Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2063 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 09-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #30931
sirhk100

Nah, no real use for anything like that. I've already got random helmets laying around and we've got a fully wired spare helmet for the race truck also already.

Thanks for the offer though!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:47 PM   #30932
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Does anyone need (read: want) a medium/large open face helmet??

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #30933
sirhk100

Hit up Garza, it's perfect for him when he finally mans up and uses his jeep at KOH EMC like it's built for! LOL

Unread 09-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #30934
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Hit up Garza, it's perfect for him when he finally mans up and uses his jeep at KOH EMC like it's built for! LOL
Have you seen my head? I'd be happy if a Medium/Large helmet fit!!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #30935
sirhk100

Just have someone hit the top of the helmet, it'll pop on! Comfort is over rated!

Unread 09-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #30936
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Probably too artsy for me to handle. I can tape off straight lines and that's about it... LOL

Loosing your steering at about 110mph kinda sucks from what I've heard...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeJshszYYyE
Is that what happened? I saw that vid yesterday on RD. I couldn't tell what went wrong and nobody was saying. It looked like the co-dog (Brian I think his name is) was injured but they said everybody walked away.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #30937
sirhk100

Yeah, the guy who owns the old 7S truck I used to ride in... His son and Brandon (driver of the TT) are good friends and they think something in the rack failed and he lost complete steering on it.

Brian supposedly checked himself into the ER last night or this morning... Concussion related. At least that's what a few people have said on the forums. I didn't get that info from my friend so take it as you will being forum stated.

BTW, for anyone that doesn't know, the driver of that TT... He's probably 18y/o I'd guess now. He's only been racing a couple years and started when he was 15.

Unread 09-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #30938
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah, the guy who owns the old 7S truck I used to ride in... His son and Brandon (driver of the TT) are good friends and they think something in the rack failed and he lost complete steering on it.

Brian supposedly checked himself into the ER last night or this morning... Concussion related. At least that's what a few people have said on the forums. I didn't get that info from my friend so take it as you will being forum stated.

BTW, for anyone that doesn't know, the driver of that TT... He's probably 18y/o I'd guess now. He's only been racing a couple years and started when he was 15.
Why would anyone know?.....this is JEEP-forum but yea, that kid hauls!!.....oh and I am excited to say that due to some unforeseen "team" issues lol, I may be co-dawg for at least 1/4 to half each race in TT#53 for at least part of if not all races in the 2014 season. Currently we are 10th in points TT Class., picked up some good sponsors, and with strong finishes with the 2 remaining races this year, sets it up for good things!!

AND I am not joking when I say this is all due to whether I can handle it or not. In 3 weeks I am riding in the truck for shock tuning, and then for 200-300 miles of open desert following. We'll see how I feel, and if I'm comfortable enough to vocally navigate and only pee on myself in small amounts I should be ok.
Unread 09-09-2013, 04:06 PM   #30939
sirhk100

You're more man then I am... I've got no interest in riding in one of those things unless I'm in the drivers seat and under control of it myself. Riding shot gun in leaf spring trucks is nutty enough, screw actually going fast when someone else is controlling it! It's like that thing TJ Flores put together, I could've jumped in and got a ride if/when he finally did/does it but I have zero interest and won't do it.

Unread 09-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #30940
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You're more man then I am... I've got no interest in riding in one of those things unless I'm in the drivers seat and under control of it myself. Riding shot gun in leaf spring trucks is nutty enough, screw actually going fast when someone else is controlling it! It's like that thing TJ Flores put together, I could've jumped in and got a ride if/when he finally did/does it but I have zero interest and won't do it.
I'm not going to be bummed if I can't handle it. One thing I have going for me is that I competed (as spotter) in 3 different rockcrawling circuits over 4 years with the driver of the TT. He is a close friend and one of very few I trust while doing anything that I have no control of. Crazy thing is that your on that list and I haven't even known you that long

Riding in a TT in a real race is kind of like a bucket list thing for me. I wouldn't consider getting in the truck if I wasn't confident I could not jump out quick, change a tire, pull and change a 3rd, change a driveshaft, or even pull and install a trans. in the middle of the desert. It wouldn't be fair to the team, or the driver. BUT I don't want to look back and say I wish I would have.......I'd rather say, hell no I'll never do that again!
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #30941
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

If you're a navigator, eyes should be on the paper, not the course....

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #30942
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post

Posted from outer space.
For me, it's mirrors, gps, road, gauges, mirror, gps, road, gauges, mirror, gps, road, gauges.

Unread 09-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #30943
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Khris looks like your gonna need a smart phone if these catch on lmao
http://www.bilsteinus.com/products/e...stein-b16-irc/
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #30944
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post

Posted from outer space.
Just like Khris posted below is same way I do it.......I would never look at paper , 1/4 Million dollar truck best not have any paper to look at. I'll be staring at digital gauges and a 10" GPS....pushing buttons and hitting switches....I'm brown, it's in my blood ese
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #30945
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am far more likely to trust others in some instances I guess. I trust Khris driving fast offroad far more than I trust myself. I would trust Garza rock crawling far more than I trust myself even if I am a bit crazy when crawling. I suppose my feelings on it come with the territory. I put my life in others hands every day. I stand in front of aircraft with no chocks and engines running. I have ridden with the Army outside the wire. I fly far more than most. Maybe that is why I would likely jump at the chance to ride in a TT, race or not.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.