Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2084 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 09-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #31246
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
The other week i was rewiring an irrigation clock, and saw something move like 2" from my hand. Freakin giant black widow.
Those scare me to death even though its rare to die from their bite kids and elders are more likley to because their skin is thicker. Their fangs are not that long. I'm more scared of brown recluses their fast and aggressive once seen one chase someone scary

xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 01:09 PM   #31247
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Those scare me to death even though its rare to die from their bite kids and elders are more likley to because their skin is thicker. Their fangs are not that long. I'm more scared of brown recluses their fast and aggressive once seen one chase someone scary
Blackwidow's just make you hurt for a while, the reculuse really ****s your **** up.

Nothing like a giant gaping wound of rotting flesh.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #31248
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

The last confirmed death caused by a black widow in NV was in the 50's. He was in his 70's and had a heart condition. BWs tend to not be very aggressive and are reclusive.

Brown recluse is not native to Nevada but it can be found and is pretty rare. We do have something called a desert recluse that looks similar but is not very poisonous in comparison.

I'm more worried about bed bugs then spiders.
image-823451870.jpg

image-53941860.jpg

image-2855129198.jpg

ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #31249
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

ugh. gross.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #31250
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Any of you guys know cheap land scaping companies?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #31251
sirhk100

Back when I did my front yard, I had 4 or 5 companies quote mine and I ended up going with Showready Landscape. Owners name is Ed. I have ZERO complaints with what they did for me and he was substantially cheaper then everyone else that quoted it. I actually was blown away at the range of price quotes and they were all working off the same materials list I provided basically.

807-9788 Ed is the owner, nice dude... They knocked out my entire front yard in a day.

No offense Marn... Oh, and your part will be in my entry way in about 15 minutes...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 04:52 PM   #31252
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post

What all do you need? Maintenance or install work?

Quote:

Unread 09-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #31253
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

What all do you need? Maintenance or install work?
Maintenance. I no longer have time to mow my own lawn.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #31254
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Maintenance. I no longer have time to mow my own lawn.
Ah, gotcha. cheap aint us. Weekly starts at $175 per month. Somebody probably has an amigo that'll do it for like $80 a month.

Quote:

Unread 09-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #31255
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I'm more worried about bed bugs then spiders.
Eww those things give me the heebeejeebees
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #31256
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Marn you should check out the giant scorpions in the median on Durango where it goes over the Summerlin Prkwy. Now those are huge! Giant suckers, 3 ft tall!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #31257
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Dang Khris, I am sorry I just got on here and saw your post about needing help with recovery. Unfortunately my rig is out of commission right now and I don't think the FJ would do any better than your exploder. Good luck man!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:02 PM   #31258
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Just go to star nursery or home depot and find some people.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #31259
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Are there any places open on Saturday that carry a wide variety of stock steel? I need some small steel tubing that fits tightly around another piece I already have. I tried Home Depot and Lowes but they don't have the right size. I'm hoping you all can suggest someone open during the weekend that might have it. Thanks!!!
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #31260
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
Are there any places open on Saturday that carry a wide variety of stock steel? I need some small steel tubing that fits tightly around another piece I already have. I tried Home Depot and Lowes but they don't have the right size. I'm hoping you all can suggest someone open during the weekend that might have it. Thanks!!!
Cal Ranch or Ace Hardware might, and depending on how small of tubing your thinking you might want to consider some of the hobby shops too. Curtis steel and places like that aren't open on Saturdays unfortunately
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.