Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2058 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Reply
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #30856
Puck81
Web Wheeler
 
Puck81's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 2,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
We should organize a "rear main seal change day." Chapman's couldn't fix my leak since around 8k miles. It's had a rear seal, four oil pan gaskets and two oil pans replaced. Still leaks from the rear main area. It's like a drop or two a month, but it still bothers. I ABHOR fluid leaks on my vehicles! I need to address a front diff cover leak too. I think it's just the fill plug, so not too bad. Anyone have any suggestions on a sealing compound for those plugs? I don't want to crank it down to seal it. I was considering RTV.
Thread sealant. Like i use on plumbing fixture threads. Most of the good ones are for everything but oxygen lines for breathing.

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:21 PM   #30857
jokerchief462
Wild Wheeler
 
jokerchief462's Avatar
1989 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Sin City, Nevada
Posts: 2,839
Teflon tape works just fine. Replace it when you service. If you don't want it t I look bad after its tight you can pick the excess from the outside when your done and no one will know.

Sent from underneath my Jeep
__________________
89YJ 2.5L TBI, AX-5, NP231 SYE, Ford 8.8, Yukon Grizzly, Tom Woods Shaft, 33" BFG T/As, 4" lift, Warn VR10000s.

AF Jeep Club Tail #184
jokerchief462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #30858
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,958
I need a RMS too, I am gonna wait until its leaking worse though just 'cause its such a pain. I hate that drop or two every few weeks though
B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:55 PM   #30859
Syncityj
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Henderson, Nv
Posts: 428
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
I need a RMS too, I am gonna wait until its leaking worse though just 'cause its such a pain. I hate that drop or two every few weeks though
A drop or two every few weeks? Hell I wish mine only leaked a drop or two every few weeks. Mine marks its territory every time I move it. My rear diff is starting to leak a little too. I think we should organize a repair day.
Syncityj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #30860
dmgiff
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: las vegas
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I was going through our attic space in the garage tonight and found this.
That's the very first "real" flashlight I ever purchased; SureFire 6PZ Tactical. Still got it. 14 years and running, used every day.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #30861
ksturgio
Registered User
1997 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,812
I never could justify buying one because of the price. But I guess 14 yrs it would be worth it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:07 PM   #30862
Raptor0206
Registered User
1985 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I never could justify buying one because of the price. But I guess 14 yrs it would be worth it.
I have 2 surefires and now a stream light 600 or 800 lums with strobe. I love blinding people at work lol
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #30863
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
I never could justify buying one because of the price. But I guess 14 yrs it would be worth it.
Just try out something kinda similar. I carry a mag light XL-50 for work because they tend to disappear. Decent light but not up to Surefire quality.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #30864
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,266
Nice!!!! Just found a picture from a race I rode shotgun in the old jeepspeed. I've never seen this picture before. This is from about '07 I think.

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 12:12 AM   #30865
andy02
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lost Wages, NV
Posts: 3,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Nice!!!! Just found a picture from a race I rode shotgun in the old jeepspeed. I've never seen this picture before. This is from about '07 I think.
It looks like you are looking out the window all bored. LOL.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix
No one really knows the reason for LCOG Jeeps.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.


September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:21 AM   #30866
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,266
Could be, I used to look around and sight see a lot in between the gauges and the mirror... LOL Only reason I know it's me is cause the stickering on the door is Martin / Kading. Jesse Martin had a black helmet, mine was white... Only other stickers on that door were just a single Martin or Kading... The fact that there's two names on the door means it's for sure a race I was riding in and well, white helmet...
__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #30867
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Could be, I used to look around and sight see a lot in between the gauges and the mirror... LOL Only reason I know it's me is cause the stickering on the door is Martin / Kading. Jesse Martin had a black helmet, mine was white... Only other stickers on that door were just a single Martin or Kading... The fact that there's two names on the door means it's for sure a race I was riding in and well, white helmet...
I call bs, that looks a lot like the Stig to me. Then again the Stig would probably be napping in the passenger seat.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:23 AM   #30868
sirhk100
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 5,266
Well in this one, wearing my KTM orange riding gloves, I'm pointing out Big Ben to the kids as we pass it in the round about for the 20th time.

__________________
Khris

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #30869
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,442
lol, 9 grand?

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4016350698.html
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 09:35 AM   #30870
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,442
thats more like it.

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/3992075580.html
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed


The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.