Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2075 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 09-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #31111
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Seriously Garza, what are you doing now???
His response:

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #31112
sirhk100

Marn, can you get like some top secret gov licensed napalm of death type chemical for crabgrass? If so, I want some... DGAF what else it kills!!!! I want to make my dirt under my rocks uninhabitable by anything short of maybe cockroaches and chuck norris...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #31113
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Marn, can you get like some top secret gov licensed napalm of death type chemical for crabgrass? If so, I want some... DGAF what else it kills!!!! I want to make my dirt under my rocks uninhabitable by anything short of maybe cockroaches and chuck norris...
Gas should work.
ksturgio is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #31114
sirhk100

Nope, tried it... Tried brake fluid too and every other random chemical you can imagine that may exist in my garage. It all just keeps coming back and growing. Every once in a while I bust out the propane weed torch and go redneck on it when it gets really outta control. May actually burn this weekend sometime! I try to do it really early before the neighbors see my insanity.

Unread 09-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #31115
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Have you tried mexicans? I heard once you get one of them the weeds never come back.
Unread 09-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #31116
Garza
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Have you tried mexicans? I heard once you get one of them the weeds never come back.
I haven't been to his house in a while maybe I need to swing by and spit on them?? Hahaha

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!" BF
Garza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 10:11 PM   #31117
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

After watching a couple of videos online, I have decided that I want to race. Khris, how do you feel about building another vehicle? One seat, mostly stock?

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #31118
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

My wife came over to see what I was watching and I said it was what you wanted to race in... She said that you could certainly fit!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #31119
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-13-2013, 10:40 PM   #31120
sirhk100

There's a guy on Dezert rangers that has a picture of himself like 3' in the air in one of those.

And all I can say is DAMN I WANT JASON'S TRUCK!!! Out at hollywood that thing is a monster!!!!!!!!!! I can't even describe how fast I was slamming thru that stuff out there and it just laughed at it like it was a speed bump! Honestly, even with spindles and then shock tuning on my truck. I still don't think my truck is going to be able to run as fast as his thru the whoops. Links... pfftttt, totally over rated!!! Mind officially blown tonight!!!

Reason being, I've ran that section so many times in my truck so unlike everywhere else I take his truck.. I really know what it's like there in mine and his is just light years better then mine thru it! So bummed there was ponds out there in the middle to keep us from running the whole section!

Unread 09-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #31121
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I saw a bunch of videos of those power wheels when I was looking for stuff for my kids. There are definitely some funny ones out there, me I value my body a little bit too much to try that.
Unread 09-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #31122
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Seriously we use roundup but mix it like double or triple strength. We buy it in bulk concentrate, but you can do the same. Just buy the small concentrate bottle and mix it 2x or 3x as strong. I have a feeling you are not dealing with crab grass, but rather Bermuda.

Hopefully you don't have that nutsedge **** that Garza had. It literally stabbs through weed barrier.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #31123
Garza
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

The only thing I have found that takes care of the nutsedge is Sedgehammer. Unfortunately that crap sprouts up every time we get a little rain but I have it under control....you CANNOT pull them out of the ground as it releases its seeds when you do! Learned that the hard way. So just let the SH do its magic.

I still find it odd that people view Bermuda as bad here....in TX Bermuda and St. Augustine is it! But if you have a desert scape and it grows through or in it...then that makes sense.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten!" BF
Garza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 04:47 PM   #31124
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
The only thing I have found that takes care of the nutsedge is Sedgehammer. Unfortunately that crap sprouts up every time we get a little rain but I have it under control....you CANNOT pull them out of the ground as it releases its seeds when you do! Learned that the hard way. So just let the SH do its magic.

I still find it odd that people view Bermuda as bad here....in TX Bermuda and St. Augustine is it! But if you have a desert scape and it grows through or in it...then that makes sense.
it's only "bad" because its so invasive and hard to get rid of.

Lots of people and places have it as their whole lawns (golf courses) because its super durable.

downside is that it goes dormant in the winter.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #31125
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

So, i'm throwing in the towel on the brakes. It's clearly beyond me.

If anybody has a shop that knows their stuff and is comfortable working on older and somewhat custom vehicles, let me know.

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.