Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2071 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #31051
sirhk100

Hmmm, time for a new project!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #31052
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

holy hell thats awesome!!!

Did it survive the jump?

Thats way cooler than those massive trucks they use in like the Dakar rally, like those kamaz or tatra trucks or whatever?

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 12:00 PM   #31053
sirhk100

Yeah, I'm not sure if it survived or not, you know as much as I do now...

Unread 09-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #31054
sirhk100

Ugh.... That is all...

Unread 09-12-2013, 12:24 PM   #31055
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Ugh.... That is all...
?

whatsamatter big guy?

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #31056
sirhk100

Oh, just a "minor" glitch in our race plans possibly... To be exact, I just sent said glitch rumors to jason and his reply was "welp, that sucks a d!ck". Kinda understated right now. LOL

We race the HDRA series... Notice the 4th sentence.

Quote:
From Dave at Ultra4-

I am writing this letter to all Ultra4 Drivers, fans, partners, and vendors. The Ultra4 National Championship Race scheduled for 9/27/13 in Las Vegas has been canceled. This is due to situations beyond our immediate control. The Bureau of Indian Affairs operating permit that was being handled by the Land Manager will not be secured in time for either the Ultra4 or HDRA race. I was notified yesterday at 11:00 AM PST and have been trying to find a resolution,. There were a lot of factors that led to this outcome and while I am confident that Ultra4 has done everything the proper way, it is still ultimately my responsibility for where and how we race. I made the decision to change to this venue from our scheduled race in Texas because I believed it was the best option for Ultra4 and its drivers, and I am confident that we will race on the Moapa reservation in the future. King of The Hammers is often cited as a model of how to properly conduct races on public land, and I will not put us in a position of racing without all the proper permits and risk the vitality of our series and the credibility of our drivers. I am sorry for any inconveniences this has caused any of you.

What is next? I have decided that relocating to another area near Vegas without any rocks would not be indicative of a true National Championship for our series. Additionally, rescheduling till later in the year is difficult at best when you consider vacation time, other race schedules, and preparing for KOH. The best alternative I can come up with is making the 2014 King of the Hammers the finale for the 2013 season. This opens many other cans of worms but I believe it is better to work those issues than leave a championship undecided or abbreviated.

With that being the case, here are the immediate next steps.

Entry fee refund - Please email Shannon@Ultra4racing.com to indicate if you would like an immediate refund or to apply your entry fee to 2014 Griffin King of the Hammers.

Vendor refund - Please contact Chris@Ultra4racing.com for any refunds of vendor and sponsorship payments for this race.

Room refunds - Please also confirm with Shannon that you won't need your room with Treasure Island. I will handle any and all cancellation fees that we may be liable for.

Tech Grandfathering - There were 17 new teams registered for this race. I have to think several of them were racing to get in under the tech deadline. If you are registered for Vegas, your car will be grandfathered to 2013 Tech Guidelines as if the race happened. Physical tech inspection will be at KOH

USAC Fees - I will work with USAC to get your money back if you paid for a single race for this event

Qualifying spots - I will be reviewing the series points, contacting drivers, and will make announcement regarding who is qualified.

I have not spoken to Treasure Island regarding these developments. Please give me a day or two to handle that situation without canceling your room reservations.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this creates. Please know this is not an indication of 'bigger' problems. We will race on Moapa land in the near future and our 2014 schedule is already in place.

I am out of the country at the King of Portugal race till next Tuesday. I will be available by email sporadically until then and by phone upon my return.

Sincerest regards

Dave

Unread 09-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #31057
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

That sucks.... :-(

Quote:

Unread 09-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #31058
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

At least they're handling everything...

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 01:02 PM   #31059
sirhk100

Yup... I'll still finish the front end prep on the truck tonight as planned, still take it out for light testing and adjustment tomorrow night out at the end of Hollywood. Then this weekend I'll still work on the last couple minor odds and ends for buttoning up the full prep. Then decide what's next. Will depend what Jason's gonna do considering he's got some cheap short flight of some sort supposedly booked. LOL Maybe I'll see what's going on this weekend in that trail run thread. If only I had a smart phone to stay on top of it all!!! LOL Maybe I'll take the expo out this weekend again actually... Who knows... All up in the air right now till we get official word. I'm staying positive about it with a slight glimmer of hope from the way I read that announcement coming from Ultra 4. Till I see it from HDRA, gonna keep the plans going for the most part.

If they're canceled though and if Jason decides he's not coming out. Then I'll likely park the race truck and pull my exploder in the garage, get the rear u-bolts done up and then get my yota in the garage and maybe start on my new spindles a bit earlier then planned!

Unread 09-12-2013, 01:03 PM   #31060
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
At least they're handling everything...

Posted from outer space.
Well, that's Ultra 4, not our series. Still have no word from our series. I'm sure Jason will be refunded his entry fee. That's a no brainer... The question will be if his flight is transferable/can be canceled or if he's still going to want to come out and just turn it into a fun run trip rather then a race trip.

Unread 09-12-2013, 02:10 PM   #31061
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looks like HDRA has been "postponed" officially now.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 02:14 PM   #31062
sirhk100

Yup, seen it... Gonna finish the front end prep tonight like I said, button up a bunch of other minor things and take inventory of pit supply/boxes and get those buttoned up as well. Then it'll just be a simple turn key down the road whenever that is. I can work on getting the cordless impact mounted too I guess now instead of strapping it in a bag or something last minute like was probably going to end up happening this time around. LOL

Unread 09-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #31063
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I used to just shove my foot between the rear plate and the tire for brakes on these. It would trash my shoes and my parents used to get pissed. I didn't understand why they'd get so mad, I do now though! LOL

But maybe something similar could be setup for your ride?
Man I miss those scooters - I wish I could find an adult sized one at a reasonable price. Those razor scoots just arent as much fun.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 03:17 PM   #31064
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Wow that really bites about the race; sorry Khris & Jason
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #31065
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Man I miss those scooters - I wish I could find an adult sized one at a reasonable price. Those razor scoots just arent as much fun.
Some friends up in Mammoth have home made them with full bash plates and a few inches of suspension and they ride them on some of the mountain down hill trails and they do a lot of street riding with them. They're like a cross between a bike and a skate board with the tricks they do. LOL These are guys in their mid 30's doing this... LOL

And yeah, bummer for the race! Jason has a grip of money tied up and I've got a bit of time into it... He'll get his entry fee back and I'm sure his flight will work itself out. Next event for the truck now will be a Make a Wish event for the kids. Giving them rides in the race truck... I was worried that the truck might cross the finish line too beat to make a turn around for the make a wish gig and then I'd just use my truck assuming I still owned it. Now though... The truck should be 100% ready to rock!!! Not that the kids would know the difference between 50% and 100% of what the truck should or shouldn't be doing but... LOL

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.