Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2089 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 09-21-2013, 10:58 PM   #31321
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Don't do HID headlights without installing projectors. Your stock headlights aren't designed for the light discharge of HIDS, just halogens.

Posted from outer space.

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 11:01 PM   #31322
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Cool, thanks for the pic, did you find that one worked better than the other of the two?

I agree about finding HID kits being relatively inexpensive now, but I have seen too many of them not last long or deal with much vibration or anything & the folks on the hondatech forums were saying that these HIR bulbs were just as bright, and for $60 a pair, I figured it would be well worth it.
I don't know anyone that carries their spare on their tailgate anymore Raptor or I would spread the word for you. Good luck with the sale.
Yeah i got a bumper coming up from CA soon and im gonna mount my swing out tire/jerry can/rack onto it so its time to go
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #31323
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
Don't do HID headlights without installing projectors. Your stock headlights aren't designed for the light discharge of HIDS, just halogens.

Posted from outer space.
Yep, yet another reason I went with HIR over HID.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:38 PM   #31324
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Just a quick thanks to Jokerchief and dmgiff.
Jokerchief, the axles are installed and work perfectly. I mixed and matched knuckles, brakes ect. Really like the 4 10's.

Thanks dmgiff for the offer of the housing, but I was unsure of the condition of the internals of my bent front axle.

Great Jeep community here with some really good people.
Unread 09-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #31325
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Sierra Hotel time to go wheeling.

Got my brakes figured out just some odd and ends this week time to get some miles on it and shake it down.

Next Sunday is my first open date for a ride should be ready.

Sent from underneath my Jeep

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 04:19 PM   #31326
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Three years ago, on September 19, Marn started this thread. I don't know what the stats are but I would venture to guess that this is probably one of the longest if not the longest running thread on here. Therefore, I raise my can (of Dr. Pepper, I am at work after all) to this thread. Happy Belated Birthday.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #31327
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

The million post thread was way longer lol.

Crazy that it was 3 years ago.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #31328
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Made it back from panaca. Totally uneventful drive except for my gas tank springing a leak where it was supposedly repaired (not the hole I made, but on the top). I picked up some putty in caliente and fixed it when I got to panaca. No biggie. Noticed the leak in ash springs after filling up.

Didnt see your post about the springs Khris. I have been out through that slot canyon. The bridge burned down some time ago. When we were up there doing our rural outreach semester for school that was one of the places we explored.

My portion of the project was working with the ranges at cathedral gorge. A busy of mine and I put together a new master plan for the park that incorporated new trails, backcountry camping, and actually tied the park into the silver state trail. Obviously none of it has happened, lol.

Anyway, good trip. Jeep ran well. My gas gauge works now but it reads 1/4 tank low (full = 3/4 on the gauge and the gauge reads empty with like 5 gallons still in the tank). Need to bend the sending unit I guess.

My exhaust rattles against my frame sometimes and is annoying. I need to remove my cat (why somebody put one on there i dont know?) and move the muffler forward about 12" then I can hang the tailpipe where it belongs.

No driveline vibes unless I really get into the throttle while doing like 70-75ish. Must be the driveline torques under heavy load. I can cruise at 70 or 75 just fine.

So, gas tank leak but y gas gauge started working. Ill call it a draw haha.

We made some bomb-*** chili for dinner in the Dutch oven.

Anyway, pitchers:
image-3219160049.jpg

image-281151591.jpg

image-1296478682.jpg

image-2841780109.jpg

image-3057892208.jpg

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #31329
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

325 mile road trip probably wasn't the best idea for its first shakedown run, but seems to have gone well!

Unread 09-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #31330
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Looking good Marn.

Andy, here is some good reading for you. http://autos.yahoo.com/news/5-best-c...213753032.html
Unread 09-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #31331
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
My exhaust rattles against my frame sometimes and is annoying. I need to remove my cat (why somebody put one on there i dont know?) and move the muffler forward about 12" then I can hang the tailpipe where it belongs.
Perhaps it lived in Komifornia when they had that big kick about all vehicles needing cats? I remember a buddy *****ing about having to put cats on his 1965 Mustang when he moved out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Andy, here is some good reading for you. http://autos.yahoo.com/news/5-best-c...213753032.html
Three of those five, I wouldn't be caught dead in. Some vehicles just aren't made with shorter drivers in mind. The new Camaro seems to be one of those. It looks to me like even tall people sit so low in the damn thing that they can barely see.

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #31332
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Day 2
image-1353622731.jpg

Unread 09-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #31333
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post
Day 2
Do you plan to eat these flies or are you just killing them because you can. Obviously, you aren't sport hunting!

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #31334
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Do you plan to eat these flies or are you just killing them because you can. Obviously, you aren't sport hunting!
We have three dogs and no matter how much you do to pick up the poop we had a pretty severe fly problem. Fly strips didn't do anything catching maybe one or two a day. Finally got off my but and made my way to the local feed store and picked up some serious fly traps. In two days both traps have made a serious dent in the local fly population.
Unread 09-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #31335
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post
We have three dogs and no matter how much you do to pick up the poop we had a pretty severe fly problem. Fly strips didn't do anything catching maybe one or two a day. Finally got off my but and made my way to the local feed store and picked up some serious fly traps. In two days both traps have made a serious dent in the local fly population.
That is really good to hear. I have heard from various sources that the flys in Vegas are really bad this year. If the winter weather hasn't killed them by the time I get home, I will be looking for some of those traps as well.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.