Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2068 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #31006
sirhk100

Already called the owner (Yates Hudson) of copperstate on his cell phone... LOL Guess who really owns OR Fab jeep people...

Here's his jeep when I worked there...

And it turned into this just before I left, I thought the wrap was ugly personally...

Next...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #31007
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Super good deal....I just want the wheels/tires

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4060949842.html

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #31008
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Super good deal....I just want the wheels/tires

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4060949842.html

Posted from outer space.
1. Buy it
2. Swap wheels and tires for the ones on your Jeep
3. ???
4. Sell it for a profit

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #31009
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Lol if I could...

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #31010
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
1. Buy it
2. Swap wheels and tires for the ones on your Jeep
3. ???
4. Sell it for a profit
PITA.... sounds up there with trading a truck for a car to turn around and still try to sell.

Unread 09-11-2013, 04:46 PM   #31011
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
PITA.... sounds up there with trading a truck for a car to turn around and still try to sell.
who would even consider doing that? Pffft....

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #31012
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Just need one of these.
easy.jpg

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #31013
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

who would even consider doing that? Pffft....

image-781355648.jpg

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
Unread 09-11-2013, 05:08 PM   #31014
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

I'm not seeing security bolts of any sort there. McMaster and MSC both have them only in standard, not metric. The only one I'm finding ANYWHERE in the US at all is this source...

http://www.bicyclebolts.com/products...-seatpost-bolt

It's too long and I can cut it down which is no big deal assuming it's really threaded all the way to the head. The catch though is I'm seeing packs of 100 for about 25 pounds which is probably about $35 US... If I can get Jason to bring them with me I could EASILY sell them!!!! Or if I can get my Asian contact to source them even cheaper just more money in my pocket!!!

Now that I'm seeing how insanely difficult they are to find, I really think I could buy in packs of 100 and make a bit of pocket change off these things!!! I mean crap, if that dude above is getting $5 a bolt!!! You know it's cause he's the only game in town which actually seems to be the case!

These aren't for a bicycle seat either, they're for securing something much more valuable that's really easy to steal currently!

Oh... and....
Seeing as how they are so hard to find and the actual security socket to remove them is relatively easy to acquire, it sounds like you are making it more difficult on the owner/manufacturer than it would be on those with devious intentions. Perhaps an alternate fastening solution would be better?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #31015
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02

You sound like all the other android fan boy morons. Way to go Puck...
Rofl! Yup!
Unread 09-11-2013, 07:44 PM   #31016
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Seeing as how they are so hard to find and the actual security socket to remove them is relatively easy to acquire, it sounds like you are making it more difficult on the owner/manufacturer than it would be on those with devious intentions. Perhaps an alternate fastening solution would be better?
If someone wants it, no matter what they're going to get it. I'm just wanting to stop the casual thief looking to jack $500-1500 worth of goods by removing 2 bolts. Nothing short of welding the bolts and even then I could still steal it if I really wanted to is going to work. These bolts would be the same as a bike lock... If I want your bike and it's locked up, I just need the right tool and it's still gonna be mine. But chances are, when I stumble on your bike, I probably won't have the right tool on me. That's all I'm trying to do...

Unread 09-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #31017
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I completely understood where you were going with it Khris, but I guess it just seems to me that the cost vs benefit isn't there in this case. There had got to be a cheaper and just as effective way to keep honest people honest.
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #31018
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
I completely understood where you were going with it Khris, but I guess it just seems to me that the cost vs benefit isn't there in this case. There had got to be a cheaper and just as effective way to keep honest people honest.
I don't think it's the keeping the honest people honest, it's about keeping the dishonest people at bay!
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 08:42 PM   #31019
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Maybe if we had the slightest clue what you wanted to use them for we would agree on it.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #31020
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

There goes Marn making sense again.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.