Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2083 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 09-19-2013, 12:32 PM   #31231
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
I saw my first scorpion a few months ago in a water meter box and about pissed myself. I have a major phobia with bugs, so seeing that i fliped out and ran like a *****. I dont know how you can get that close to things like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Because they don't jump! haha
More or less what he said!

Bugs in general dont bother me too much, just spiders and scorps. When something frightens me, I research it. I can tell you all kinds of **** about spiders and stuff.

I'm generally okay with any given creepy crawly until its actually on me. Luckily out here we dont have much nastiness other than some spiders and the scorps.

I've seen ONE camel spider, and have never seen a Vinegaroon (lets pray to god I never do). Out in the desert I've seen a handful of tarantulas, but thats okay because that **** is big enough to see it coming. Generally cant get on you if you see it from 20 feet away.

Back home we have barn spiders which are about my most hated thing in the entire world. If I had a dollar for every time i came around a corner in a barn or garage and walked through the thickest nastiest web ever, I'd have like 5 dollars. My god you wanna see me dance around like a little girl put a spider on me. These things used to live in the roof of the patio at my parents inn, asnd i wouldn't even sit outside for fear of one getting on me.

Fucing disgusting. Sometimes they are line an inch and a half across the legs. God i hate them. I prefer tarantulas and dock spiders which are bigger and faster.

Strangely enough their painter told them if you paint the roof light blue, the spiders wont live there. They did, and havent had any on the patio all year. Weird huh?

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #31232
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

The other week i was rewiring an irrigation clock, and saw something move like 2" from my hand. Freakin giant black widow.

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #31233
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Marn, emailed the purchase request about 30 mins ago. Should have it for you today.

Side note... Anyone bored off their butt today and wanna go play rescue? A friends dad is stuck at the bottom of a hill he can't get back up and out of with his jeep somewhere up near Indian Springs. They're walking out to the highway and have a friend coming to pick them up but still need to rescue the jeep. Sounds like a tow strap and pull up is all they need. I think he's open diffs front and rear on like 31's so it's likely to be nothing super gnarly. He's also more of a dirt roads exploring type and not a true crawler... Basically I'm not expecting it to be anything super gnarly. Never know though... Text I just got right now from him says he may need winched out but who knows. I'm off work around 4ish and was gonna swing by and grab my high lift, some chain and my straps. If anyone else wants to roll up there today though sooner or even roll out there with me this afternoon that would be cool. Not looking to make an "event" of it but if someone with a capable rig and a winch on the bumper wanted to roll up with me this afternoon in case straps really can't pull him out of whatever he's stuck in that would be cool.

Like I said, it's nobody from here, it's a friends Dad...

Merrick, it's Sarah's Dad Ray....
Let me know if you don't find anyone to help. Blair is at home and can use my jeep to help if you can't find anyone else.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #31234
sirhk100

I told him I'll come up 100% for sure and if it's something I can't just pull him out of with my expo and we really need a winch that at worse case we can organize something to get it out of there tomorrow afternoon for sure. It sounds like they're physically safe so it's just a matter of recovering their jeep at this point.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #31235
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
Does anyone have one of those plasma cutter CNC setups or know someone who does? I need to get a few sheet metal pieces cut. It's for new business idea so I need a good clean cut and exact dimensions.

Along the same lines does anyone know where I can get a free copy of CAD online or something CAD like that will work with one of those CNC tables?

Thanks!!
PM coming your way... for the cad, look at google sketchup or whatever their program is called. If it can export to .dxf file that's all you probably need for the CNC and supposedly it's pretty capable and free.

Unread 09-19-2013, 12:39 PM   #31236
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
Let me know if you don't find anyone to help. Blair is at home and can use my jeep to help if you can't find anyone else.
Do you have a winch on it? I don't remember... If my expo can't pull him out with brand new tires and lockers front and rear, then next step would be winch for sure so...

