Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2087 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 09-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #31291
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Marn, I did get it thanks... It's stapled to the pick ticket here on my desk cause the invoice lady isn't in again today so I technically still haven't even paid for the part yet.

Grand, the white one looks ugly in those pictures but in person it looks pretty mean and when you hear it fire up, any thoughts of ugliness go out the window for sure.
Sweet, thanks again bud!

The casting on that thing was perfect.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 09:52 PM   #31292
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

So whats everyone's option on buying a house right now. I am thinking about looking into buying one. My reasons are i need a bigger garage and yard, since moving here 4 years ago every house i have rented feels cramped. My girl and I moved from a 2 story into a one story over a year ago and i kinda dig the one story but the lack luster 2 car garage that isnt deep enough to fit her truck kills it also the slanted driveway. I would like a 3+ car garage and a decent driveway possible RV parking and a nice sized back yard. I know its hard to find in vegas but at this point I think its a good time. I also hate being in a house i cant do **** to. This house wouldnt be that bad if i could change things.....
What do you guys think? Did the market hit bottom or is there still gonna come down?
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #31293
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
So whats everyone's option on buying a house right now. I am thinking about looking into buying one. My reasons are i need a bigger garage and yard, since moving here 4 years ago every house i have rented feels cramped. My girl and I moved from a 2 story into a one story over a year ago and i kinda dig the one story but the lack luster 2 car garage that isnt deep enough to fit her truck kills it also the slanted driveway. I would like a 3+ car garage and a decent driveway possible RV parking and a nice sized back yard. I know its hard to find in vegas but at this point I think its a good time. I also hate being in a house i cant do **** to. This house wouldnt be that bad if i could change things.....
What do you guys think? Did the market hit bottom or is there still gonna come down?
The market is good to buy right now with the intrist rates low enough to buy. If the fed reserve pull out of buying bonds in the stock market, the rates are going to skyrocket. So imo buy if you can aford to do it now.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 11:30 PM   #31294
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

It is a great time to buy because interest rates are low. At the same time it sucks due to lack of homes on the market. Home prices have been going up because the inventory is low not because of any recovery in the market. Cash buyers have been swooping in on others offers who have to finance. I would save up a minimum of 20% down payment on the house you want to buy. More is better of course. You can try to work with a realtor who has a relationship with sellers who would rather sell to a home owner rather than an investor who will put in renters.
I will say it is a renters market. I think LV is 3rd in the country for empty homes for rent. You may be able to find something bigger for less money.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #31295
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Buy now. Things are not as buyer friendly as they were before when everything was totally in the tank, but its still a good time.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-20-2013, 11:45 PM   #31296
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well fellas, jeep is buttoned up. Wheels are back on, e brake is hooked up and functional, I have new shocks all around and a steering stabilizer.

I need to do an alignment in the morning and also point it down hill to get another half quart or so of diff fluid in the rear.

Other than that, I think the axle swap is done :-)

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-21-2013, 12:02 AM   #31297
sirhk100

Raptor, where are you financially? Don't need details but do you have a reasonable down payment saved? Is spending that down payment going to break your bank? You probably totally know this but make sure it sinks in... ANYTHING that happens to that house is your responsibility. You may want to go out to some fancy dinner tomorrow night but tomorrow morning when the water heater blows, your plans may be right out the window. If you're even remotely in a situation where you're paycheck to paycheck and barely making any extra to toss in the bank, make sure to really consider it all the way thru. I can say one thing... I bought the big nice house in Az. Single dude rocking a 4 bedroom 3 bath on 2 acres!!!! Epic right!!!!! Nope, hate it!!! So stupid!!!! Now granted, if you have family plans, buy with those plans in mind. But seriously, buy what you need, don't go all crazy and get excessive with your purchase. Here in Vegas, I've managed to purchase something that works great for me! I could've afforded a heck of a lot more and bigger and all that but why? I have what I need and I'm happy. The cool thing about this is I can double or even triple my payment if I want. But if next month I decide I want to buy that Atlas Case, or paint my exploder, or blast off to the east coast for a weekend on a whim, I can... I just make my month instead of doubling it or tripling it and I'm safe! If my water heater blows up tomorrow or my Fridge dies or my A/C goes out... No biggie, I take care of it and just make my monthly this month and get back to the extra next month.

If you're swimming in cash though, friggen go for it!!! Just some ramblings where I'm coming from.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 08:35 AM   #31298
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

What are you people talking about?

Raptor just go for it regardless of how much you have or make. And since you have that 3 car garage better get a brand new 1 ton pickup and a boat to pull with it. Then don't forget the new pool for the back yard.

Jeeze, it's not like spending money that we don't have ever got anybody, or our entire country for that matter, in trouble.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #31299
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Living within your means is way overrated. You have to make sure that both and your spouse are on the same page as far as financial responsibility. For example...with my new job our mortgage is officially about 8% of our post tax/retirement contribution income. I am trying to pay down debt aggressively while my wife goes out test driving new cars...
Unread 09-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #31300
sirhk100

Yeah, me and Cody got into it the other day about the amount of dog food he eats. I think about cutting back on this or that just to turn around and watch him eat more. He really needs to get his spending in check!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #31301
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Yeah, me and Cody got into it the other day about the amount of dog food he eats. I think about cutting back on this or that just to turn around and watch him eat more. He really needs to get his spending in check!
I do not want to hear about animal food. I want to get rid of our cat because he was throwing up. The vet put him on a special diet for his thyroid... $50 for an 8.5lb bag. FML
Unread 09-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #31302
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

My wife's car is starting to show its age and we are thinking of getting her a new car. I'm thinking like a used Ford or Chevy. She is thinking a new Mercedes.

And Marn I think I have your scorpion problem beat. Here is what I found in my garage.
image-2527641437.jpg

image-971899381.jpg

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2013, 11:55 AM   #31303
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

On ****! Is that a rattler? I've never seen any snakes out here.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-21-2013, 11:57 AM   #31304
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Okay fellas.

I've loaded up the jeep and I'm about to head north. Plans are to spend the night at Cathedral Gorge State Park in Panaca, just up past caliente.

Ill keep everybody updated as to my status. The old girl hasn't been away fr home in a while, so here's to hoping all goes well, though nothing should be different with how it actually runs.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #31305
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Okay fellas.

I've loaded up the jeep and I'm about to head north. Plans are to spend the night at Cathedral Gorge State Park in Panaca, just up past caliente.

Ill keep everybody updated as to my status. The old girl hasn't been away fr home in a while, so here's to hoping all goes well, though nothing should be different with how it actually runs.
Have a good time. If you have any issues give me a call. With the wife home I can leave the house kid free to help people now!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.