Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2127 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 10-11-2013, 08:14 AM   #31891
sirhk100

Marn, only took me 2 nights to get the brakes working on that car! I pulled in my secret weapon last night though! The uncle cruised by and I learned a new trick or 3... This wasn't just a normal brake issue. This car is on the edge of complete brake system failure, it just happened to show it's cards while I was being Mr. nice guy and had it in my garage.

Oh and for power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulbEB...ature=youtu.be

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 09:26 AM   #31892
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Marn, only took me 2 nights to get the brakes working on that car! I pulled in my secret weapon last night though! The uncle cruised by and I learned a new trick or 3... This wasn't just a normal brake issue. This car is on the edge of complete brake system failure, it just happened to show it's cards while I was being Mr. nice guy and had it in my garage.

Oh and for power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulbEB...ature=youtu.be
What was the issue?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 09:38 AM   #31893
sirhk100

In short, a brake system that's on the edge of complete failure due to every seal in the system being swollen... I just exposed it's issues by compressing the piston a tiny bit to help put the calipers back on the rotors.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #31894
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Happy Friday everyone!
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 12:41 PM   #31895
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
I had a similar problem, well actually the exact same thing happening to me with my ZJ and it turned out to be a bad injector. So I switched it out with another one and changed the plugs, wires and I never had another issue.

I tried changing the IAC and the TPS and it did nothing. One of my plugs was fouling out.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
The previous owner replaced the number 1 injector twice (because of the misfire code) coil pack, cap and rotor, wires, plugs (I changed the plugs also) crank sensor, and now the TPS and IAC.

Its so weird it has way more power than any 4.0 I have had but its got the stupid idle crap going on
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #31896
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post

The previous owner replaced the number 1 injector twice (because of the misfire code) coil pack, cap and rotor, wires, plugs (I changed the plugs also) crank sensor, and now the TPS and IAC.

Its so weird it has way more power than any 4.0 I have had but its got the stupid idle crap going on
Aftermarket cam?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #31897
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Aftermarket cam?
This is possible. if its got a bit of overlap in the cam profile, that could account for the rough idle.
Unread 10-11-2013, 01:32 PM   #31898
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Puck may be on to something. Maybe a previous owner did some customization they didn't want to admit when they sold it because they were worried it would hurt the value. Are there shops in town that has an expert in the 4.0's that could go over it?
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 01:42 PM   #31899
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post

This is possible. if its got a bit of overlap in the cam profile, that could account for the rough idle.
It could be but that doesn't explain the times were it feels like one cylinder is down and then there are times it feels like 2 are down
Unread 10-11-2013, 01:55 PM   #31900
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

hoping to drive my jeep this weekend....

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 10-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #31901
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
It could be but that doesn't explain the times were it feels like one cylinder is down and then there are times it feels like 2 are down
I'm 99.9% sure you don't have an aftermarket cam. You'd have a lot more issues than just an erratic idle. Have you cleaned the throttle body? And you don't need to replace the IAC or TPS, they can easily be cleaned. Something easy to check is all of your vacuum connections, one little leak will cause that "cam" feeling.

Does it happen at idle under load, in park, or both?
Garza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #31902
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Is the idle ****ty all the time, or after you drive it? My idle gets ****ty after i drive it hard, then shut it down. Mine is horrible heat soak in the injectors though. Gas it a few times, its right as rain back to normal idle.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #31903
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

You running normal temps when this happens???

Just a thought the ecu likes normal operating temps.

Sent from underneath my Jeep

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2013, 03:08 PM   #31904
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post

I'm 99.9% sure you don't have an aftermarket cam. You'd have a lot more issues than just an erratic idle. Have you cleaned the throttle body? And you don't need to replace the IAC or TPS, they can easily be cleaned. Something easy to check is all of your vacuum connections, one little leak will cause that "cam" feeling.

Does it happen at idle under load, in park, or both?
Both, doesn't matter if I drive it all day or just start it in the morning either. As soon as its off idle it flattens out that's why I was thinking distributor because it would be sending a hotter spark. What I'm thinking is the shaft is possibly bent so at low idle 750ish its not getting a good spark gap in between the rotor and cap. I could be way wrong but I dunno at this point.
I was thinking vacuum leak also but it would have a stumble when I hit the gas and it doesn't.
Unread 10-11-2013, 03:22 PM   #31905
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

this actually had me lol'ing

http://enid.craigslist.org/cto/4119280944.html

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.