Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 213 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-07-2012, 02:37 PM   #3181
Lasvjeep
1980 CJ7 

I would prob take 3k for it has 4" springs 31" mt's iron duke sr4, no idea on mileage hasn't had a speedo since I bought it. Have a later T176 and dana 300 to go with it. Was going to do a sbc swap but life (and kids) happened

Lasvjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 06:26 PM   #3182
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

pics?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #3183
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Went and did Bitter Springs today with a friend and his wife. It was a lot rougher than when I did it last year. Not a difficult road, but it's not minivan capable like it used to be.
Unread 01-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #3184
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Went and did Bitter Springs today with a friend and his wife. It was a lot rougher than when I did it last year. Not a difficult road, but it's not minivan capable like it used to be.
how about station wagon capable? Or am I out of luck?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-08-2012, 07:07 AM   #3185
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
how about station wagon capable? Or am I out of luck?
The beast should be able to make it. I was just amazed at the difference. Last year, the quarry was open so they were maintaining the road somewhat to get trucks in and out but clearly the damage from the handful of storms has not been addressed. Made for a funnier ride, so all's good.
Unread 01-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #3186
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
The beast should be able to make it. I was just amazed at the difference. Last year, the quarry was open so they were maintaining the road somewhat to get trucks in and out but clearly the damage from the handful of storms has not been addressed. Made for a funnier ride, so all's good.
Reminds me of Potato Ridge. A few years ago, I remember seeing a Subaru Imprezza going through it. I took my stock JKUR through there and I was scraping in a few places. And that was taking the easy way!
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #3187
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Where is bitter springs?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 07:00 PM   #3188
Namaste_LV

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw
I went out there Sat as well with the new GC and the road is definitely more interesting than it used to be.
Namaste_LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #3189
Namaste_LV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Where is bitter springs?
You can enter near echo bay from lake mead or at the fireworks stand at moapa
Namaste_LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #3190
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

today we hooked a trail at the western end of Tropical. the trail broke into so many different directions that it was not funny. We ended up at one of the quarries at the end of Summerlin Parkway, where a security guard was kind enough to let us out the gate. There was a few spots that I used 4L to be safe. It was not too bad, once on the trail I realized that I still had my 4 inch drop hitch on... and it only drug a few times. From looking at Google Earth it looks like one of the trails could have taken me out to Kyle Canyon. I might have to try that way next time.
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #3191
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wow #3200 post on this thread
Unread 01-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #3192
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

3201 ha!
Unread 01-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #3193
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

3202... sorry just had to. Blame it on the blue moon

and wtf is this stuff with your token has expired, please reload page.
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #3194
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Just ate a huge buffalo steak from whole foods. Man power. Vodka going down well. The IRO track bar and double sheer bracket are super beefy as well. Test drove it and it's tight. I laid a wheel tonight in the niner. 2wd is pretty fun. Just so no one with an itchy stick up their butts gets the wrong idea, I had drinks later.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #3195
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

this is still for sale if anybody is interested in a sick wheel gun! I love this thing but got another .45acp, so need to let it go.

.45acp airlight scandium/titanium smith and wesson 325pd. Pretty rare. thing is lighter than my snub nose.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.