Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 208 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #3106
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

dont be fooled by the low purchase price though...they get spendy!

I've put the purchase price back into the truck in the past 1.5 years.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #3107
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I know the feeling Doc, I put so much money into older cars to get them running good, then you add up the cost sometimes and it is almost as much as a car payment. With two kids and the summers here, I would not want to go too far in something that I did not know 100%
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:31 PM   #3108
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I challenge any of you to get a picture similar to this while wheelin' in your TJ/YJ/CJ's!!!! Psh, all you baby jeeps!
Challenge accepted!
rearseatremoved.jpg  
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #3109
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
dont be fooled by the low purchase price though...they get spendy!

I've put the purchase price back into the truck in the past 1.5 years.
I know it's like that with all old cars. I bought my first car, a 77 camaro , for a case of beer. In 6 months I spent $6500 rebuilding a motor and a new trans but I was sooo worth it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2012, 11:25 PM   #3110
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Any given classic car could require up to 50+k to be of equal condition to most new vehicles. I enjoy the old ones, but they're priced too heavy for me. My tj will end up costing me around 30-35 total when it's done.
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:27 AM   #3111
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

My old 03 TJ costed me 45k when all said and done. That includes the buy-it-new price of 17,900 (Mountain Home, ID). It had a FT LA, Dana 60 rear and Rubi front, PSC 6" fenders, sliders, front and rear stingers, etc, and a ton of other stuff on it.

Just empty each pocket!

And for my 11 JKU Rubi, it's gonna have to wait. I'm starting school full time soon.
Unread 01-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #3112
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I wish I had I jeep to spend money on......
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 11:19 AM   #3113
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Idler pulley went out on the way home last night... I love roadside fixes...lol
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #3114
MikeSW214
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I challenge any of you to get a picture similar to this while wheelin' in your TJ/YJ/CJ's!!!! Psh, all you baby jeeps!

The Guy all the way to your rifgt with the CLC shirt on... Is that CLC in Lake county IL?
MikeSW214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #3115
sirhk100

I'm the king of cheap! All said and done I should be under $10K into my TJ for how I want it built including purchase price. My yota I'm sitting at about $13K all said and done but 100% of the labor was me so I guess add value for whatever that is. If I was to do a classic I'd build a mustang just cause of my employer... I'd be dumb not to! Employee parts cost is so cheap it would probably be like getting a raise if I did build a car at my cost here! LOL

On a side note, didn't use the jeep over the holidays but did run the truck from boulder to searchlight and back in the dirt. Running highway speeds most of the way with zero issues. I also used the truck to haul my enclosed with dirt bike out to Ridgecrest Ca. for the holidays with no issues. So far out of the box I'm quite happy with how it's working!

On the new front, should be purchasing the correct 6 speed this time for my TJ next week! Not doing the swap till I have a buyer lined up for my auto though. Common, someone needs to pop the 3 speed auto in their TJ!!! LOL

Oh, I also decided over the next couple months I'm going to be making some changes to my truck that are going to require purchase of new wheels so the beadlocks pictured on my truck above are going to find a new home on my jeep!
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #3116
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoberts View Post
My old 03 TJ costed me 45k when all said and done. That includes the buy-it-new price of 17,900 (Mountain Home, ID). It had a FT LA, Dana 60 rear and Rubi front, PSC 6" fenders, sliders, front and rear stingers, etc, and a ton of other stuff on it.

Just empty each pocket!

And for my 11 JKU Rubi, it's gonna have to wait. I'm starting school full time soon.
Lol, 45k.

My old TJ was like 8k all said and done.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-03-2012, 01:15 PM   #3117
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSW214 View Post
The Guy all the way to your rifgt with the CLC shirt on... Is that CLC in Lake county IL?
The one and only.

They're all from Volo/Third Lake

Unread 01-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #3118
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Sirhk100, I'd like to get out there sometime and get some shots of the toy airborne. Mean looking truck!
Unread 01-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #3119
sirhk100

It's fun and I'm always looking for people to take some good pictures of it. I'll trade you some seat time for some pictures. I promise you'll get a rush! So far EVERY single person I've taken in it has had the same basic comments in so many words:

- It's hard to ride in it cause mentally you're body is cringing at every bump yet when you hit the bump it's smooth
- It would take a while to drive the truck as fast as you do cause I feel like we should be on the brakes when you're on the gas.

LOL

I'm going to be doing some shock valving work here in the next couple weeks hoping to get the front end to ride a bit smoother so when that's done I'll be taking it out for some runs to see how it works. I'll give you a heads up when I'm taking it out to see if we can work something schedule wise.

Khris
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #3120
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Hit the back trails connecting Goodpsrings to Sandy Valley today, we stopped at a few mines, but mostly I was just trying to dial in the shocks. I still think they are too stiff for the street, but offroad they are great at high speed. Before I got them, my back would be killing me after just an hour offroad, but after most of the morning and afternoon of mostly washboard road I feel fine. Not as fast as Khris' Toyota, but as fast as I'm comfortable going.

I did find some really nice spots for a group camping trip when it warms up a little. It's an old quarry mine. Lots of flat areas with tailings throughout. Everyone could have their own mini valley that will fit their Jeep, tent and equipment. Everyone would be fairly close, but still have their own privacy.
img_6052.jpg  
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.