Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2053 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #30781
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
For a guy that builds race trucks and some kick *** desert bashers, you lack vision. It could easily be decked out as the ultimate pit/tow pig. Elevated seating so you can watch the other racers. Plenty of space for spare tires and parts, tools, generator, air compressor. Hell, throw an on-board welder on the damn thing. The only real downside that I see (besides the obvious 3 MPG) is that it would be a pain in the *** to store the damn thing between races.
ANY!!!! AND I MEAN AAAAANNNNNYYYYY modern fullsize diesel on the US streets would all of those things better while getting 20+ mpg with about a million more creature comforts and amenities.

As for the elevated seating... Still not that complicated on ANY modern diesel, here's a simple solution posted up on the rubicon trail.

with shade I may add...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 03:05 PM   #30782
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Andy, your one word is...Stryker, or MRAP! Rofl
Unread 09-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #30783
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Andy, your one word is...Stryker, or MRAP! Rofl
You forgot a UA-HMMWV or Hemtt A4.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:07 PM   #30784
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well it looks like I will more than definetely be moving up to WA state in the next 4-6 weeks. I'm excited but scared as hell to be making this move. (Unless some unforseen event happens to my family between now and then).

I'll be posting random stuff that I own in the for sale section as it'll be things that I DO NOT want to bring up with me.

I'm gonna miss you guys

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Unread 09-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #30785
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ View Post
Well it looks like I will more than definetely be moving up to WA state in the next 4-6 weeks. I'm excited but scared as hell to be making this move. (Unless some unforseen event happens to my family between now and then).

I'll be posting random stuff that I own in the for sale section as it'll be things that I DO NOT want to bring up with me.

I'm gonna miss you guys

That blows.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:49 PM   #30786
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

While I was on my way home my wife calls me and tells me there is a turtle in the garage. She sends me a pics and apparently a tortoise wondered into the garage when she came home from work. Pretty crazy it just wondered into the garage.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #30787
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
While I was on my way home my wife calls me and tells me there is a turtle in the garage. She sends me a pics and apparently a tortoise wondered into the garage when she came home from work. Pretty crazy it just wondered into the garage.
You going to keep it?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 12:36 AM   #30788
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

What kind of turtle?

Unread 09-04-2013, 12:46 AM   #30789
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

They're protected animals under the federal endangered species act. Be careful what you do with it. Just sayin'.
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #30790
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
They're protected animals under the federal endangered species act. Be careful what you do with it. Just sayin'.
Tell me about it. Animal control won't take it. I "legally" can't release it back in the wild. The tortoise rescue was closed last week, so they won't take it. NSPCA won't take it because its wild. To keep it you are supposed to register with the state before you have one. So basically doing the right thing is impossible.
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #30791
sirhk100

Well, supposedly the Nov issue of offroad magazine is out right now which honestly makes no sense but whatever... They're saying our truck should be in the Jan or Feb issue most likely so I guess maybe sometime around Oct/Nov time frame we should see how the photo shoot turned out...

Unread 09-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #30792
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
We have had a few show up at our house that escaped from the neighbors. May want to ask around.
Unread 09-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #30793
sirhk100

So... I'm a little up in the air. Does anyone want to hit the swap meet next weekend? I'm up in the air on to if I want to go or not. Right now, I've got no intention of really shopping. Only things I'd really possibly be interested in is a set of hubs but it would have to be a smoking price. So really... I'd be going primarily as a seller. I'd be hauling down my little enclosed trailer and I'd be towing it with my toyota. At this point, that means room for one extra person. Split gas money? I'm not totally sure how I'd go about locking everything up at night for sleeping. I may just shove everything inside the trailer and toss out a cot for sleeping just right there in the parking lot inside the event. I'd likely roll down there early-mid afternoon on Sat and hang till mid-late sunday morning. Back probably late sunday afternoon unless everything sells fast.

It's a swap meet, obviously I can't promise you'd find anything you really want/need. Tires and shocks are usually abundant though along with wheels too. Beyond that, jeep stuff is kinda hit and miss luck of the draw.

Unread 09-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #30794
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio

Tell me about it. Animal control won't take it. I "legally" can't release it back in the wild. The tortoise rescue was closed last week, so they won't take it. NSPCA won't take it because its wild. To keep it you are supposed to register with the state before you have one. So basically doing the right thing is impossible.
Another example of "when laws attack!" Rofl
those laws make it a felony to "molest" a tortoise. that means that if you see one in the middle of the road, youre technically not supposed even move it from the road. stupid.
Like Khris said, ask around with your neighbors. After that, it's up to you. Either keep it, give it to a friend, or release it. It's cool and all, but obviously has turned into a headache for you. If you decide to keep it, keep in mind that they can dig crazy deep holes(like 3' or something nuts like that) If you have grass in your back yard, they'll eat that, but they absolutely LOVE dandilions. Fun facts for the day...
Unread 09-04-2013, 11:34 AM   #30795
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey

Another example of "when laws attack!" Rofl
those laws make it a felony to "molest" a tortoise. that means that if you see one in the middle of the road, youre technically not supposed even move it from the road. stupid.
Like Khris said, ask around with your neighbors. After that, it's up to you. Either keep it, give it to a friend, or release it. It's cool and all, but obviously has turned into a headache for you. If you decide to keep it, keep in mind that they can dig crazy deep holes(like 3' or something nuts like that) If you have grass in your back yard, they'll eat that, but they absolutely LOVE dandilions. Fun facts for the day...
My wife really wants it but I'm more on the side of "releasing" it, which is illegal. We have a friend that works for the gov as a tortoise inspector. She said if I'm going to release it do fit at night because if I am caught putting it back in the wild it can be up to $10,000 fine/year in jail.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.