Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2070 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 09-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #31036
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Jared only knows a out Kermit because he happened to come over whole I was babysitting the frog.

Does nobody else know? Awesome. It's like some exclusive club.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #31037
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Unless you are talking about this inside thing that Khris and Marn have going on. I think they may be talking in code about homosexual tendacies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
I know what Kermit is referring to! Only for cool people to know about!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Yup, "cool" people....

...I know too
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
As for Kermit, I guess I am just not cool. Then again, I haven't really cared enough to ask, it was more entertaining to watch Khris trying to be the man of mystery every time he talks about it
If what I have deduced is correct, only cool people have homosexual tendacies and you should be happy you don't know! It means you are not over dudes.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:20 PM   #31038
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

If what I have deduced is correct, only cool people have homosexual tendacies and you should be happy you don't know! It means you are not over dudes.
At least I get free drinks at hooters!

(I had to do it to myself)

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #31039
sirhk100

Well, gas station is in my garage for the next few weeks. If I stop replying forever, it's cause my garage blew up with me in it. Oh, and drill a hole in the fuel line is a cool way to waste a night. Not as bad as a 4 month brake job but still lame!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 11:37 PM   #31040
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

I'm about 99% sure I know what Khris is onto. I myself have tried to figure out a "better" way then what's readily available.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 07:00 AM   #31041
sirhk100

If I can get my hands on the bolts I'll get enough for you too... You'd have a use for them. Check if they're M8-1.25pitch...

Unread 09-12-2013, 09:09 AM   #31042
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Well, gas station is in my garage for the next few weeks. If I stop replying forever, it's cause my garage blew up with me in it. Oh, and drill a hole in the fuel line is a cool way to waste a night. Not as bad as a 4 month brake job but still lame!
I feel your pain. Remember when I knocked a hole in my gas tank? Sucks.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 09-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #31043
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Good morning friends

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #31044
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I feel your pain. Remember when I knocked a hole in my gas tank? Sucks.
Actually I forgot about that! LOL

The messed up part is I was drilling a hole in the bottom of the cab so that I could run a ziptie thru it and secure the soft lines a bit better. I was staring right at the fuel lines while drilling going, man I hope I don't hit those... Bam, hit one... LOL Not a big deal, it was the soft line portion and I had a length of brand new hose on hand so it was an easy fix, still kinda annoying. I used it as an excuse to pump the fuel cell dry though. 27 gallons worth dry... So yeah, I have a bit of gas to burn up in the exploder over the next couple weeks. I wanted to put fresh in the race truck since what's in it is a mix of stuff that's pretty old.

Should have the race truck 95% buttoned up and race ready tonight. All that will be left is last minute stuff like tire pressures, camera systems, and crap like that. Well, and this weekend I need to pull it out and check intercoms, race radio, PTT button, OD button, hammer the fire extinguishers, and start pit supply inventory and going thru pit boxes and supplies we carry on the truck.

Unread 09-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #31045
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Actually I forgot about that! LOL

The messed up part is I was drilling a hole in the bottom of the cab so that I could run a ziptie thru it and secure the soft lines a bit better. I was staring right at the fuel lines while drilling going, man I hope I don't hit those... Bam, hit one... LOL Not a big deal, it was the soft line portion and I had a length of brand new hose on hand so it was an easy fix, still kinda annoying. I used it as an excuse to pump the fuel cell dry though. 27 gallons worth dry... So yeah, I have a bit of gas to burn up in the exploder over the next couple weeks. I wanted to put fresh in the race truck since what's in it is a mix of stuff that's pretty old.

Should have the race truck 95% buttoned up and race ready tonight. All that will be left is last minute stuff like tire pressures, camera systems, and crap like that. Well, and this weekend I need to pull it out and check intercoms, race radio, PTT button, OD button, hammer the fire extinguishers, and start pit supply inventory and going thru pit boxes and supplies we carry on the truck.
Back when I owned the magnum I was on custommagnums.com and I remember the biggest facepalm moment I had ever read.

Some guy was installing ground effects (facepalm #1) on his magnum. In order to mount them, he drilled like 8 holes on each side up through the floor of the car just behind the rocker panel (facepalm #2).

He got out to fire up the car and it wouldnt start and it threw like 38 codes and nothing would work.

Guess where the main wireing harness that controls everything that isnt infront od the dash runs? Yeah, same place as in every car, down the sides.

he showed pictures and it was a mess. he drilled straight through the harness in like 8 or 10 spots, frayed or severed like a billion wires. Took him a few days and some help but he eventually got everything spliced back together.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #31046
sirhk100

Oh god, that would make me sick to my stomach!!!! Funny thing is I'm REALLY good about drilling thru a floor or something to make sure there's nothing under it. In this case though I was simply drilling thru the pinch seam at the bottom back wall of the cab on the race truck so the fuel lines were clearly visible and right there. I seriously was drilling and going "don't blast thru this, don't blast thru this, don't blast thru this" the drill gets thru the metal and bam!!! Right into one of the lines! Didn't spray gas at first, it waited a couple minutes till it actually decided it was leaky... LOL

Like I said, more annoying then anything... Didn't even have to run to the store to fix it. I just gotta replace the fuel line I had on hand and used though. I'm gonna fill the pit boxes with lengths of hose and spares to replace everything on that truck after what we experienced at our last race! No more jack handle patch fixes!!! LOL

Unread 09-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #31047
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

its just one of those "oh come on are you serious!?!!" moments haha.

I will be working on my brakes this weekend or tonight I guess. Dani was all "wait, you have the part you needed? It came in on monday? Why arent you working on it!?"

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #31048
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
its just one of those "oh come on are you serious!?!!" moments haha.
Yes, that was it PERFECTLY!!!

Huh, someone wants garage space back?

Unread 09-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #31049
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Yes, that was it PERFECTLY!!!

Huh, someone wants garage space back?
Yeah. Nova has been sitting outside for 4 or 5 months now. I feel bad.

Also, i want my jeep back. I got distracted buying guns. I need to keep my eye on the prize and get my shiit running. I wasted an entire summer of being able to drive it and go wheelin' and all that, and it upsets me to think about that.

Its all just super frustrating because I have no idea what the issue is, and it just seems like I cant fix it. I know i havent been working on it daily, but its not like i just let it sit for 4 months, i have replaced parts, had friends help, talked to experts, etc etc etc and still cant get the dang thing to work!

Hopefully this prop valve will get me somewhere.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 09-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #31050
sirhk100

I used to just shove my foot between the rear plate and the tire for brakes on these. It would trash my shoes and my parents used to get pissed. I didn't understand why they'd get so mad, I do now though! LOL

But maybe something similar could be setup for your ride?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.