Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2072 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 09-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #31066
sirhk100

LOL, a couple of you have been down this section in either my truck or the race truck. I think this one is a bit different!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=553881681346175

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 05:50 PM   #31067
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
LOL, a couple of you have been down this section in either my truck or the race truck. I think this one is a bit different!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=553881681346175
Jebus, he is hauling through there!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #31068
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

"Get off your ****ing brakes you *****!" LOL

Quote:
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #31069
sirhk100

That's actually how those guys met and they now pit together and actually codrive for each other sometimes! LOL And the dude doing the pitching in that video... He's one of the coolest and most badass dudes in offroad! Ex military dude that says what's on his mind, isn't afraid to hurt feelings, etc... He's like the chuck norris of offroad racing! Kent Kroeker is his name, he's the dude behind KORE suspensions if you've heard of them. One of his best videos here!!!! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueA_IGC9Nfw

This is a better look into him though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvsxP9p5vrE

Or this one... From about 3:35 till they get on the pavement. I bet most jeeps on here would run that section at 10-15mph at the most. Garza's, 20-25. It's GNARLY!!! Square edged faces and some are easily waist to chest deep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG9_ksXLqV8

Unread 09-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #31070
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Seems to me that you wouldn't need special bars designed to repeatedly smash someone from behind if you were a better driver than them.. They may be slow, but they are still in front of him.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #31071
sirhk100

Fastest guys don't always start in the front. A lot of the time, it's drawing names from a hat. Also, it's not uncommon to not even see the dude behind you in the dust. Go do a race and it'll totally make sense...

Vegas to reno, there's MANY stories of faster guys stuck behind a slower dude in their dust for 50 miles trying to get by because it's a lot of single line course...

Plus, it's fun!

Unread 09-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #31072
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That makes sense. Still after watching all three vids, yes he's got awesome skills, but he also comes off as arrogant and a complete a**h***.
Unread 09-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #31073
sirhk100

That's why I like him! LOL He doesn't go out to get a participation trophy, he goes out to win and steps into it with that attitude.

Baja 1000 a few years back, half the trophy truck field was scared to death cause robby gordon drew last off the line of a field of like 45 TT's. Everyone was expecting him to just blow up trucks rear bumpers on his way to the front.

Unread 09-12-2013, 07:26 PM   #31074
sirhk100

Here's a good example of the fastest not starting at the front. LOL, the pass at 3:25ish is on one of the herbst trucks. They start in 30 second intervals so it took him only 3 and a half minutes to close a 30 second gap off the start of the line.

Oh, and for those that say they want to ride in a tt and I'm here saying you got bigger balls them me... There's a good video of where I'm coming from... Sorry, I don't wanna be strapped in that thing with zero control! LOL

Unread 09-12-2013, 07:28 PM   #31075
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That's why I like him! LOL He doesn't go out to get a participation trophy, he goes out to win and steps into it with that attitude.
Would you honestly feel the same way if he had trashed Jason's rig that you built the way he did in that first vid? That was completely uncalled for.

Woah, that last vid is something else.. Between that and the other 5 minute vid you've pretty much convinced me that I never want to ride in any of those trucks, but dang I wanna go watch 'em live all that much more now! That course looked like a rally car course more than a TT course though.
Unread 09-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #31076
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Fastest guys don't always start in the front. A lot of the time, it's drawing names from a hat. Also, it's not uncommon to not even see the dude behind you in the dust. Go do a race and it'll totally make sense...

Hell, just watch the video of the TPF truck passing the only competitor in class. While there was no nerfing, that truck started first and shortly after starting the TPF truck was on its tail. Jason said that he even waited until they were in front of the viewing area to pass just so those of us pitting for it could see. The funniest part about it is Khris and Jason both said they weren't out to win. They were out to finish.

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-12-2013, 07:49 PM   #31077
sirhk100

I'd be pissed if someone blows up our rear end but it's part of racing. Part of it is getting out of the way. Jason ran so fast when Baldwin came up behind him that he hit a fence. If we get hit it's our fault for not moving in time. Most will wait and give you a chance but if you don't pull over first time they think you had a chance you're getting hit. Others will just come up and hit you right off the bat to let you know they're there. We didn't get hit once by the countless TT's and class 1 cars that passed us. It's cause we did what we're supposed to do and got out of the way. I built the rear bumper and it's double sleeved with tubing for a reason. LOL

The other thing with the pass Jason made on that truck... If I'd have been driving... LOL It would've been just that much faster of a pass on the dude! LOL

And yeah, I don't know what would make someone want to ride shotgun in one of those things!!! Screw that!!!! I'd love the chance to drive one but no way I'd want to ride in one! I wanna let off the gas when everything inside says I should be! Funny thing is I've had many people say riding in my truck ofr the race truck is the same where they're thinking crap, he should be slowing down when I've got my foot to the floor. LOL

Unread 09-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #31078
sirhk100

Well, other then having about 2" less up travel, the truck is ready to rock with just minor last minute needs like checking tire pressure and going thru a couple tests with the intercom, radio, gps, etc... It's in better condition then it was last race and I've got a lot more confidence in it knowing everything I wanted to get done before lining up to a green flag is done. Only thing to make it better would be to send the leafs back to deaver and have them work some more arch into them... So... Now we just need a race! LOL Oh well, if it's not too muddy I'm taking it out tomorrow night for light adjustment and testing to see how they work and then next time it heads out will likely be to give make a wish kids rides. That in itself should be a pretty epic day!

Unread 09-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #31079
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, other then having about 2" less up travel, the truck is ready to rock with just minor last minute needs like checking tire pressure and going thru a couple tests with the intercom, radio, gps, etc... It's in better condition then it was last race and I've got a lot more confidence in it knowing everything I wanted to get done before lining up to a green flag is done. Only thing to make it better would be to send the leafs back to deaver and have them work some more arch into them... So... Now we just need a race! LOL Oh well, if it's not too muddy I'm taking it out tomorrow night for light adjustment and testing to see how they work and then next time it heads out will likely be to give make a wish kids rides. That in itself should be a pretty epic day!
It really sucks about the race. I was hoping to see the truck go the distance especially after the last race. What happened that gives you less travel?does it have something to do with going to Deavers over the National springs? Or is it because of the broken tender up front?

Quote:

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
Unread 09-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #31080
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

goodnight friends.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.