Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#41,603 ·
Anyone have any jeep cherokee front body parts they want to sell locally? Fenders, hood, grill? Have a friend looking to mount them on his so he can race jeep speed. Would rather give the money to a person then the junkyard.

#41,613 ·
I really need to go out with you guys when you have your roof top tents out. The prices just seem mind blowing to me! Like do I want to buy a small cheap throw away commuter car? or a tent? Do I want to make a couple house payments (cause mine is cheap), or a tent? Do I want to go on a pretty *****in little vacation? Or a tent? LOL Hell, I could buy 3 SMART PHONES!!!! or a tent! LOL

#41,614 ·
Right!? They are pretty badass. I didn't lay down in either one, but they set up in literally less than 15 minutes and seem pretty nice. The biggest thing is, you're not on the ground. They're made of pretty thick canvas, not that cheapie thin windbreaker material. I'm just about sold on one, but need to save up and get the trailer too. I could throw it on the roof rack as designed, but it's already too heavy and an open sail on the highway as it is...lol

#41,615 ·
I guess I'm just too overly satisfied with my normal tent and my cot or air mattress depending if I'm solo or not cause that's a big chunk of change that is just hard for me to swallow! I need to see one in person to see really where the benefits are.

In reality, I can't remember the last time I actually setup my tent though. If I'm solo, I typically just toss out my cot and sleep in the open. Puck saw this on our V2R prerun last summer. If I'm not solo, typically the air mattress just goes in the back of the exploder and I control the weather by rolling windows up and down. LOL Or I bring my 7.3L diesel apartment...

#41,616 ·
I had brought the dogs, so the kids slept up top and I was in the annex. Still a good time though. For me it was mostly space and ease. The bedding status stays in the tent which gives more space in the jeep. When you have 2 dogs and 2 kids space and ease is a premium

#41,619 ·
As you all know I am a big fan of RTTs. I spent many years sleeping on the ground, then on a sleeping mat and then on a cot. I can say I have never been more comfortable than when sleeping in my RTT. I put a couple of comforters under me and a big ol' down comforter on top with a couple of down pillows (all of which can be kept in the tent when stored). It's like sleeping on my queen bed with my wife and even more comfortable having all the room to myself. Being off the ground means no worries in the rain, fewer critters and a general sense of security. The heavier canvas insulates better and makes for a quieter night with noisy or snoring (Greg) neighbors. And as Powr said set up is a breeze. You are looking at a major investment and need to determine if it is worth it. For me it is definitely a yes.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.