Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2055 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #30811
sirhk100

It takes me 10 minutes to get to work, what are yall whining about! One time I had to sit at all 6 red lights! That sucked!!!

In Az, I had it worse, I had to negotiate one right turn at a stop sign on my 12 mile commute doing 80mph most the way. One time though, there was too many cows on the road so I just dove off the pavement and took a dirt road to work instead.

My az. house... Damn renters have turned it into a farm and put a trampoline on my concrete pad!

https://www.google.com/maps?q=paulde...,+Arizona&z=20

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #30812
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I miss the days of leaving for work 5 mins before I had to be there.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #30813
sirhk100

Is anyone with a stock TJ hood able to swing by my work tomorrow or Friday or by my house this evening or tomorrow evening by chance? Need to check some parts out on your hood and shouldn't take more then about 5 minutes. Can probably get you a goodie or something as a thank you eventually down the road in exchange...

Unread 09-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #30814
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
My wife really wants it but I'm more on the side of "releasing" it, which is illegal. We have a friend that works for the gov as a tortoise inspector. She said if I'm going to release it do fit at night because if I am caught putting it back in the wild it can be up to $10,000 fine/year in jail.
I'm not so sure it's wild. I have a tortoise (legal tortoise rescue) and he doesn't like his own burrow. He prefers, you guessed it, the garage. My friend has one too. It also likes the garage.

Loose tortoise "pets" are a huge problem here. When the economy tanked and people moved away, many released the tortoises into the desert before leaving town. They are used to people and have become dependent. They are very cool, and actually have a personality- rare for a reptile. They are not difficult to care for. Just read up on them.
If you suspect it is not wild (by it's behavior) don't release it. Either keep it or find it a home. Can you easily touch it without it going into it's shell? Will it take a vegetable from you?
Unread 09-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #30815
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Is anyone with a stock TJ hood able to swing by my work tomorrow or Friday or by my house this evening or tomorrow evening by chance? Need to check some parts out on your hood and shouldn't take more then about 5 minutes. Can probably get you a goodie or something as a thank you eventually down the road in exchange...
Is mine stock enough?
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #30816
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

No I'm pretty sure it's wild. He doesn't like being touched or approached. We left him in the backyard due to them tearing up and redoing the asphalt in our developement. I'm thinking it may have been washed through with all the flooding in the last week. My wife who has always wanted a pet but is allergic to everything with hair is loving it though. She left it a huge platter of veggies this morning. I'm guessing she was up all night researching on what to feed it.

Also the tortoise is tiny. Like the size of a normal hamburger.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #30817
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Is mine stock enough?
Nope, if it was I'd bring the part home with me tonight... Well I still may so you can check it out. You know what it is. But I need 100% stock one first.

Uh oh, may actually have a kid and his dad coming to look at my hooptie tomorrow night! LOL Not getting hopes up but this will at least be the first people that have taken the initiative to come check it out in person. LOL

Unread 09-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #30818
Chrisnvegas
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
No I'm pretty sure it's wild. He doesn't like being touched or approached. We left him in the backyard due to them tearing up and redoing the asphalt in our developement. I'm thinking it may have been washed through with all the flooding in the last week. My wife who has always wanted a pet but is allergic to everything with hair is loving it though. She left it a huge platter of veggies this morning. I'm guessing she was up all night researching on what to feed it.

Also the tortoise is tiny. Like the size of a normal hamburger.
It sounds like you are right. If it doesn't like being touched or approached it does seem wild.
The problem with the release is, you may be dropping it in another tortoises territory, and it doesn't have much time find a new range and dig a new burrow before it gets cold. I think that's why no one wants to help.

How is your back yard? Once my wife feeds something, it's OVER.
Unread 09-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #30819
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Nope, if it was I'd bring the part home with me tonight... Well I still may so you can check it out. You know what it is. But I need 100% stock one first.
What if the sides have been trimmed a little bit, does that count??
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #30820
sirhk100

As long as the top center surface isn't cut and beat to crap or molested all good... I need to make sure the part fits the curvature of the hood... They aren't flat by any means if you really look at them and our part won't bend to match the curves like the others on the market cause ours isn't just a flat plate with some louvers in it. It's got a lot of shape to it and cause of that it's got some natural strength built into it.

Unread 09-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #30821
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:

Uh oh, may actually have a kid and his dad coming to look at my hooptie tomorrow night! LOL Not getting hopes up but this will at least be the first people that have taken the initiative to come check it out in person. LOL
Mine has a small dent does that DQ it?
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #30822
sirhk100

Yeah, looking for one that's 100% straight... Involves a part that's about $20K for tooling and I don't want to take a chance that I "okay'd" the part on a tweaked hood.

Heck, even if I still had my old jeep, I'd still be looking for a straight, non cut, no dents, 100% perfect top section. I just need to lay a hood panel on top and make sure it fits the profile perfect.

Unread 09-04-2013, 04:29 PM   #30823
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
As long as the top center surface isn't cut and beat to crap or molested all good... I need to make sure the part fits the curvature of the hood... They aren't flat by any means if you really look at them and our part won't bend to match the curves like the others on the market cause ours isn't just a flat plate with some louvers in it. It's got a lot of shape to it and cause of that it's got some natural strength built into it.
Well, My hood is in perfect shape less the 4" taken out of the sides, but I don't even have my Jeep. We can use John's possibly if you want, I know its good.
Unread 09-04-2013, 04:35 PM   #30824
sirhk100

I'd be down but I don't know if I'll have a chance to come to you. They're of the opinion that jeeps are a dime a dozen and getting one to come to us should be easy and my evenings tonight and tomorrow night and friday night actually are slammed between race truck, errands, tire kickers, etc...

Unread 09-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #30825
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'd be down but I don't know if I'll have a chance to come to you. They're of the opinion that jeeps are a dime a dozen and getting one to come to us should be easy and my evenings tonight and tomorrow night and friday night actually are slammed between race truck, errands, tire kickers, etc...
Cool, txt sent lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.