Unread 09-19-2013, 12:44 PM   #31237
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Do you have a winch on it? I don't remember... If my expo can't pull him out with brand new tires and lockers front and rear, then next step would be winch for sure so...
Yup, but you will have to work it for her.
Unread 09-19-2013, 12:48 PM   #31238
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Matthew, i may or may not have a copy of AutoCAD2007 sitting around. Probably have 2010 somewhere too if I can find it, but not positive.

Quote:

Unread 09-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #31239
sirhk100

Oh, is your winch like the cooking and cleaning kind?

Unread 09-19-2013, 12:50 PM   #31240
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Marn, emailed the purchase request about 30 mins ago. Should have it for you today.

Side note... Anyone bored off their butt today and wanna go play rescue? A friends dad is stuck at the bottom of a hill he can't get back up and out of with his jeep somewhere up near Indian Springs. They're walking out to the highway and have a friend coming to pick them up but still need to rescue the jeep. Sounds like a tow strap and pull up is all they need. I think he's open diffs front and rear on like 31's so it's likely to be nothing super gnarly. He's also more of a dirt roads exploring type and not a true crawler... Basically I'm not expecting it to be anything super gnarly. Never know though... Text I just got right now from him says he may need winched out but who knows. I'm off work around 4ish and was gonna swing by and grab my high lift, some chain and my straps. If anyone else wants to roll up there today though sooner or even roll out there with me this afternoon that would be cool. Not looking to make an "event" of it but if someone with a capable rig and a winch on the bumper wanted to roll up with me this afternoon in case straps really can't pull him out of whatever he's stuck in that would be cool.

Like I said, it's nobody from here, it's a friends Dad...

Merrick, it's Sarah's Dad Ray....
Awesome! Just seen this. Thanks bud.

And unfortunately I don't have a vehicle that would be of any help in that sitchiation. Lemmie know how it turns out.

Quote:

Unread 09-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #31241
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

So much for the whole starbucks thing. they now have a policy of now openly carried firearms in their stores.

Who's fault is it? The libs? the angry Mothers? the shooters just recently?

No, it's our own ******* fault. This just reinforces my reasons to CONCEALED carry. It was a stupid idea of me to want to go in there open carrying, and I'm glad I didnt, and just CC'd as normal.

http://practicaltacticalpodcast.com/starbucks/

Quote:
Well. We have done it.
I say we, as in the collective gun-owners and 2nd Amendment supporters/enthusiasts of this nation. We win together, and we lose together.
Last week, we shared a major victory in Colorado with the recall of two anti-gun politicians. Thats our Win.
This week, we have finally forced Starbucks to choose a side in the great gun debate. All the sabre rattling, and “starbucks appreciation days” and open carry foolishness we could throw at them. They finally made a decision.
Good Job. Well done. We have “educated” them and their “liberal” customers who don’t particularly share our views and affinity for all things that go bang.
The decision is in, and it is not in our favor. Starbucks has said that they do not wish to see “guns as a part of the Starbucks experience.” We have educated them to the point that they would prefer we just go away…or at least leave them out of it. They have said that they will not ask anyone open-carrying to leave, nor will they post signs regarding the policy. Frankly, I wish they would. I hope the “activists” have the intestinal fortitude to respect their wishes…but I’m not holding my breath based on how they have acted in the past. Calling for a boycott is weak-sauce, too.
We have essentially forced neutral Switzerland into the hands of the Nazis. A company that was not restrictive in their corporate policy. A company who followed local law. We forced them onto the national stage– without consulting them about it, I might add– and into the center of a rather divisive debate. Replete with “I Love Guns and Coffee” patches and t-shirts and mugs and all sorts of other cute little trinkets.

Instead of quietly supporting a company through the purchase of their product to show your appreciation, you just had to load up an AR, AK, or shotgun or put on that fancy “tactical” drop leg holster, call all of your gun-guy friends to meet you there, and march into the place to “Make a statement” and “educate” people on our rights.

