Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2077 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.com

Unread 09-16-2013, 04:56 AM   #31141
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Khris - the light bar looks awesome, but that position sure leaves it exposed compared to mounting above the windshield. Why did you decide that spot?

Andrew - glad to hear that Larry's gonna be able to help you out, if you have rear brakes, why not just drive it over there? I drove my LJ from the PR trailhead (Parumph side) to Durango/95 area with zero hydro brakes by using gears, e brake and skills only.

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 05:39 AM   #31142
sirhk100

Have you ridden in a truck with it over the windshield? Any layer of dust on the glass and the glare is insane! Plus down the road the hood is very likely to end up white which is just more glare. Over the windshield functions fine in a race truck without a windshield and a darker colored hood but I can promise you, 99% of the fabtech lifted trucks around town with their light bars don't actually have them for use.

I tried it up top but mounted further back and it looks lame... The spot it did look decent was against the front cross bar on my roof rack but back there, the light output was blocked quite a bit by the roof line.

As long as I don't use my bumper as an actual push bar I'll be fine and it would be the same as any other lights I bolted up there without doing a custom bumper. I'm sure if I wreck it, the light bar at our cost will be the least of my concerns and I highly doubt I'll ever hit anything in the dirt with it there.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 07:36 AM   #31143
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
Khris - the light bar looks awesome, but that position sure leaves it exposed compared to mounting above the windshield. Why did you decide that spot?

Andrew - glad to hear that Larry's gonna be able to help you out, if you have rear brakes, why not just drive it over there? I drove my LJ from the PR trailhead (Parumph side) to Durango/95 area with zero hydro brakes by using gears, e brake and skills only.
Because thats dangerous as ****. My pedal goes to the floor still.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #31144
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Because thats dangerous as ****. My pedal goes to the floor still.
Now the guns make sense!!! You're a safety freak!!! LOL I saw the tires lock up myself with my own eyes like 2 months ago. Tires left black marks on the street... Seemed safe enough for a back street trip across town.

And wait, did you actually type in the "*" for your bad word there? I'm kinda offended cause I don't know what word you meant so now I've said every bad word I know trying to figure it out. My thoughts are now offended...

Unread 09-16-2013, 08:04 AM   #31145
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Now the guns make sense!!! You're a safety freak!!! LOL I saw the tires lock up myself with my own eyes like 2 months ago. Tires left black marks on the street... Seemed safe enough for a back street trip across town.

And wait, did you actually type in the "*" for your bad word there? I'm kinda offended cause I don't know what word you meant so now I've said every bad word I know trying to figure it out. My thoughts are now offended...
No I don't type the asterisks. I just type my curse words and let the filter do its job.

I'm sorry I'm just not willing to put my truck on the road as is. Not worth Risking it for me or anybody else on the street

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #31146
xrunndonex
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

No I don't type the asterisks. I just type my curse words and let the filter do its job.

I'm sorry I'm just not willing to put my truck on the road as is. Not worth Risking it for me or anybody else on the street
Well if people don't pull out infront of you or anything you should be good.
I can see for safety though also if you hit someone even if it was their fault and the police or insurance heard about brakes itd be all bad
xrunndonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #31147
sirhk100

I'm thinking maybe you shouldn't ride in the race truck. I've gotta feeling you're going to be too scared Marn.

Unread 09-16-2013, 09:06 AM   #31148
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'm thinking maybe you shouldn't ride in the race truck. I've gotta feeling you're going to be too scared Marn.
sigh.

Quote:

Unread 09-16-2013, 09:11 AM   #31149
sirhk100

Lol

Unread 09-16-2013, 09:20 AM   #31150
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I dont get why anybody would chance driving something on the street that has brakes that straight up don't work right. but I guess that's just me I guess. Maybe have it towed over tonight or tomorrow. I just at least want to get my front shocks bolted up.

Quote:

Unread 09-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #31151
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
I dont get why anybody would chance driving something on the street that has brakes that straight up don't work right. but I guess that's just me I guess. Maybe have it towed over tonight or tomorrow. I just at least want to get my front shocks bolted up.
Mostly because we are cheap and don't want to pay for the tow.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #31152
sirhk100

Because I saw your tires lock up with my own eyes... I drove my truck home from adams with virtually zero brakes. Lots of down shifting and barely got above 35mph the whole way. Took back roads the whole way also. Don't drive like you would any other day and you're fine. Tailgating and running with traffic, probably not the best idea. Drive it like you know it doesn't have brakes and it's not a big deal. When I did it, my brakes slowed me down at most. Like I relied more on my slanted driveway to keep me from hitting my house pulling in then I did my brakes when I got to my driveway.

BTW, the tow from my house to go 7 miles to adams was $80... that's why I drove it.

Unread 09-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #31153
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

AAA is a wonderful thing.

Quote:

Unread 09-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #31154
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Added towing to my insurance for $15 a year.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #31155
sirhk100

Andy, you sell your jeep yet?

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/truc...ies/208996.htm

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.