverage then most people will wait to get coverage till they need it. That's like saying I have to give you a home insurance policy even if your house is on fire. So the only way that Guarnteed Issue will work is if everyone is covered so the good risk balances out the bad. Otherwise rates would sky rocket. Using the my previous example if most people only got home insurance when there house was on fire, and the insurance was guaranteed issue, then pretty soon home insurance premiums would cost as much as a house.

I'm not saying you should like it, or agree with it, but that's the reason it's part of the law. Otherwise if Guaranteed issue had been put in place insurance companies would have shut down their individual products or left the industry and you would have the Govement running healthcare which they proven thru their mismanaging of Medicare would be a true disaster.
Unread 10-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #31988
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
I was actually responding to power's post, I can't watch videos at work.

I agree that the thing is completely convoluted and many of the people running it are confused. I was commenting just last night how I could answer the simple questions the lady in charge of health and human services couldn't in an interview my wife was watching.

My issue is everyone is getting their information from politically charged sound bites that many times contain false or inaccurate information. I catch very little of that news because I'm working 10-12 hour shifts most days due to the changes that affect large groups. It's my job to understand the real world impact; it's consuming my life right now, so it drives me nuts when inaccurate stuff pops up in the venues I do pay attention to.

I don't care if people hate the law for what it really is; I just wish they would stop throwing garbage in among the real issues. I don't have anything invested in the law it's self but I do in healthcare. The system has to change or it's going to collapse. I can tell you this law as it stands will not collapse the system but it also doesn’t address the longer term issues of growing medical costs. It just makes sure that everyone’s bills get paid and people who do not have access to routine services now do in a more efficient and cost effective way.
Powrs video was straight from the man himself saying that this is a transition step towards a single payer system then just before it rolls out recanting that and saying it is not. You can't have it both ways, it either is or it isn't. When the rest of the Administration is saying that it is (and the director saying it is eventually going to put private healthcare insurance out of business) I have a big problem with it.

Quote:
I realized this may be the post you're referring to, I thought it was the videos:

All premiums from the exchange are paid directly to private insurance companies

They are requiring you to buy a plan but no one is reviewing or commenting on your treatment choices. It's a private plan run exactly how it always has been in the past by a private insurance carrier.

HIPPA laws still apply and have been strengthened as part of healthcare reforms.
I agree with Scott in that I also have a big problem with being required to buy a plan. Further, I don't see how it can be considered a "tax" if you don't join when the ACA itself says that it is a "civil money penalty." I would also like to see where you say that HIPPA laws have been strengthened. I can only assume that you are referring to the omnibus rule? I don't see how HIPPA is strengthened even with that rule when Health and Human Services is saying that protected health information may be freely traded between government agencies including the IRS?

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 10-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #31989
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I agree that health care is totally screwed up the way it is. I don't think this is the solution though. It is going to end up like social security. I'm going to pay for it my whole life and it will be gone by time I can qualify to get it. My grandfather was a plumber and was diagnosed with prostate cancer a year ago. He paid for his treatments out of pocket because he saved his whole life for retirement. He didn't go asking the gov. to pay for his health care.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #31990
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I can't speak to video since I can't watch it but I can say the original design had called for a government run insurance plan offered beside the private plans which didn't happen. It was supposed to capture the risk insurance companies where unwilling to take but instead they went with the guaranteed issue model. I don't see how the exchange system would lead to a "single payer" system when the only thing offered on the exchange is private insurance.

On the HIPPA the law has always allowed for sharing of PHI between business partners when required to do business as long as the "minimum necessary" amount of information was transferred, the transfer is protected (encrypted), and that PHI is still requires the same level of protection with that second party. In this case the government entities are valid business partners. How and when information can be shared was strengthened as well as when a member is notified of the sharing or compromise of their data.

Funding for ACA is coming from multiple sources. The only one in effect right now referred to as a tax is the one being paid as part of current health care plans. There's also a fee being collected by the government as part of the insurance premiums to fund the exchanges that gets smaller over time. These are the two items that have increased the group premiums in addition to the required benefit changes.
Unread 10-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #31991
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The cost of premiums have already skyrocketed because insurance companies are trying to compensate for the bad risk. Poor health is an epidemic in this country. Between diabetes, cancer, heart disease, obesity, etc, insurance companies are raising rates so they can recoup the cost of treating unhealthy people.
If you think illegal aliens won't be covered by the "benefits" of this law, explain to me how they're able to receive tax returns and child credits that sum in the millions of dollars for merely thousands of filings! As it is now, they will go to the ER every few days for dialysis. They get treated because at that point it's emergency service. Once they're stable, out the door they go, just to be back in two days! My mom witnessed this first hand!
I still don't see how tho can possibly be considered better new fits for less cost. I am going to pay more in premiums, and losing vision and dental coverage! I have it in writing from my employer. They also included examples of comparable coverage through obamacare that showed even higher rates due to my income level! If I made 15-20k a year, I would e loving this, but because I make over 50, my effective take home will become 5-10k less because of the added premiums and the additional cost of services previously covered.
THESE ARE FACTS, NOT OPINIONS!
Unread 10-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #31992
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I can't speak to video since I can't watch it but I can say the original design had called for a government run insurance plan offered beside the private plans which didn't happen. It was supposed to capture the risk insurance companies where unwilling to take but instead they went with the guaranteed issue model. I don't see how the exchange system would lead to a "single payer" system when the only thing offered on the exchange is private insurance.

On the HIPPA the law has always allowed for sharing of PHI between business partners when required to do business as long as the "minimum necessary" amount of information was transferred, the transfer is protected (encrypted), and that PHI is still requires the same level of protection with that second party. In this case the government entities are valid business partners. How and when information can be shared was strengthened as well as when a member is notified of the sharing or compromise of their data.

Funding for ACA is coming from multiple sources. The only one in effect right now referred to as a tax is the one being paid as part of current health care plans. There's also a fee being collected by the government as part of the insurance premiums to fund the exchanges that gets smaller over time. These are the two items that have increased the group premiums in addition to the required benefit changes.
So what you are saying is that the IRS is a valid "business partner" that needs my PHI to do business? How does that make sense? Nobody in the Government should ever be a "business partner" because the Government should not be a business. Further, you are saying that the Government being able to share PHI "without consent" is ok?

I agree that healthcare costs were out of control but I think that the way of bringing them down are not by way of the ACA. You want to bring down healthcare costs? Stop allowing frivolous lawsuits. Keep medical institutions from charging outrageous fees. Seriously, does it cost a Hospital 4K for me to stay the night? Does it cost an ambulance company 8k to drive me to the hospital? Why the hell does an asprin cost $400? Because the medical institutions can charge it and insurance companies pay it.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 10-14-2013, 05:49 PM   #31993
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
hows your first Monday off?

Posted from outer space.
Weird. But I got a few things done and am learning to appreciate having fewer people wandering around in the middle of the day
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 06:10 PM   #31994
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Got excused, and just got home. Don't see a reason to tell work just yet. Thinking about sneaking out with the dog for some light jeeping and some exploring close by. Anyone off? May do some shooting as well, not sure. Don't wanna be mean to the dog's ears. Btw, I never understood that with duck/fowl hunters with dogs. They don't protect their hearing, but I never hear of it affecting the dogs. Any thoughts from the avid hunters here?
Dang, sorry I missed seeing this. I woulda tagged along but I was too busy getting other chores done instead
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2013, 06:13 PM   #31995
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Blah blah blah blah blah obamacare

Hi everybody.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.