Edit: I was contacted by the individual pictured above. He is in the US Military, and for context, wanted to advise that this photo was taken in a Starbucks in Camp Arifjan, Kuwait in 2005. He did not request the photo be removed, just wanted to add context for this particular photo. -Casey
You had to throw that rifle on your back, knowing damn good and well you were going to cause a scene. If you DIDNT know you were going to cause a scene, you’re an idiot when you consider the multiple “active killer/mass murder” incidents of very recent notoriety. You have allowed those of us who choose to be smart regarding these matters to get a black eye from society and, you are directly responsible for allowing the left a small victory.
The attention-whoreness of it all is rather disturbing.

My guess is that you are the same ones who only carry when you are trying to bait a cop or ruffle feathers or trying to “educate” people….well, you did. Congratulations. (P.S. Of the eleventy-billion videos of seen on YouTube wherein folks of your ilk try to “educate” cops on the law, Ive seen about 5 that were legitimate)
Don’t complain now because the company had to make a business decision to make their customers and workers feel more comfortable and/or safe. Remember that YOU are responsible. YOU forced their hand. YOU are the reason they made this choice.
We have turned the debate into a joke. Yes, we are all responsible.
Whether youre an (A) “in your face activist” as previously mentioned, or a (B) gun owner who doesnt agree with them but remains silent and thereby complicit, we are all responsible. Own it.
Personally I fall into the latter category (B). I think the first category are a bunch of fools, and open carry is a piss-poor method of carry outside of a few distinct instances. I have remained silent on the issue, but that ends today. I don’t want to be represented as a gun owner by those who choose to act as those described above. A tactical victory is never worth a strategic defeat. In the end this has hurt us in a battle where we are making progress. If we dont “eat our own” and correct these issues, the OTHER SIDE will. We have lost ground due to tomfoolery, chicanery, and general shenanigans. If we don’t get on the same page, we will continue to give up ground.
Much like how we get irritated when the “not terrorist” muslims dont come out and outright condemn muslim terrorist acts and organizations…we are taking the same track by not raising the bull**** flag when we ought to. We have to police our own. No successful organization, entity, or cause embraces personnel or spokesmen who damage the image and value of the brand.
There is strong precedent that responsible activism, grassroots campaigns, and legal processes can make a tangible difference. Just ask two former Colorado politicians. Ask our Founding Fathers. Ask any number of successful organizations or causes.
And now the internet comes to life on the topic. There are alot of ”scuffles” and debates going on about how Starbucks is wrong to take this stance, or how we (gun owners) shouldn’t “eat our own” with regards to the fools who just have to “educate the public” with their open carrying of guns, and treating them as if they were nothing more than a high end fashion accessory. Still others say that while they dont disagree with Starbuck’s policy, they dont like being “lumped in” with “those guys” — talking about the aforementioned “educators and keepers of liberty”
One internet poster said: “I never believed Starbucks was an ally anyway.” I would say he may be right. They weren’t. They are an outfit that sells coffee. Period. They just had a policy that wasn’t restrictive, and followed local law. They were unwillingly and unwittingly co-opted by the “rabid gun movement” people, and literally thrust on the national stage in the midst of a highly charged debate without their consultation on the matter.
This is why we can’t have nice things.
Don’t blame Starbucks, and don’t blame liberals. Blame stupid gun owners.
Look in the mirror, own it, give yourself a pep-talk, and go fix it.
Practical takeaway: Just because you CAN doesn’t always mean you SHOULD.

Quote:

Unread 09-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #31242
sirhk100

Well it sounds like it's gonna involve a hill and I'm not sure I have faith in your rig around hills quite yet so you were already off the list.

Unread 09-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #31243
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh, is your winch like the cooking and cleaning kind?
It's like winch wench witch combo back
Unread 09-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #31244
sirhk100

I'd get beatup cause of my phone if I ever went to starbucks.

Unread 09-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #31245
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Well it sounds like it's gonna involve a hill and I'm not sure I have faith in your rig around hills quite yet so you were already off the list.
ppppssssshhhhhhhh! Whatever man, whatever!

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.