Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 212 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! ECGS Black Friday Sale!!Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 01-05-2012, 10:29 AM   #3166
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Ysb, isn't that the same corner that was broken before? Either odd coincidence or something's up with that corner?
Yeah, same corner with the broken bolt, but after an afternoon of hammering the bolt head I got it tightened in. For the past week, every time I drove it I checked it for loosening and it seemed fine. I took it offroad on Tuesday without issues. We even went much further that day. On Wednesday after only maybe 10 miles it broke.

I reviewed it several times trying to think of a way I messed it up. There are only three bolts holding it it place. Two up top, one at the bottom. I can't get it upside-down. I can't get it backwards because I wouldn't be able to access the adjustment knob.

You think there is something that I could have done wrong? In a weird way, I'm hoping it was something I did so I won't lose confidence in the shock later. I really don't want to have to inspect it every time I stop.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #3167
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
My gut feeling assuming all else is good on your jeep and you're sure it's the right length is you just got a bad luck one...
The guy at the store said he's only seen it twice in his almost 20 years working in offroad shops.

The hardware was still in place, so I can't see how installation could have been a problem. I really want to believe there isn't something I did that could have caused that. It just seems so unlikely that a good shock would break under those conditions.

We weren't even going fast. Probably less than 10 MPH because I slowed to see if there might be a thin cable between those poles that was difficult to see.
Unread 01-05-2012, 10:40 AM   #3168
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Ysb, stop driving it like you stole it!!
I do tend to drive like someone is chasing me. Kind of sad considering I get passed by school buses. It all started way back in the mid 90's. I was 23 or 24 with extra money and good credit. I bought the last year Chevy made the ZR1 Corvette.

I sold it and have been trying to get the same power out of every vehicle I've owned since.
Unread 01-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #3169
sirhk100

Like you said, pretty much impossible to install wrong and only 3 bolts. Far from rocket science. I'm betting you just got a bad shock. I worked in the suspension industry for 8 years myself. 4 of those years we used bilstein product. The last 4 with a different employer we used shocks made by gabriel. I've only seen one like that myself but it was due to improper use.

I still think you just got a fluke shock. I wouldn't stress too much about it. Rancho has a good name and is a big company supported by a MASSIVE parent company. (Tenneco) If it was common they wouldn't be where they are in that industry.
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2012, 04:37 PM   #3170
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Any trails planned for this weekend??
Unread 01-06-2012, 08:13 PM   #3171
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Hello...lo...lo......lo
Unread 01-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #3172
RDaniel2405

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I know this is not the for sale section, but im trying to sell my bushwacker flat flairs. i would rather sell them locally so i dont have to deal with shipping.

anyone around vegas interested let me know. thanks
Unread 01-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #3173
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Pics? Price? Fitment?
Unread 01-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #3174
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I'm still interested in stripping that truck if anyone else is interested. I'm not really sure where it is and am weary to go by myself after hearing the warnings of YSB. If anybody else is down lets go.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #3175
RDaniel2405

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Pics? Price? Fitment?
pm'ed
Unread 01-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #3176
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Haven't heard from Ysb lately. Hope he's ok. Anybody got anything going on this weekend or next weekend? Anyone have PSN names? Go killin online?
Unread 01-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #3177
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

mine is the same as my username on here. I only really play cod mw3 these days though.
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #3178
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Putting on my IRO double sheer track bar today. Got a quote of 60 bucks for Dan's Driveline to swap yokes for me. An hours work for them. Now I just need to go to the JY. Almost back in action.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #3179
Lasvjeep
1980 CJ7 

Hey guys just throwing this out there but I have a 80 cj looking to trade for a cherokee anyone interested hit me up
Lasvjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #3180
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Don't have a Cherokee, but what about the cj? Price, motor, mods, miles, etc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.