Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2125 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #31861
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just discovered that my company will be dropping our vision/dental coverage AND increasing premiums on Jan 1! Thank you, affordable care act!
It's printed right there in the paperwork that the cost will increase due to the new law! Yeah, health care costs will decrease! What a clever lie they sold everyone!

Unread 10-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #31862
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I'm battling a blown dimmer fuse. It keeps blowing. I probably have a short somewhere in the dash! Keep paying for fuses or just go without night gauges....hmmm

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #31863
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
By chance anyone have a spare TJ 4.0 distributor laying around? I'm trying to figure out my idle stumble. I have full power when I hit the gas but at idle I get a miss fire.
Have you tried cleaning the IAC and TPS?
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #31864
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

We rollin on fo-dees, with the top back!, so much clearance, you cant stop that!!!
image-3656759395.jpg

image-2508886250.jpg

Unread 10-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #31865
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
We rollin on fo-dees, with the top back!, so much clearance, you cant stop that!!!
Could probably install forced induction on mine for what those things cost! Lol
Unread 10-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #31866
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
you people and your capable jeeps!

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #31867
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Just discovered that my company will be dropping our vision/dental coverage AND increasing premiums on Jan 1! Thank you, affordable care act!
It's printed right there in the paperwork that the cost will increase due to the new law! Yeah, health care costs will decrease! What a clever lie they sold everyone!
For most group's over 50 subscribers the price increase is a mixture of the better benefits required by the law and the fees/taxes. For groups under 51 many times it's the new rules on rating the groups that are causing the rates to go up for groups with good risk and rates to go down on groups with bad risk.
My big issue with the law is adding the fees and taxes to the rates. If this is something the majority of the country supports then it should have been paid for with a general tax increase. As someone who handles health insurance risk as a profession I can I say support universal healthcare as long as the insurance and healthcare is provided by private companies. The reality is we already have universal health care, no one gets left to die on the street and anyone can get treatment at an ER. By making sure everyone has proper access to care we increase efficiency and in the long run costs in the system will go down.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #31868
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Could probably install forced induction on mine for what those things cost! Lol
Possibly, but dollar for dollar, I'll get more performance out of these tires than ever throwing $$ at a 4.0 asking it for more power
Unread 10-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #31869
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Except our benefits on the medical side, benefits(copay and deductibles) stayed the same, rates increased, and dental/vision are dropped. I fail to understand how that equates to lower cost.
When we had our last baby, it would have cost us less if we had no insurance. The hospital provides an 85% discount for non insured. We have an 80/20 policy. Lower health care costs can be achieved without universal insurance requirements. Insurance companies look to be in a position to seriously profit from the law!
They're going to reduce benefits while raising premiums, and it's now required by law that people purchase minimum coverage policies! People don't understand how catastrophic this is going to prove to be. EVERYONE in the health care industry that I talk to says its going to be terrible and the American people better be ready! I know of many clinics and drs that are closing/retiring because of all of this.
Unread 10-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #31870
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Except our benefits on the medical side, benefits(copay and deductibles) stayed the same, rates increased, and dental/vision are dropped. I fail to understand how that equates to lower cost.
When we had our last baby, it would have cost us less if we had no insurance. The hospital provides an 85% discount for non insured. We have an 80/20 policy. Lower health care costs can be achieved without universal insurance requirements. Insurance companies look to be in a position to seriously profit from the law!
They're going to reduce benefits while raising premiums, and it's now required by law that people purchase minimum coverage policies! People don't understand how catastrophic this is going to prove to be. EVERYONE in the health care industry that I talk to says its going to be terrible and the American people better be ready! I know of many clinics and drs that are closing/retiring because of all of this.
Without question your rates where probably increased by taxes and fees or changes in the factors the insurance company was allowed to use in rating the group. However I recommend you look at the Max Out Of Pocket amount on your new benefits. This is one of the biggest benefit requirements of the law and takes effect for policies effective 1/1/14 and later. The Max Out of Pocket cannot longer exceed $6250 per member and now both deductibles and RX must count towards it. This is a huge because any single person will never have their costs exceed $6250 in year. I know that's allot of money but a lot of plans in the market currently like those "Minimum coverage" plans you mentioned would have Max Out Of Pocket figures many times this with large deductibles that did not count toward it. Plus most policies in the market right now have no max out of pocket for RX.

The problem I see right now is that this law has become so much of a political hot button right now that there's tons of miss information coming from both sides. The reality is that it's so complex that few people fully understand it. I would argue that many people even in the industry have not been properly educated or have been miss informed. It's not perfect, and it may increase costs in the short run, but in the long run it's better than what we have now.

As to the hospital discounting or in some cases waiving claims for uninsured you have to remember they make that up elsewhere in what they charge the insurance companies for other claims. They still have to cover their costs or they cannot stay in business.

The real point of the law is to get people access to take care of their health before it becomes critical and costs more to treat. Every person that goes to the Dr. when they’re sick instead of the ER will save the system thousands. In the long run less heart attacks, untreated diabetes, and other chronic conditions will mean less cost in the system and lower rates.
Unread 10-10-2013, 06:34 PM   #31871
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
They never sold it to me. Sold would imply consent which they did not have.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 06:40 PM   #31872
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

http://youtu.be/rEM4NKXK-iA
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:01 PM   #31873
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

The first time in US history that the public has been forced to buy a product from a company or be fined/taxed
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #31874
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
The first time in US history that the public has been forced to buy a product from a company or be fined/taxed
Which is unconstitutional, but they got away with it by not calling the penalty a tax. Even though the IRS collects and penalizes for it.
Unread 10-10-2013, 07:46 PM   #31875
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

From a high level it comes down to how we see health care as a society. 100 years ago health care was a luxury item. If you didn't have money for it you died.

So as a society we have to decide if you're dyeing, and you don't have money for healthcare, should you receive it.

If the answer is no, you only live if you can afford the care, then that's the decision we make as a society and we should not require people to have insurance or ER's to care of anyone that shows up at the door without a way to pay.

If the answer is yes then the current system was not designed to handle that requirement, it's still based on the luxery item model and it needs to change. Healthcare reform is the first attempt to make that change. Is it a perfect, absolutely not, but its start.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.